36장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Obviously, giving away my warm and fluffy scarf had been an absolutely impulsive thing to do. I had put no thought to it whatsoever and I found myself regretting it as soon as break came and I knew I needed to get my other books. From my locker. Where Sehun’s locker was. I almost picked my desk up and threw it across the room in sheer anger and anxiety. What if I had made a big mistake and he cornered me when I went to get lunch and get my books afterwards?

I was going to die. I just knew it.

Surprisingly, quite the opposite happened. No one was around when I went to my locker and I considered checking Sehun’s locker to see if he had taken it from the shelf where I had neatly folded it, but decided against it and quickly went to eat my lunch in the locker room. It was too cold outside and I wasn’t about to go to the canteen for obvious reasons. Besides, it was much more peaceful alone in the locker room where I could openly play music on my phone and eat my food without being watched. People always watched each other in the canteen like it was some kind of petting zoo or something.

Leaving my last class, I started out of the back door, the one near my locker, and thought once again about checking his locker, but told myself no. If he took it, he took it. If not, then get a cold, Mr.Stubborn.

However, stepping out into the cold weather, I made it only three paces before coming to an abrupt stop. Only a few feet ahead of me, were Tao and Sehun, backs facing me as they walked. Tao was smart, all bundled in a big puffer jacket. Sehun was wearing the scarf.

I slowly started forward.

“Wait—” Tao started to hastily dig through his bag. “I think I left my phone.”

The moment I realized he was turning around, I immediately turned back to the door, about to run back inside, but I only slammed right into the heavy metal, knocking my nose against it. I stumbled back, grasping at my face as Tao ran up to the door.

“Is it locked?” he asked, placing his hands on the small window. Behind him, Sehun slowly made his way over, scowling and hands tucked into his pockets. He hunched over to try and protect himself from the cold.

Still holding my nose, I nodded. “Yea—Ah!” A sharp pain shot through my hand and my nose as the door swung open and slapped me right in the face, sending me stumbling again, almost falling on my .

Tao laughed brightly, opening his arms to new comer. “Whoa! Do Kyungsoo, sir, D.O, man, I love you, bro!” he shouted, hugging the person who had stepped out before running in through the open door. “Thank you!” Tao’s voice carried from inside the open door.

I looked up, massaging my pained and cold nose. Do Kyungsoo, some VIP in the music club, confusedly looked around at me and then at Sehun before releasing the door and trudging away. Too late did I reach for the door so I could run from the person still coming my way. It slammed shut and was once again locked from the inside. I scowled before reaching back up to my nose to make sure it wasn’t bleeding.

Sehun stood by, watching the door and shifting his feet around to get warm. I timidly glanced at him, wondering if I could make it around him and live. I doubted my chances.

“What? Waiting to get compensation?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow. “Don’t kid yourself. Tao isn’t family friends with any plastic surgeons to fix that nose.”

I dropped my hands, seeing no blood, and narrowed my eyes at him. I almost told him to act nice because I was actually nice enough to give him something, but I decided that was the worst thing to do.

“Don’t worry. I’m not one to judge on looks or use my own looks to get by in life,” I sneered.

He smirked. “Good. ’Cause it wouldn’t work,” he replied, his breath turning white in the cold air.

Frowning, I looked away. Now I kind of wished he knew whose scarf he was wearing. Would he be friendlier? Considering he wasn't even nice to his own friends, I highly doubted that he would be friendly towards me over a scarf.

“You know. I always wonder how you have any friends,” I stated, staring at the door, expecting Tao any moment. I assumed they were about to go out for another celebratory dinner in honor of the jerk’s birthday. I shivered, recalling my invasion of his privacy when I read that letter earlier. “You’re such a jerk, it’s a wonder your family can even stand you.” I just couldn’t get over how heartfelt and sincere his mother’s words were. Or maybe just who they were directed at.

Saying my thoughts, I looked in his direction and almost went stumbling backwards. There was a reaction. My words actually elicited a reaction out of Oh Sehun. Albeit, not a good one. His jaw tightened and I feared his eyes were about to start emitting sparks and lead to a fire on my face.

I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter