Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"How many times do I have to repeat? Nothing happened!" In the middle of half filled cafe, body clad in work uniform, hands carrying dirty dishes to the bustling kitchen, legs busy roaming around to take orders or wish a 'thank you for your patronage' to the leaving customers and Key is pestering me everywhere I go. Outside, the sky seems cloudy. Ultimately not the best weather. Might be ushering rain in the evening. That would do good in this temperate summer.

"Yeah yeah~ After he greeted me topless? So believe in you." Key folds his hands and raise his eyebrow.

"He greeted you while topless?!"

"Damn right he did. Now spill the beans." He blinks in anticipation. I can't believe that idiot four legged, round pupils salamander. He must have a habit to sleep topless, typical of men, and when Key arrived to drop off Itzel earlier morning, with sleepy eyes he went to fetch her. And Key assumed that we just had . Because that frog had forgotten to put on a top. it. I can imagine that. Imagine what? That chocolate abs? Gulp.

"I don't know anything about that! Umma, really, nothing happened." I reply, sighing. Heading towards the receptionist, I notice a couple of customer enter. And Karam immediately goes to their service. Reaching for the tablecloth folded nicely on the top shelves, I grab the white coloured material. Then, replace the dirtied fabric of a table next to me with a clean one. I prepare a small square vase with two iris blossoms as a decoration and leave it on the middle.

"Aw come on. He accepted the I gave. Tha--"

"You gave what?!!" I shift my gaze to Key in haste.

"Baby, safety's first. Ain't Umma nice?" Key giggles in a manner of satisfactory. I should him now. Instead I sigh. Again.

"I really love you Umma." I say, a forlorn smile decorates my lips.

"I know. So, this Minh--"

"Frog." I correct him.

"Whatever cute pet that you want to regard him as, darling, Umma need to know about this lucky... goldfish." Key clasp his hands in excitement. "I'm Key Umma after all, rite~?" He adds. Work. Great. I'm in . What should I reply?!

"Um. He has an agency." I say, trying to sound casual. And Key made a small 'oh' as a compliment for Minho. Come to think of it, he's kinda amazing. "That deals with papers." But dirty. I can't actually tell Key about that frog's loan shark identity. Wouldn't want him to worry about me. Plus, I don't want to see him serving Minho's balls on silver platter using his halloween spatula when he knows about my debt and its interests. Worst nightmare is, it might be my balls. Key seems stuck at how to react with my comment. "He drives a Porsche." I add. Hm? Is it just me or I really sounded proud?

"Fancy~" Key claps his hands in a small gesture. "His age?" He taps another question. How am I supposed to know?! I don't even know his family name! Come to think of it, I wonder what's his family name? And his age, his height, weight, his birthday, education grade, who he's living with, where and what the hell Taem you suddenly realize that you want to know all this information regarding the last person you want to see now. And for what? For Key, for Key. Make a mental note to ask that frog later. No no no no. Not making it obvious that I'm going to meet him later. Don't jinx on it for godsakes!

"Um. He.. Uh.."

"What's this? I smell nervousness." Key squint his eyes. As expected, keen as usual.

"Forget his age. You remember Niel?" I attempt to track him off.

"That cute guy? Of course I do~" He quickly draws away. I breathe out gladly.

"Well, Niel's his little brother." Now that Niel pops out, previous scene plays out in my mind again. I hope they have made up already. It's not good to fight for long. It's considered a sin if your fight extends more than three days. Now that wouldn't be good, right?

"Oh my what nice genes they carry~! Great news!" Key giggles a litle more. He looks so adorable. I almost forgive him for mouthing about the frog to Sungjong. Gosh, he's as curious as Key is. I feel like a celebrity. My gossip stretches far from my home to Niel, Key, Sungjong, Karam and anytime now the word is going to spread to Joon-Hyung. Continue to spread across this Cafe. Any minute later Jaejoong-Hyung and Mika-Hyung's going to ring my cellphone. Or worse, Key's cellphone. For proof, now. And Key immediately answers the vibrating object.

"Mika? Omona! Have you heard about Taem baby?" And he trails off to chains of conversation. His smile never leaves his lips. I sigh at the sight. Well, at least Key's happy. that's enough blessing for me. I'm really glad. Thank you god.

**********

Stacks of books stash upon the office desk. A mug of tea rests just next to it and stationery items, papers, files scattered messily across the desk. One blue pen stays in my grasp as I scribble signatures for confirmations of order documents. I stop my actions, hands cease writing and relax my back on the cream coloured boss chair. Work as a manager is definitely tiring. Needs dedication but I'm not that hard-working either. Plus I can't observe Taemin working from my office...

Ring!!

Goes the telephone. Causing me to gasp out shallowly. I accept the call and glue it to my right ear. "A Place Called Here Cafe Manager Joon speaking."

"Afternoon. I want to make a reservation for three tonight." A voice sound out from the other end of line. I blink at it's hoarseness.

"I'm sorry sir. We don't take reservation in small number. If it is for a party purpose, then we--"

"Just briefly mentioning dinner. I actually called to ask for permission." The other person pauses. I stay silent for his request. "Let your youngest employee leave his shift early today. Possibly in a few more minutes."

"What? Excuse me, under what reason?" I ask, brows furrow. What possible matter he have to deal with 'my' sweet Taemin?

"Let's just say personal contact issue. Well then goodbye." And he hangs up just like that. tard. Who the hell was that? Sighing, I return the phone at its original station. Bringing a hand to my face, I back my brown hair.

"Taemin.." I love you. 

Oh cheek, why are you heating up? It's not like Taemin is standing before you to hear your late confession. A little honesty can't hurt, right? But why can't I make it? Only step forward and just speak out the 3 magical words; 'I love you'? God knows how I struggle in the quicksand of my wishy-washy heart. 

Hard to breathe. Hard to see. Hard to concentrate. Hard to confess. Hard to be honest. Everything is just so hard when it comes to you, Taemin. Eventhough it's just a simple matter of love. Yes. Simple. I'm just an innocent boy in love. Neither forced. Nor uncertain. It's just a mutual feeling that crashed upon me like a wave. Slow yet vibrant. I wanted to know what it feels like approaching him. Wanted to hear that soft, serenading voice. While my eyes falls on the two doe-like orbs of his. His porcelain-like, fair skin and that enchanting gallant of his beauty. His silky strands of golden hair that dances with every movement he motions. Yes. His graceful movements. There are only three things that ever driven me crazy. One, champagne. Two, strawberry. And three, banana creme. Combine them all, you get Lee Taemin. Not easily obtained, yet potrays a vulnerable chaste spirit and possesses elegance of a goddess. I could stare all day long at his graceful actions. 



Man, these pants are getting a bit tight... Carelessly founding my palm groping, rubbing on the aching tent of my pants. A feeling of uphoria, happy drowsiness, and actual endorphins being released, which can easily be compared to feelings of lust. And there's no denying that it comprised of love. It comes together.

"Ha...Taemin.." I bite my lower lip as my eyelashes flutters down at the arsenic thoughts sinfully pouring out like a waterfall in my sensual mind. My hands still working slowly on the hidden tightness. Oh god, being crazy is not enough? He's drilling out my wits.

Knock. Knock.

"Hyung?" A head pops out of the side of the door. That belongs to the star of my movie previously and privately played out in my mind. My eyes snap open, almost jump from surprise and my heart leapt in frantic.

"T-t-taemin! Yes. What ir it is-- it is" I shook my head profusely. "What is it?" Enunciating every word. He blinks cutely before pushing himself inside. The papers in his hands don't go unnoticed. "Oh. Uh do I need to check that?" I ask, trying to usher a genuine smile.

"Yes. Please do." He walks towards my desk and attempts to place the papers. But cease. I look at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, confused. He replies my eyes. And I try to avoid eye-contact.

"Jeez Hyung. Arrange your things. It's messy!" He rounds the desk and stand next to me, the crook of his neck inches away of my face when he bends a little to stack things cleanly. I groan roughly at the fear of his discovery of my little friend that needs attention down there. Occasionally clearing my throat after peeking a smell of his fragrant body. "Ah." Taemin let out a sound as a small notebook falls onto the cold tile flooring when he tried to lift many books at once. It rests just next to me foot. In response, I immediately stand up. Awkwardly picking up the book before he could and place it on the desk. Don't act suspicious Joon. Don't you dare.

"Here." He smiles and put down the papers on the cleared desk. A stab of reminder struck my mind.

"Taemin." I pronounce his name softly.

"Hm??" His voice sounded libidinous to my ears.

"There was a.... A call." Damn. Don't move. It's enticing.

"For me?" the angel tilts his head. Holy. His gaze.

"Yeah. For you... Your friend. He said.." I gulp, pausing to find room for breathing. Gosh, I'm getting a bit too excited down there. is another word. "He said you're leave shift early. Today." My voice tones out shallow and slow. Taemin puts his forefinger to his lips, as if trying to solve out who was his friend. Ah.. his full lips. This is just so wrong.

*********

Why is it that the air seems, how should I say, uncozy. There's this something lurking beneath it and it seems obvious, but at the same time difficult for me to discern. Who was it that called? My friend? Did I promise anyone for appointments or something? No I don't think so. And why do I see Joon-Hyung somehow swaying everytime I wince? His eyes directly fix on my eyes - No - My face. It's somehow disturbing. And uncomfortable not to mention. I tuck my hair behind my left ear. Definitely didn't miss the sighing sound Joon-hyung made. "If it's of importance, may I do so?" I voice out to confirm whether I'll see home soon or not.

Honk.

I face the window next to me as soon as the brief sound of car honking is heard. The figure in front of me didn't seems to hold interest in it though. Searching for the source of the honking, I spot a very familiar car. And its familiar owner standing next to his car's door, furrowing brows as usual and looking at my direction. Haish. Salamander Minho. You...

"No." Joon-hyung says casually.

"Huh?" I wheel out a reply. He is impulsive. My mind yelp, my body froze, eyes grow wide at the lips that crashes upon mine. Straddling for a chance of domination. A strong whizzle of storm hits my mind. Goddammit Joon-hyung just stole a kiss against my will?! And I struggle of the hands that secure both sides of my shoulder blades. He did a few turns of his head and I couldn't help toss mine either, almost melting into the warm and soft fluffiness. Murmuring a concealed 'mmph' into the wicked kiss, I pound his chest and that did no good for me. Eventually, my palm found itself slapping Joon-hyung's right cheek. And I retreat at the second. Catching our breath, both of us are stunned by the performance that happened out of one's sanity. 

I, on the other hand, felt somehow afraid. I felt more weak, feeble, frail, vulnerable, heavy-headed and the crystal drops at the corner of my watery eyes threaten to spill. I turn. And ran.

**********

Jaw drops. The man opposite of Taemin reaches out his hand to the retreating figure. I have no reason to feel mad. To get pissed off over something so triffle. That got absolutely nothing to do with me. My quick heartbeat doesn't indicate so though. How did I calm myself earlier? When I found out about Itzel's real identity. That she is Taemin's precious child. It was supposed to be more shocking. But why do I find this display more shocking than anything I ever observe? More surprised than ever to find the chick stepping out the cafe, heading towards me, fast walking while his hair brushes against the wild blow of wind. He slammed his crying face onto my chest, hands clutching my cloth on each side of my waist. I feel a frown wear off me. That washes away every hard feelings except startle and glad(?). A moment of silence pass by. Okay, never expected this. Especially out of him. Ah...why do I feel like floating? Soon, I found myself awkwardly hugging his slim figure and patting his back. "Wha--"

"Just so you know. I don't plan to worry Umma. And I don't want anyone to be murdered. So.." He pauses to sniff. That somehow brought a grin to my lips. "You're my only place to weasel. Now shut up." He adds. I let out a small giggle to his adorable actions. He pounds my chest lightly in reply. Gosh what's this funny feeling whoozing up and conjuring at some parts of my heart? It feels so gooey. Not that it is not to my liking. Cheesy, cheesy.

"How long are we going to stay like this?" I say, trying to cover up my laughter. The chick pushes my chest away and sniff once more, face flushed and eyes red. A pout decorates his lips.

koperyosahuiahiashdiasfijasrjpajosafjsdogjdodododo. Nope. He's not cute.

Taemin expressed that he didn't felt like resuming his work and allow me to take him away from the site(not that I'll not drag him if he rebelled). Said that he'd text his umma that he left his shift early today for a pet needed his companion. And Key presumed some pet named Garfield. Whose fat cat is that? Owh. Taemin's. A bolt of realization hits me. The 'pet' is me. Tch. Actually, I don't know why I came to fetch him. After discovering about the unexpected news out of Niel, I rushed here bringing Itzel with me, serious and all. And Taemin smile up to his ear after laying his eyes on the little girl but then scolded me because I drove a child without proper protection in the car. I promise I'll never do that again, momma. Processing back every information, shocking revelation of a father being a mother as well, I conclude that I'll put this case at the back of my head. I mean, he's happy. Niel's happy. I'm happy. Why bother? Glancing at my watch, the time shows 1:21pm.

"Hey I need to pick up someone. You are to accompany me." I blurt out as we step into my car.

"No way! Send me home!" Taemin complain.

"Remember whose chest you borrowed earlier?" He opens his mouth to argue. But decided to remain silent, a pout slowly finding its way back on his lips. "Good boy." I smile in a manner of satisfaction, driving away. Itzel's laughter stand as a music through out the journey.

**********

Hate. Detest. Loathe. Resent. Abhore. Longing. I felt every stinging feelings gushing my regretful heart. I know I took the wrong action. I don't know what being I am now anymore. I can't confess, which people would resort to when they admire someone. Instead I could and tried to attempt one step ahead with force. I fail. But Taemin, why do you crush my heart like this? Rejecting me directly. Refusing me so openly. You're such a bully. Are you aware of my observant eyes?

**********

"Why do I have to wear your clothing?" The chick protest. He kept his jeans on, but replaced his work uniform with my baby blue, V-line T-shirt. Which seems so oversized on his slim figure. Exposing his obvious collarbone and the shades of shadow under his fair neck seems so heavenly. "We could have returned to my home."

"You didn't change your clothing before meeting me. And you yourself didn't want to go get it back at the cafe. You're going to the airport with that waiter clothing? Nope. Not agreeing. And besides, my home was on the way to our destination." I reply, sitting slouched, cross-legged on a couch in my vast bedroom, a magazine rests on my lap. Taemin sigh. He glances around, taking in the scenery of my bedroom that probably is the size of his whole house.

"Rich bastard." Taemin sniggers. I chuckle at the comment. He walks to my vanity table and grabs the comb, brushing his hair whilst checking himself out in the mirror. Itzel sits on my bed, tossing my teddy that holds a ball and laughing cutely. I brush the magazine to the side and walk towards the baby girl, a grin slowly finding its way on my face. "Itzel~ I'm coming~" I say teasingly. Before I could touch her, Taemin suddenly plops onto the mattress, grabbing away Itzel.

"Don't play with that scary frog - owl - salamander - monkey - goldfish, I don't know anymore!" He says, then laugh audibly. This time I snigger. "Itzel wants to ride an aeroplane?" He asks. A fit of laughter I couldn't hold back hysterically flows out as Taemin produces a weird grunt in process of trying to lift Itzel with his skinny legs, immitating a flying object.

"That's not how you do it! Hahaha...I'll show Itzel a real aeroplane." I exclaim, laying down next to the chick and grabbing hold of the small child. He protests at first, but sit up to help anyway. "Wuu~ Aeroplane!" I voice out loud and proud at my success. Itzel childishly laugh, amusement plasters her face. Taemin smiles and occasionally grab hold of Itzel to make sure she doesn't fall.

Knock. Knock.

"Yes. Enter." I reply the pound on the door, sitting up like Taemin as well, Itzel giggles, tapping her hands onto the mattress excitedly in front of me. Yunho-hyung flung open the door and was about to say something immediately, but smiles softly instead.

"What's wrong, hyung?" I ask, lips curving up without command. My eyes fixes on Yunho-hyung but my hands were trying to catch the puny and free hands of Itzel. With Taemin tickling her and her laughter colours the mood.

"Nothing. It's just that.. I thought I saw a picture of a happy family. You both'd make a great parents." He comments. And I blush at the statement. Wae wae ae ae yo?! Now now, before you get excited Mino, remember who he's talking about. Taemin! Itzel IS his real daughter. And if I become her other parent, that means marriage between..."It's beautiful. But your Noona'd get angry by the time she arrives here. Look at the time." He adds. I glance at my watch and so much want to kiss his foot for reminding me. Rush to my car(with my family, of course. keke). Off we go!

Being on school holidays, the road are a bit jammed. But isn't really 'that' crowded. And I silently thank god it didn't. "Why did you came to the cafe, anyway?" Taemin asks as I drive through a tunnel. I reach to the car audio and click it open. A man's voice flows out.

"That was the letter sent by Kwanghee. Confessing his love towards beauty and promising earnestly to us all that he'd present the better him. Now that's something to be looking forward, is it? Well, the choice of today's lucky wish letter winner, Kwanghee has chosen the song to dedicate his love towards beauty, as a bit off track his mind works, here's A'Teens' Can't Help Falling In Love! You! Yes you y! I know you deserve this song! Best enjoy this beautiful piece with the person you really, really can't help fallin in L-O-V-E, love~ Good day and this was DJ Jo Kwon." The music blares out under a medium volume. I clear my throat once.

"Whatever it was, it relieved you off a jerk." I comment.

"Shush!" Taemin answers in alacrity. A brief laughter takes over. "I found it weird to see your face almost each day now." He cuddles Itzel by now, patting on her back as if putting her to sleep.

"Sick of it?" A thin string of happiness turns apparent in my visual.

"Absolutely." He replies with a delightful smile and a small giggle fit in between. I catch the sarcatism and the coherent oppose in its actual meaning he wanted to convey. Why is it so humorous to me? I can't stop grinning! Overwhelmingly quizzical. Shifting mute, we listen to the tune playing on the radio station.


"Take my hand (take my hand)
Take my whole life too (life too)
For I can't help falling in love with you

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I, I can't, I can't help Falling in love (falling in love) With you (with you)

Like a river flows (Oooh)
To the sea (Oooh)
So it goes
Some things are meant to be
Some things are meant to be"


Why is it that somehow, just this small, little, tiny part of me are extremely bothered with the clearly audible lyrics of this song? Nononono... No Mino. This is not your character! Brace yourself! Return!

"." Without thinking, I call out a curse word.

"-head, if Itzel was awake, I'd skin you alive." Taemin replies with a blank expression. I sigh in glad.

**********

Overshadowed by the gloomy sky, New York International Airlines stands proudly. Butterfly bushes forms a fence around the building with variety coloured flowers that sprout at the end of the stems. Its fragrance draws attention from humming birds, insects and of course, butterflies. There are travellers and visitors that come together and walk in or out the main entrance. Some climb down the stairs or most of them trying to catch a cab. Catching a cue of a parked car leaving its lot, I seize the chance of being the next owner of it. 

Stepping out, I stretch my stiff limbs after the 30 minutes drive. Finishing with a sigh, I check my appearance on the window glass of my car. And found it weird that Taemin haven't come out from the transportation. Annoyed, I flung open the door to his seat. "Well hello princess? You think I have all day to wait for you? What were yo--" I stop in mid of my sentence. Taemin's reaction to my greet was a melancholic, mopish expression. I blink in blunder. "Something wrong?" I ask, hiding my concerned tone.

"Oh. Um...nothing. Just....reminiscing someone without conscious." He steps out facing down. Itzel fast asleep on his chest and he kept his hands secure around the little angel. I close the door behind him. Shaking his head while messing his golden hair, he turns to me. "Come on, your 'pretty noona' doesn't have all day to wait." He flash a smile.

"Alright alright. Let's go. Need me to carry Itzel?"

"Nah. She'll wake up. You smell~" He replies jokingly.

"No I do not~ you sweet dumpling."

"Eww! Stop that!" He elbows my arm and chuckled lightly as we head towards the entrance sliding door. Itzel ends up in my arms anyway. And I lightly cuddle her when she groaned.Upon entering the centre, there were many people than what it seemed outside. Well, what do you expect from a holiday? As we walk towards the arrival hall, passing through the compact space between people, Taemin retreat behind me and my palms are sweating thinking that I'd lost him. I tried hard to restrain from glancing at my back. At Taemin. Yeah I know that chick is old enough to take care of himself. I didn't want to be such a possessive bastard, but maybe it's just my nature. Eventually, my hand rests on Taemin's shoulder, keeping him at bay. He look at me and I thought I saw a gleam of satisfied smile covering his lips.

"Tell me about this Noona." He starts a conversation as soon as we stop to wait at the meeting gate.

"She's my personal assistant. Went back to Korea. Got something to fix bout her family being in a mess or something." I answer, tucking my hands in my pocket.

"Hm.. So. You're in a relationship with this Noona?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. Absolutely not! Well, we are quite close and we do contact each other often and sometimes we'd go for meal together, but hey you do that with your mom too. So, rather than resorting to think that we're dating, its more like bonding with a family member. And she is definitely a sister-like figure to me.

"No. She's my Noona. I said so right?" I reply.

"Yeah, and you're a Noona killer." Sheesh, what's with that title? I giggle at the way it sounds. "Is she pretty?"

"Well for me she's decent. I see her everyday, so I'm used to her beauty if people would regard her so." I sound out my opinion. And do find it no weird to know that I see her everyday. She's my personal assistant after all. She's been a good help through our work too. But sometimes she's quite the lioness. "She's very nice." I add, scanning back her personality. "Caring and she treats everyone like her family. Maybe because her family history is one so miserable to mention. Her father and mother fell into a coma after an accident. She lost her brother. And she's looking for someone now. Last time I check, her private investigator called and claimed he found that person. Unfortunately, it was a mistake. That's why she went away."

"I see... Well.. nobody leads a perfect life right? I hope that person returns safely." He talks shallowly while caressing the cheek of the sleeping baby on my chest. "What's her name?" Taemin ask another question.

"She's - Oh. There she is." I exclaim before finishing, eyes directed at a familiar figure wheeling a bright red suitcase, walking briskly. Dressed in a simple brown and short satin dress with white leggings wrapping her slim legs. She had tied her hair into a bundle up high on her head with a ribbon tied as an accessory. I immediately reach for my phone. Ringing up to her and she accepts the call. "Noona, look here!" I wave rather spiritedly. I turn to Taemin, in attempt of introducing my P.A. "That's her. Bae--"

"..Dahae Noona...." He finishes the name, orbs growing wide, face turning white and streaked.

Glancing back at the other joining company, I found that she wears the same expression, phone slipping off her hands and her steps ceased.

"Taeminie... Is that you..?"