55장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having such bizarre things happen to me in such a small amount of time, it was only right that I woke up Monday, sleep deprived and wondering if I had actually had Oh Sehun in my room three days before and was speaking with him not even twenty-four hours ago. Logically, I knew it had all happened but it didn’t really compute until I was sleepily walking into the utility room, trying to find my school tie.

“Where did you say you put it?” I hollered for mom.

There was a distant reply of on the shelf. I sighed and grumpily snatched at the cardboard box, pulling it from the shelf. Something clinked to the tile floor, spinning around before it settled into one spot. Yawning, I reached down and picked it up, turning it over in my hands. I stared at it for a moment, trying to figure out exactly who the Patron Saint was on the charm and just exactly where it had come from.

Turning it back over, I read the name Vitus and realized it was the patron saint of dance and a moment later it hit me who the charm belonged to. It was the one Sehun had been turning over in his hand the time we had gotten locked into the principal’s office. I spent a full minute staring at it before I put it in my pocket, deciding on returning it to him at school. Though I wondered if approaching him at school was something I could do even after everything. My question that I had been keeping since the night he knocked on the front door resurfaced: would he return to bullying me in front of everyone once we got back to school? It was a very valid question.  Was he simply going to take advantage of my willingness to help and then turn around and throw back in my face? If so, he did a very fine job of acting like a pitiful dog begging for table scraps. He sure fooled me.

In the end, my worries were for nothing at the moment. Sehun didn’t show up. The rest of them showed up and attended like usual. Jongin looked a little more calm than he had when Sehun had disappeared the week before so I took that as a sign that Sehun had visited him and cleared things up. Instead of worrying why Sehun didn’t show up, I took Jongin’s calmness as a good sign and figured I would return the charm to Sehun the next day. I couldn’t just ask Jongin or someone else to return it to him because that would’ve required some explaining. In terms of explaining, I also wondered if Jongin was still under the impression that Sehun was in Busan.

He must’ve been, because the next day, he continued to act as if I wasn’t there. All of them, with the lovely exception of Luhan, did. Luhan continued to be a wise crack between classes to no surprise, but Jongin never even spared me a glance. Of course, that made me wonder if Sehun had told him and asked him to keep his mouth shut or if Jongin really had no idea and was leaving me alone like usual. I really had no idea. I also had no idea when I was going to be able to return the charm to Sehun because he didn’t show up that day either. And I had to tell my grandma that I wasn’t sure how Sehun was doing when she called that evening because he hadn’t shown up. She wasn’t too pleased.

It was only the day after that when the school had gotten enough to being antsy about their beautiful bully being gone and Luhan decided to entertain the crowd some. It was quite a childish act, but it got everyone’s attention and increased my dislike for the Chinese guy.

“Our little Eunhui looks so lost without Sehun, doesn’t she?” He nudged Minseok who sat next to him at lunch, looking pleased at how his loud voice attracted several pairs of eyes.

Unfortunately, I had to go to the canteen for a bottle of water and he happened to spot me walking towards the exit after getting said product. Looking over, I saw Minseok shake his head and return to a conversation with one of the soccer players while Luhan merrily jumped off the table top and strode over to me. I was scowling before he even got to me.

“Ah, princess, you didn’t murder our prince and dump him into the Han River, did you?” he asked sweetly.

I gave him a wry smile. “Careful. You might be next.”

He let out a bark of laughter and put his arm around my shoulders. “Now, now, let’s not get mouthy,” he murmured.

“Right.” I wriggled away from him, almost out of his reach when he snatched the water bottle from my grip. “Give it back,” I demanded, reaching for it as he held it out of my reach above his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter