09장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like a haven of flowers and bras and tampons and more flowers and thongs and yet more flowers. Or maybe that was fruit instead of flowers that I was smelling. I strained to keep my coughs to myself as I waded through the major girl smell in the locker room. It never smelled like this when we all changed for gym class; the cheerleaders had excessive girl smell.

I passed numerous bags and lockers, but I had yet to find Kim Taeyeon’s belongings where I then would find Taehyung’s scarf. I checked under school uniforms and purses that were thrown all around the room, stirring up the smell of flowers—or fruits. I almost shrieked when I mistakenly picked up a pink thong. Checking to make sure no one had notice my moment of pure terror, I continued to the other row of yellow lockers with the light-wooden bench stationed in the middle of the aisle.

I was digging through the cheerleader captain’s sister’s bag when I spotted Taeyeon’s grey LV backpack. Ah, there we go. I listened for anyone that might be about to barge in before I charged over to the backpack and tugged the zipper open. There it lay, the precious blue and gold knitted scarf made by Grandma Kim. I snatched it from the bag and stuffed it into my own before turning back to zip Taeyeon’s up. The zipper suddenly stuck halfway, though, so I tugged harshly, causing her makeup bag to fall out and spill on the floor. An involuntary shriek escaped my lips when a sealed package landed on the top of my Converse.

“Ew,” I whined, leaning down to pick up. I grabbed it and the rest of her makeup and stuffed them all back into the makeup bag and zipped the backpack successfully before retreating to the door. I made sure the scarf was in my bag before exiting the smelly locker room and inching into the hall, hoping no one had heard my shriek. I zipped up my bag as I walked, making sure no one could see what I had done. Like some kind of mass criminal over here, I crept down the hall slowly. I just should’ve been watching where I was going instead of looking at my feet like an imbecile.

“Now, we both know you are not on the cheerleading team and that classes are over,” that taunting voice said from merely feet in front of me. I stopped walking and looked up. There stood Oh Sehun, clad in his grey and red school uniform with the yellow accent, arms crossed and smirking at me.

Keep it cool, keep it cool. “I left my phone in there after gym class earlier,” I lied, still holding my place on the floor like I wanted it to swallow me whole, which I kind of did.

Sehun stepped forward. “Really?” he asked with an disbelieving tone. I nodded matter-of-factly, trying to keep my face from giving it away as he stepped closer to me. I, however, couldn’t move as I on my bottom lip trying to keep my curses to myself. “You’re a terrible liar, Choi Eunhui,” Sehun said, chuckling as he watched me with his burnt-toast-colored eyes. I began contemplating what to do then – run or just let him have the scarf back and tell Taehyung adios, but Sehun spoke again. “I don’t really care about the stupid scarf – that was Luhan hyung’s dealings – but I do care that you’re sticking your nose in places it doesn’t belong and I know very well that I told you to stop doing that.” He stepped even closer, now within arms’ reach.

I blinked, sticking my nose in the air. “My nose belongs in this school, Oh Sehun, so you can’t do much about that,” I told him. My eyes widened and I flinched when he moved closer to me. Don’t me, please. I breathed slowly through my nose, catching a whiff of his powerful boy smell. It wasn’t even cologne, it was just boy smell—Oh Sehun smell. Freshly cut lumber with the sweet smell of oranges and cherries. That last part could’ve been from the girl’s locker room still wafting around the hallway and clinging to me. No doubt, Oh Sehun was like a walking Febreze-scented wall outlet. Don’t judge me, it’s just that Sehun and I have ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter