Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"Here's the coffees you ordered, sir." The kind waiter place the cups on our table which is situated right next to a fountain at the balcony of the cafe', exposed to the sun's rays.

"Thank you." Taemin offer a smile and the waiter bows before leaving the three of us. I could see him shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Itzel sitting on his lap and Niel eyeing me now and then. There is a pregnant silence, each waiting for someone to open up the conversation. I'm stunned. Really wasn't expecting to run into, what? A brother that left home for more than god knows how many years had it been. And found him here half apologetic, half grudging at our meeting. I relax my back, fold my hands and cross my legs. What do I say now?

"Hyung." Niel called out. And I almost jump with delight because I love him and I still and will always do. I miss him calling my name.

"YES?" Both Taemin and I answer him. Then, we both shoot each other a glare.

"It's for me." I say with confidence.

"What? Do you think you're his only 'Hyung'?" He bite back.

"Don't tell me, you're his 'Hyung? With that bratty face? Che." I snigger and roll my eyes.

"At least I don't look like a frog!" Taemin make a disgusted face at me.

"Frog is a prince in fairy tails, idiot." I stick my tongue out.

"Oh. You admit you're a frog now? And you still believe in fairy tails? Who's the brat now?" He stick his tongue out as well. What the hell? What sort of arguement is this? For some stupid matter too. We certainly can't stay friendly for long. He was so cute and cuddly for a second and now he's a . We both keep our eyes glued to each other, eyes slanting. Before I could continue to argue him further, Itzel present a very delightful, cute baby laugh while clapping her hands. Both of us instantly shift our focus on her. She's weird. Even weirder for me when Niel smack his hands on the table, eyes glinting with madness. What's wrong with him?

"Yo-I- We sho-" He sighs, eyes shut. Seems like he wants to explain something or perhaps propose something but it's stuck in his throat. "Just. Go home, please." He continues, eyeing me. And really. What's wrong with him? I put on my strict expression, showing that I'm completely annoyed.

"Got a problem?" I say and the atmosphere turns heavier leaving Taemin mute.

"YOU are the problem!" He replies coldly and stand up, smacking the table once again. I saw Taemin flinch and put a hand on Itzel's ear to prevent her from hearing it. That adds oil to the fire, young lad.

"I'M the problem? YOU ARE. Do you know why father is ill now? It's because of your crime!"

"My CRIME? Remember your place and crimes you make!" And at his remarks, I stand up as well. Grab hold of his collar that attracts the cafe's customers' attention.

"Niel." I inhale before continuing. "You're still welcome to return. I'm still a bit angry towards you. But, father would like it of you do. I hold your post temporarily. But I'm giving it back to you. It's in good shape and-"

"IT WILL ALWAYS DO IF IT'S UNDER YOU!" He push me away. "What is it that you can't do? Rot to death, that's it!" He breathe out. I try my best to keep calm. "And father wouldn't want me. Never wanted me!" He continues.

"Niel, what is the matter with you..?!" 

"NO! It's always yours and yours alone! YOUR MATTER!" Niel says with iron of madness before punching me on the cheek with strength I thought impossible for him to summon. People around gasp at Niel's action. I retreat my steps but unfortunately stumble on the fountain behind me and fall inside.

"Niel!" I hear Taemin calling out to the stupid little brother of mine that ran way from the scene. I quickly stand up to my feet, heart beating with hatred, attempting to chase after the damned boy. Until a pair of fair hands pull my arms from chasing him.

"Stop! Just leave him be!" Taemin looking worried. "You calm down too." He adds and I notice Itzel crying on her baby chair. I feel kinda bad. "We need to leave." Taemin glance here and there. Then he hurriedly slung his luggage on his shoulder and pick Itzel in his arm. With his other hand, he pulls me. "Let's go." And where to?

**********

I know. I know Niel ran away because he felt like crying. I saw the crystal clear tears on the corner of his eyes. But, my instinct told me to stay rooted than go after him. For what? Minho? No way. I noticed the staff were calling the manager out and I didn't want anymore troublesome scene to play out before me. So, I left the tabs on the table before pulling Minho back to my humble home. During the drive on his car(no other options), no converation were made. One, maybe because he didn't felt like it. Two, I'm kinda frightened. The silence almost drove me crazy especially after Itzel fell asleep. Now that he stops his car right in front of my gate, I sigh lightly.

"Hey. Um.. I have a change of clothes for you. Plus, I think you need a shower." As much as I hate his presence, a simple offer like this after the blow he received is necessary. Eventhough I couldn't make out what they were fighting about. He glance to me and I could see the bruise on his cheek turned blue a bit. "And you might need help for this." I his cheek a bit before leaving the car. Thank god that I did not shamed myself because he follows along.

"Shower's over there." I point to the only bathroom. "I'll leave your clothes in this room." And he directs his eyes to my room to where I dissapear from his sight. I have no choice. There's only four rooms in this house. One, living room and kitchen. Two, bathroom. The other two is mine and Itzel's. My baby's sleeping and if Minho strip there, wouldn't it be kinda scandalous?

I hear the sound of door shutting and shower running. Sorry with the cold water. Couldn't afford a heater. While Minho freshens up, I place the first aid kit on my bed and head towards Itzel's room. While she's sleeping soundly, I dig through the wardrobe and soon I found a blue shirt that I think might fit Minho. Seeing that his pants doesn't seem so drenched earlier, there's no need to supply him one. Oh yeah! Towel! I forgot to hand him a towel!

Knock. Knock.

"Yes?" A voice echoes from the inside.

"Um. I brought a towel." After few seconds pass, the door opens slightly and he stick out his head.

"Tanps.." Is what he says before shutting the door again. More like a whisper. Is there a vocabulary of 'tanps'? Oh. By the way. He looked hella y. With his medium-length hair wet. And the way water droplets dropped and flow down his neck down, down until it reach... NoNoNoNo Minnie. No way. What were you imagining?! Stop grinning!
**********

What's wrong with me? I should have said 'thank you'. A simple 'thank you'. Yet I couldn't. Stupid me. And here am I, tongue still a bit stoned. This sudden change of behaviour between me and Taemin(which I didn't even knew his name before) is confusing me! Countless of arguement and sarcatism, constant cursing words were normal between us before. 'Were'? But hey, look. He's helping me. Now, I'm actually protruding in his personal life and he actually has a connection with my personal acquaintance or specifically, my little brother. Yes! Idiot Niel. Damn it! It was wrong to think that everything is okay. That he'd come back if I ask him nicely. What? Couldn't I think? It's clear he stepped out of our family's live because of something major that he won't come back even if we ask him to. Let alone stranded him for the past years. He must be hurting. I'm actually quite glad to see him healthy and tall. Well, maybe too skinny for his age. What about Taemin? He's skinnier. And he's older too. Kids these days..haish. Wait. I'm not that old!

Realizing that I showered too long, I turn the tap off and finish freshening up. Eventhough the water were a bit chilly. I'm being understanding and considered his finance. Water heater doesn't come first in a checklist after all. I'm cool. All right with it. Really. After wiping my body dry with the towel provided, I let it hang on my neck while putting on my jeans. Thank god my bottoms didn't got drenched. Because I'd be so conscious of my iness if I'm not wearing anything under my pants. I know. I am y. Go on, put me in prison. I could kill. RAWR.

I exit the bathroom, my wet cloth hangs on my hand and just before I enter the room, I saw Taemin tucking in Itzel who's sleeping in her crib. Slightly bending down, kissing her forehead lightly, caressing her cheek and tapping her stomach lightly as if putting her to sleep, his eyes looking satisfied and mouth curve up a warm smile. And somehow, I could feel that he radiate a motherly/fatherly aura. It somehow put me to ease. When he straighten up and turn around, I quickly scramble towards the room he pointed earlier. The last thing I want is to have him know of my sick habit. Stalking. Tell me why am I stalking him again!?

"Ah. You're done?" I glance at the door and found him blushing. I look down and I notice that I haven't put on my top. And I feel a bit embarassed. I don't even know why? I mean, we're both men and we're enemies and friends(at some time only). Besides, I've grind this hot chunk of chocolate on your whip cream lots of times. How come now you're shying around? While you're only looking at it? Talk about your whip cream, I wonder if your skin is as soft as I imagine? Like how when you put on clothing, it just slide smoothly on that fair-

"Ehem. You can use that shirt." He points at a blue shirt on the bed. "Hey, by the way." Oh my god. He's going to ask about that. "What did you said earlier? I couldn't make it out clearly." Great.

"Uh nothing. No need to take it personal. No importance. Extremely unneeded." Hell. Did that slip out of my mouth? Taemin tilt his head a bit, confused.

"Whatever." He dish away the topic. Is that fortunate? As I button up the shirt, he approach me. Well, at first I thought he 'approach me'. But he brush past me and sit on the bed, lifting the first aid kit that had been there all the time and put it on his lap. "Come here." Taemin orders me. I don't know why, I still have some rebellion against him.

"Don't wanna." I answer. And I get a blank expression that I know I wouldn't able to fight off. So, I obediently sit down, next to him and blink for more than necessary that I almost thought it's a black out. 

"Good boy." He praise absent-mindedly and starts to tuck my hair behind my ear, clearing it away from the bruise on my cheek situated just under my right eye. I gulp my saliva to prevent from smiling at his touch. Taemin open the kit and take out a bottle that I presume is an ointment.

"This might hurt a little." He warns. And I thought he'd do it soft and subtly! I flinch back after he press his fore finger on my bruise.

"Hey, can't you be more loving..?!"

"Aish. Stop complaining. And stop moving." He pouts. Then, he slightly, unconsciously, leave his mouth slightly open, eyes focusing on what he is working on.

'a][sdfpsdvsd[vkp[fgj[pue[qoejfsohuiHNDIZXCIjojojafhfa\03r0j293nsnc. Nope. He's not cute.

"There. Done. Do you want to cover it up?" He smile, eyes seems so tiny in close proximity.

"N-nah." So, why are stuttering Choi Minho? After he store the ointment back in the kit and stand up abruptly, just when he's about to take a step forward, I grab his wrist. Oh. My. God. Why the ing hell I did that? Taemin turn around, his long hair dance along his shoulder. Did I mention I like his long hair? It fits him perfectly. Even prettier when he ties it into a ponytail. You know, it's rare to find a pretty boy with long hair and lithe body that when you observe him from behind, the first thing pop in your mind is to fondle his because you thought he's is actually a 'she' and you earn a slap, or a smack with first aid kit on your head hard enough to make a baby cry. And that happens to me.

"Psycho." Taemin stick his tongue to me before leaving the room, fetching Itzel next door. I feel like a real psycho. I don't even know what driven me to perform my stupid actions. I sigh and let my weight overcome me, eventually laying on my back and climbing on the bed. I roll on my chest, being comfortable.

Sniff. Sniff.

Hm? It smells nice. So nice and serene. Soft essence of Jasmine blossoms and relaxing, sweet smell of a baby's oil. I close my eyes and sigh contentedly. So, Taemin smell like this? I like it. Well, I've smelt him before. And I really did took a liking to it way before.

**********

Yup. He's a psycho. A real one. First, he blurt out a weird vocabulary. Then, he grab my . The second I leave my eyes off him, he's sniffing on my bed. With Itzel crying in my arms and phone vibrating in my pocket, I wait for him to notice me. And when he rolls on his back, eyes wide at my presence, he stand up quickly.

"UhUmHehe..I-"

"Take care of baby for a while, can you?" I cut his stutters and hand the wailing little one to him. "And don't eat her." I add, eyes slanting towards him. And he chuckle before completely focus on Itzel. As much as I detest him, the sight of him and Itzel is just so perfect to ruin. It seems like she took a real liking to Minho. I don't even know if I should be glad or not. As I walk out the space, towards the living room, steps away from the window next to my couch, I take out my phone out of my pocket that had been playing Fergie's Glamorous and displaying the name 'KEYty'.

"Hello, honey~!" Key's voice run through my ears. "Free tonight?" He asks.

"Um. Let me think. Aw~ Too bad. I'm lazing tonight. So sorry." A loud chuckle can be hear from him and I have to get my ear away from the phone a bit to prevent from actually being deaf. Well, it's Key. It's normal. I guess that's how a Diva is.

"Whatever, honey. I book you tonight!"

"Huh? Book? What? Am I a rental video now? Or perhaps a Manga?" Speaking of Manga, I haven't finish the one I bought last week. Nakamura Shungiku's Junjou Romantica. It's gay. You should read it up sometimes.

"No~ I mean I already made some arrangements for you." At this point, I hear footsteps approaching me from behind. Just before I could turn around, a pair of hands snake on me and wrap on my waist. "Don't worry, baby. You won't go through it alone." Key continue. I face Minho who seems so cheerful and chirpy, not affected at the weird affection he display. I guess he left Itzel to play with her toys since her giggles echoes from her room. And why the hell is he pressing his body on me?

"Hyu-Umma, what was it?" I clear my throat as my body sways left to right, following Minho's. I use my free other hand and tug his wrist. Alas, it's to no avail.

"I said, you, with me, Mika and Jaejoong-Hyung." Key explain again. Minho kiss my shoulder, layered with my cloth and close his eyes. The way he acts seems so dangerously natural. As if we had a relationship. THAT relationship. Yuck!

"You smell so good. Like you always do." Minho comments. Oh yeah.

"Tae baby, who was that?" Urgh. And Key had to have cat ears!

"No! Nobody! Absolutely no one! Alone!" I exclaim, pushing Minho's head away while his hands still stick on me. "What is it with tonight, you, me, Mika-Hyung and even Jaejoong-Hyung?" I put out a question in hope he would not dwell about Minho anymore. And he does not. Thank god. Key giggles a bit.

"Oh, you remember the hunks that wore suits last time they had lunch at 'Here'?" 'Here' is the place I work at. And I don't even remember whick hunks he's talking about. "Guess what?" He pauses dramatically. "We're going for a group blind date!"

"DATE?!" I almost shout. At the corner of my eye, I see two bulging frog eyes obviously against Key's idea. And how the hell do I reject the Diva? Tell me.