54장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was a lot calmer at school the next day. Tao asked him at some point if he had found out what was going on and Jongin shrugged and repeated the same thing Sehun had told me about the family in Busan. All the while, I remained silent with my knowledge and went to my classes as usual.

It was after lunchtime when Sehun started sending me texts and almost causing me to get detention because I had forgotten to put my phone on silent.

Does your grandma always hit you if you decline food?

I’m so full...

I stifled my snicker with my notebook, keeping my phone in my lap because I figured there would only be a small amount of time before he messaged me again. Right as the history teacher turned to write something else on the board, the device buzzed.

Are you ever going to answer me back?

Just for my own amusement, I didn’t answer him back and put the device away before I got in trouble. When I got it back out after classes there weren’t anymore texts and I wondered if I had offended him before loud noises interrupted my thoughts.

“We are Siamese if you please,” sang Baekhyun and Luhan, surrounding Jongin and Tao, who looked worried for their friends’ mental health.

I tore open my locker, preferring to get out of there before the mini musical went full throttle. Maybe I tore it open a little too harshly because the loud bang of metal against metal attracted Luhan’s attention and a good two seconds later, I was cornered.

“Are you sad your handsome devil isn’t here?” he asked with a mocking grin.

I ignored him, pulling things from my locker and placing them in my spare backpack that I was now using because Sehun had my other one. Luhan continued to speak out useless things which I had a bit of a challenge ignoring and was almost winning until I turned to walk off.

“You’re getting bold again, Fatty. Be careful. Sehun might not be too happy when he returns.” He had gone from playful to hateful during the thirty seconds of my ignoring him and I wasn’t going to linger to see him get worse. If I hadn’t been so distracted by just how nasty he sounded, I would’ve laughed at how strange it was that Sehun was in contact with me rather than his lovely friends and my sudden boldness had most likely come from having the power to put Sehun out on the street and spill the beans to everyone (and Jongin who he had lied to) about that rainy night and how desperate he was if I really desired to, therefore leaving him with no choice but to comply with my commands, though there was very little of them. In a way, I was calling the shots for once. It was kind of ironic.

Using that against him to put a stop to my bullying was a thought that crossed my mind. But I wasn’t sure how far my recently found power could go. I was sure he would find a way to reflect it back on and cause me more pain that success. After all, I was only a retired fat .

We’ve moved from the kitchen to watching her favorite dramas. Five minutes in and I’m scared for my life.

She’s telling me to pay attention to Mr. Hunk. I’m guessing he’s the main male character?

Boarding the bus, I read through my text messages. He was really beginning to spam me. Feeling a bitter after the encounter with Luhan, I didn’t bother to reply and only pocketed my phone. By the time I had reached home, there was a whole slew of new messages.

Suddenly, I miss your Henry poster.

She’s yelling at Mr. Hunk. I’m scared.

She keeps telling me to learn a lesson from this guy! What do I do? He’s just a big jerk that needs to grow up and stop listening to his mommy.

I raised a brow, thinking of replying with a straight up exactly but then he messaged again.

Don’t reply to that one.

I think I may eaten too much of that chocolate cake.

I snorted, heading to my room after speaking with my mom for a moment. I told her I was going to change and head to Grandma’s for dinner. She got a bit agitated, saying I was spending too much time with the crazy old woman to which I promptly replied that she shouldn’t have married my dad if she didn’t like her.

Sehun had already sent another text by the time I got to my room.

Did you know she is dogsitting the neighbors’ puppy while they’re out for dinner?

It’s been here all of five minutes and I fear I might not have toes by the end of the night.

Help.

It hurts~~~~~

Tossing my phone onto the bed, I changed into a pair of jeans and pulling on the nearest t-shirt. I thought for a moment before picking up my phone.

Your grandma is a brave woman. She just walked to the kitchen in her slippers with that demon running around.

Update: she is still alive and safely back on the couch.

However, I may need steel-toed boots for next time I want to get off the couch.

Shaking my head, I hesitated while typing, unsure of how to ask him a question without making it sound like I was concerned. In the end, I decided that anyway I typed it, it sounded like that, and I pressed send before I could retype it again. Do you have any more clothes besides the ones I gave you? I didn’t think putting do I need to bring anything? would been taken in the context I needed.

It was only a short moment before he replied. No.

Just as I started to put my phone in my back pocket, it buzzed again.

Are you coming back here?

After a moment of deciding, I replied. Yes.

Instead of being amused by his next message, I simply rolled my eyes and stuffed my phone into my pocket before going to my dresser and grabbing the old clothes of my dad’s to take him.

I told your grandma I would leave by Tuesday but until then, could you bring me some zebra print leggings and one of your sister’s pink tube tops? :D

She has those, right?

Did she ever find those pink sweatpants that I almost lost my life over?

Not only had that chocolate cake made him hyper but dramatic was another thing he was. I expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter