13장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t come as a surprise that people were gossiping when I made it to class. And every class after another. Everyone wanted to know why Sehun was late, girls talked of how handsome his new style was, people even talked about how he made it to school. I made a face at my desk top. Does Oh Sehun go any other way than his fancy car? It wasn’t anything new that he drove an expensive car.

I hesitantly left my room for our last break; I needed to get my things from my locker but I was scared that I might run into Oh Sehun. He was being strange and it freaked me out. Oh Sehun had never ignored me, not even at the most important, attention-demanding moments. He always found time to bully me.

Still, I needed my books and a break from sitting at my desk because my was going numb. To no surprise, the goobs were all gathered around their lockers, Sehun leaning against his friends’ on the other side of the hall instead of his own where mine also was. I opened the door, expecting an insult to come my way or one of them to come over and bother me but nothing came as I placed my used books inside. I spotted my strawberry milk that I had completely forgotten about after seeing Oh Sehun.

Tao suddenly let out a loud squeal, scaring the daylights out of me. “I’m so excited for Friday,” he expressed. I glanced over my shoulder to see him scrolling through his phone, Sehun looking over his shoulder with disinterest. “You’re still coming, right?” Tao asked him, getting a curt nod in response.

“I’m more excited about seeing the cheerleaders perform at the pep rally on Wednesday,” Luhan said slyly, nudging Kai who was munching on a Hershey bar. Kim Jongin merely raised a brow and smacked his lips. Well somebody likes food more than ies.

I looked back to Sehun who was quietly conversing with Tao like I wasn’t even there. Had someone hit him in the head during the weekend? I turned back and grabbed my books and the spoiled strawberry milk before going to toss it and head to class. Even as I walked off, the only thing I got was a glance from Luhan who was still being ignored by Kai. I narrowed my eyes at him as I passed by. I just didn’t understand why they weren't causing chaos with me. It felt strange.

It felt nice.

By the time classes officially ended for the day, I felt victorious. It seemed I had accomplished what I wanted and needed to do: make Oh Sehun and his goons leave me alone. Besides the glares and glances I got from the latter, Oh Sehun hadn’t bothered me for longer than four hours. This was a new record. I made my way out of class, getting shoved by the occasional brat but I wasn’t bothered because my main problem had not been a problem that day.

Even so, I expected to run into them all upon exiting the school. I didn’t see them at the door but I didn’t let my guard down as I headed for the gate. I looked for Sehun’s car to speed by and that was when I noticed his car wasn’t actually there. I barely caught his new hairstyle before he disappeared into Luhan’s Aston Martin, seating himself in the passenger seat. I saw Tao hitch a ride with a fellow basketball player and Kai was gone yet again. That dude never stayed put, really.

I discreetly watched Luhan drive away with Sehun, really wondering if someone had switched them with some doppelgangers. And I continued to wonder that when I made it back to school the next morning. My footsteps slowed when I rounded th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter