Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

It wasn't surprising that my work took almost two days. I had always, always thought all my work were too much. But no matter what I complained, nobody seemed to take note.

Or maybe it's been heaping since... I've never done it.

As soon as I signed the last document and put down the pen, Nigel came in as if on cue, with Itzel in his arms. They arrived at last. She grinned happily, a small horse toy in her hands. Nigel was bearing a cup of coffee and he settled the cup on the table after I cleared up all the papers to make room. Slumping, I sigh with gladness that my work is no more and stretched out my arms to welcome Itzel. But Nigel held her protectively.

"No, Sire, learn to take turns." He commented defensively before walking out the office. My jaw hanged open at his bashful behaviour.

"Well is it my fault that Itzel was absent from the house for two days?" I smouldered.

"Partly, yeah." A familiar voice greeted me from across the room. I glance up to find Taemin peeking into the office with a small smile on his plump lips. I sniggered.

"He should know how to respect me, I'm the one who was tortured with all the paperworks!" I argued. Childish, I know, but I just can't help it. I'm tired. Taemin giggled lightly at me as he walked in, the evening sun streaming through the long windows casted on him made him look like a glowing angel.

"It's your work so don't throw a fit if it's not done because you know, the criminal is you." The chick stopped his steps before the table, picking up the coffee cup and sipped the lukewarm liquid to his pleasure. Annoyed, I turn around using my leather swiveling boss chair, giving its majestic back to Taemin.

"I'm sulking." I announced. A genuine amused laughter left the chick's lips, his gentle voice reminded me how I tried to remember his voice last night when he was not here with me.

"So kiddish." He teased.

"Leave me alone 'en." I pouted. He laughed again before I hear his footsteps making way around the table to face me, the cup still in his hands.

"You sure?" He raised an eyebrow, a skeptical look tossed to me. I contemplated, biting my lower lip and averting my gaze from him. "I take that as a 'no'." Taemin mused.

I was about to argue again but halted when the chick crawled into my lap like an obedient kitten, managing to brush his bottom ever so softly against my crotch. Automatically, I circled my arms around his waist, finding a strange sense of excitement at how we fit like puzzle. Taemin shifted his weight when he wrapped his arms gently around my neck, his breathing tickling my ear and his bottom openly pressing on my growing . I nuzzled on his shoulder as I close my eyes and inhaled deeply. God, he smells so nice.

"Oh great.." I muttered.

"Thirsty?" He asked, with that low, seductive voice that sent arousal through my spine. He pulled back, and I watch him take a generous sip from the cup of coffee. Suavely, he feed me through a kiss and I eagerly for more, eyes shut in pleasure of having him in my arms and was allowed to explore his sweet, warm mouth.

"Mmm," I murmured against his lips as I rub my thumbs on his s through his shirt and he responded with a soft, shy moan. My hand travels downwards to cup his bottom and to my dissapointment, he pulled away from my mouth, sighing with delight as he retrieved the oxygen he lacked. Almost breathless, he smiled beautifully, eyes vibrant and lips glossy.

"I'm home."

***********

A few days later.

As the clock situated on my bedside table struck 6 in the morning, I open my eyes to the weak light of dawn pouring in through the white flowery curtains. The loud chirping of birds that grew distant assured me they flew away, in search for breakfast. I sat up, the sleepiness still drowning me. But, before long, I was already alert of what's coming on today as I suddenly remember Jonghyun's face.

I stand up from my bed, immediately walking towards my phone charging on the top of the TV drawer. I pressed down on my contact and dialled.

"Mr. Minho? This is Kevin. It is the promised day. I would like to get everything done as soon as possible so please, leave your address to me."

**********

It's certainly wasn't easy to stop crying the night I confessed to Dahae-noona about my feelings to Minho. Along the way, I had thought it was wrong mostly because as what noona said, I never expected my feelings would turn this way. But you can't control emotions. You can't love someone if you tell yourself to love nor can you stop loving someone if you keep telling yourself it's not what you want in the first place.

I tried hard. When I returned, I asked Nigel where was the frog and as soon as I was informed that he was still working in his office that late evening, my heart reveled in aches; ached to see him. But, I still tried hard. I acted normal in front of him so he wouldn't find out. I dread the day my feelings are out, for now, so much.

But when he told me to leave him alone and I asked whether he was sure or not, and seeing him weighing his decision, gave me courage. I was afraid he'd decline, so I went ahead and claimed his lap, grateful that he didn't push me away.

But I'm still scared.

Relationships come in many types. And I wanted only one; love, altho I know that putting all hope on one makes everything more harder for myself. I'd have to prepare with preseverance. Nothing comes without a cost, especially something worthy.

Now, I saw what Minho's worth of.

So when we kissed, I let down my guard, I broke down my walls and undone my barriers.

Even at the moment, the sight of him walking into the room gave me a fright and happiness altogether.

"Taemin, it's tomorrow." He said, face solemn and dark.

"What is?" He looked down once, his dry lips and told me.

"Jonghyun's surgery. Kevin contacted me earlier and said.. he's coming." I almost gasped but didn't. Nothing, nothing anymore. So don't fuss about it. Let your mind breathe, Taemin.

"Okay." I muttered and Minho gaze at me with his big eyes, brows creased. Then he sighed and stepped forward to embrace me.

"It'll be alright." He persuaded. "Trust me." I'd cry, but held in.

I do, I do trust you Minho.

**********

It's not all the time, but now I am suspicious of Kevin. I knew he was up to something these days and he kept avoiding me and all the questions that led to reveal his secrets.

Maybe, he did it for my good. Usually, he'd assume so but I was fine like this. I'm bored with the darkness and fed up with the same treatment repeating over and over again but if it'd cost a lot for him to provide anything more for me, I'm willing to stay like this, until death comes to to my front door.

This particular morning, I heard more buzz than usual. More men around the house, more soft chatters among the people but Kevin was not present. Only after a few hours later, he showed up, footsteps heavy and voice stern.

"Come with me Jonghyun."

"Where are we going?" There was no answer, instead, someone pulled my hand, heading outside. Some part of me nagged to put up a brawl, to refuse, but I complied to him nonetheless.

It was tolerable at first but when he kept talking with someone over the phone in the car, I was curious. Curious to where we're heading, curious to who he's talking to and the merchandise he kept going on about.

"Kevin, where are we?"

"We'll arrive soon."

"That's not what I want to hear, where are we?" Kevin didn't answer and kept quiet. "And what's going on?"

"We're going for a check up. That's all." He lied. Kevin's a terrible liar.

"If we were, I'd know about it."

"You know now. What else matter?"

"Kevin stop  fooling around with me. Where are we going?" I asked, voice growing with annoyance.

"To a hospital! I told you we're going for a check up!"

"I know I'm blind. But I'm not stupid. At least not yet." I answered. The silence informed me that he contemplated. I wish he'd share what he knows with me, but even now, I guess he just couldn't.

"We're going to the hospital, that, I'm not lying." Kevin said, with a hint of sadness in his tone. To my dismay, I'd probably never find out what for.

"Why are you not telling me? Why is it everytime I hear you answer me, you'd sound so depressed?"

"I am not. I just.." Kevin faltered. "I just.. don't want to lose hope." After his words, I didn't continue to argue. The ride to hospital, as he told me, was silent. No one spoke, nobody wants to speak. Nor me, neither him.

Kevin is a complex person and I sometimes don't understand him. A part of me nagged, I need to drill more for truth. He has never been really honest to me, no matter how much I prayed. It angers me to think that something that's happening involves me, yet I know nothing of the basis nor what's developing.

And from the nature of my mind that tends to assume scenarios, my heart throb with curiousity. Fine, I take it that we're heading to a hospital. But what for? Why today?

When the car stopped driving, or parked, since the engine is still going on, I grew more confused.

"Kevin, is this the hospital?" He didn't answer me. "Kevin!"

"Yes." He muttered lowly. From his hesitant answer, I knew immediately.

"It's not."

"Wha---why can't you believe me?!"

"Because I know! You're a teribble liar and you don't have a heart to lie! That's why!"

"Jonghyun you're so..!" Kevin wanted to retaliate, but was to alarmed to make words. "If I wanted you to know, I 'd tell you!"

"But you're not, so that explains. I don't like things going this way, you, above all people should know!

"I have the ri---" His ringing phone stopped the heated fight. Inhaling, Kevin answered. "This is Kevin. Yes, we have arrived." Driven with thoughts, I grabbed the car handle and opened the door to leave the car. Kevin was three seconds late to be alerted at my absence.

With blind eyes, I used my hands to manuaver, managing to stumble into people along the way. The sound of car rushing to and fro told me that the car had pulled by a street. When I grabbed hold of one of the pedestrian, I asked where am I. He told me it's a neighbourhood. The sound of Kevin's shoes against the cement approaching from my back made me quicken my pace. I don't even know where to.

**********

"Are you here? We're all set to depart. It's just a farther North." I said to Kevin in the phone after glancing at the clock, guessing that he's already arrived. We promised to leave to the designated place together. "Okay, we'll be there." I hang up and turn around, finding Taemin peering outside the window, his face ghastly and one hand to his mouth.

I was just about to ask what's the matter when the chick dash out from the room. Alarmed, I followed him. "Taemin!"

He didn't mind my callings of course and kept running until he was outside the house. He stopped and glanced here to there, seemingly searching for something. When I caught up with him, pantingly I asked, "What's wrong? What is it?"

"No, I.. I saw.." Taemin to, was out of breathe, but his big eyes showed none other than determination. What he's looking out for, I don't know. "There." Taemin exclaimed lowly, then ran again. Sighing and brows creasing, I tag along.

When we stopped running, breathing labored, I watch with unexpected shock; Jonghyun, alone, across the street. I glance to Taemin, whose own chest heaving up and down, lips parted in a ragged breathing and eyes wide.

**********

When I saw that Jonghyun was about to walk forward, into the paved road where cars busily pass through, I called out to him to stop. I pulled his hand when I catch up to him and was about to scold him when at the corner of my eyes, I saw someone that piqued my attention.

I looked at him and my mind shook with astonishment.

All my feelings pour out, yet I was rooted, not able to defeat the shock that took me mentally and physically.

"Taemin.." I accidentally muttered. Hearing me, Jonghyun stopped struggling and stood straight, eyes surprisingly shot towards the boy.

"Taemin?" He called out softly before he raised his foot and walked ahead.

**********

Grimly, I glance to Kevin who held Jonghyun's hand. When he raised his gaze, eyes meeting mine, I saw the flicker of appal and stun.

Minho held my wrist, in an attempt to encourage me.

Then, I saw Jonghyun looking at me, or at least, gazed at me unexpectedly. I thought he'd smile, or cry.

But in a split second, he stride towards me, eyes not wavering.

And in that split second, I watch with horror when a car crash into Jonghyun, stopping with a deafening screech. His body fell onto the hard tar, blood gushing out from his pale lips, eyes on mine.

My heart skipped a beat, and I screamed my heart out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********

Lately I write short chapters don't I? Been busy after all... hoped you like this. I love my readers and subscribers! ^^