Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

Taemin insisted on walking back to the hotel, saying that he needed the fresh air of  Paris night and never uttered a word since then. We have been walking for at least 45 minutes and not even the hotel's giant front gate was in sight. It's not that I'm complaining, the clear streets are beautiful, I'm not even tired and I do need a bit of exercise considering all the gym time I skipped the past week. What I was worried for, is Itzel. I just remembered that Taemin once said that she isn't that good in strangers arms. First, I pity her since she probably wouldn't find any peace to sleep and second, I pity those attendants.


I sigh out a ball of white puffs, proof that the chilly night was getting to me. Rubbing my cold hands together, I scold myself mentally for not bringing a pair of gloves. I don't even possess a scarf to cover my neck from the freezing wind that attacks it mercilessly. 

Just why didn't I bring any of those? Well, I did not expect Paris night would be this cold. Plus, it didn't go well with the suit and I wanted to look my best tonight. 

For who? I eyed jealously to the figure in front of me, white scarf wrapped around his neck and a pair of red gloves protect his small hands. I wonder where he stored those garments before.

"Hey." I called out after the chick walking before me, who replied a dim 'hm' at my call.

"I'm cold." I mouth out, sounding a bit suffered. A dozen seconds passed by before Taemin ceased his steps and turned around, facing me. What caught my eyes were his puffy eyes and red nose and damn he looked adorable. Anybody could tell he cried a ton.

"Here." He said as he passed me his right glove. I looked at it, confused.

"What do I do with just one glove?" Hearing that, Taemin took my right hand and sheath it delicately. His warm touch felt soft. Profusely shaking my head, I find myself blushing.

"What's wrong?" Taemin asked, eyes hesitant.

"Nothing." I replied hastily. Geez, what's gotten into me. Shrugging his shoulders, Taemin held my other glove-free hand in his. Blinking, I chuckle.

"Are you trying to be romantic?" I said teasingly, enjoying the touch of our hand.

"NO, idiot! This is..! Um...I'm just......er.....just...uh.." He retorted but then his voice turns low and eyes wavering here and there, trying to search for the right words, his cheeks tainted in an obvious pink glow. God, can he be any cuter?

"Hm? What's that?" I asked to confirm again, leaning my ear closer to him, my smile never leaving my lips. I hear him mumble to himself, probably annoyed at me. And that just added to my amusement.

"This is.....for...athankyou..."

"Huh? I can barely hear you."

"A thank you dimwit!" He exclaimed and stomp my left foot. Argh, damn that hurted!

As I was recovering from the pain, he continues walking, ignoring the constant complain I give out and kept tugging me with him, our connected hands never separate. 

And it felt so warm.

**********

I knew I always hated him! No, I am not falling for such frog! I am intimidated and infuriated by him! Why? Because he is a teasing-freak equal to Key and Dahae-noona!

And you love them, so why can't you love this one?

Argh!! it!!

"I hate you!!" I shouted to Minho. He flinched, surprised at my sudden outburst. But then slowly, his expression turned back to the usual one I always see.

"Owh you wouldn't be holding my hand if you do, sweet pumpkin." He said almost flirtatiously and I made a disgusted face before continuing our steps.

"You rotten pumpkin..." I squint my eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, I would opt to be the Prince."

"Scuse me, what are we talking about now?"

"The fairy tale of Cinderella of course." He replied with an innocent smile. I chuckle serenely at the ridiculousness and how fast he could relate to change the subject.

"Okay Prince frog, may I enquire about your princess?" I decided to go with his play.

"My princess? Most wise question, indeed!" Minho went before me, a hand on his chest as if he was showing a corteous gesture as a real prince, and another hand still attached with mine. He bows and I let out a small chuckle again.

"My princess, my beautiful, beautiful princess. Ahh! Those brilliant eyes! Those rosy cheeks and those desirable plump, soft lips! Those features can ripen the tomatoes and shame the sunflowers! How I long to see my princess," Minho pauses dramatically. My heartbeats were quick and I don't know why but I slightly, sooo slightly, has a very, very little, small little wish that the person Minho was referring to is--

"Princess Itzel!" He announced. Urgh. I feel so.... crestfallen. And I rolled my eyes. Why do I care anyway??
"Or!" Minho added, almost surprising me with his high-pitched voice. I blink twice at his big, deer-like eyes boring right into me in close proximity.

"Thou would like to have the pleasure of being my princess, hrm?" Minho said, tone sounding proud and his eyebrow raised. I almost laugh at him but I stiffled it.

"What if I refuse, 'Prince'?" I said, punctuating the title prince and pushing him away lightly. He raised his forefinger close to my lips and waved it with a sound of 'tsk tsk'.

"I would understand if thou are shying over my company. And even if thou did dishonor my proposal, I am tremendously positive that it wasn't earnest and thou would do it out of thy admirable humbleness. To crown it all, dear fair mortal, thou owe me some... debt. Or did thou fail to remember so? Shall I exemplify the debit?" I gape over his words, that I can't seem to find any nonsense than the intense choice of words he made. Well, at least it cheered me up a bit.

"Okay Prince." I let a smile covers my lips. "Since I still owe your highness a debt, what role would thee wish to grace me with?"

"Upon my honor, I would be---" A sudden call on Minho's phone disrupt our conversation and I found myself quite annoyed at the other end of line. With a 'tch', the frog took out his phone from the pocket inside his coat. Guess he felt the same way... I'm glad.

"What do you want?" Minho's voice rings out cold and truculent, the very opposite of the voice I always heard from him. As a shiver run down my spine under some unknows reason, I backed off a little and was about to turn around marching elsewhere close by but Minho tugged may hand and tightens his grip, not allowing me to steer away or leave his side. His eyes wrote those as our eyes collide. I look away immediately, feeling blood rushing up my cheek at the sight of his emphatic side.God, I almost thought he looked attractive.

"Huh?! Are you kidding with me again? Do you want me to slaughter you? ........ Right now? No I can't. Don't ask why! ...... Les Méchants street? Hey! Wait don't hang u--- Ugh! it...." The frog curses as he shove the small device into his pocket again. He sighs deeply and massaged his temple.

"What? Something happened?" I enquire, refraining to sound worried that turned out sounding somewhat annoyed.

"No.....I...uh, sorry. Actually yes. Something bad happened, according to Taecyeon, our base at Austria erupted in crimson flames and due to the huge commotion, some commoner had discovered the place and reported it to the superior due to suspicion." He explained in a husky tone.

"Well, isn't that....worriful? You're not going to pay a visit??"

"It could be a lie. Considering the fact that the news came from that -head and---"

"But it could really be happening!" I cut his sentence, tone a bit higher. Minho looked at me in confusion and I avert away immediately, embarrased.

"The one that plotted to trick us here were probably Key and Dahae-noona. They must have concluded that Paris was the most suitable place to start a romance.....between us." I pause, clearing my throat. "So they won't trouble themselves and set up another fraud to transfer us from Paris to somewhere else." 

"You're saying?" Minho squints his eyes, a small white puff leaves his moist lips.

"I'm saying that you should pay some attention to the issue. It might be a true story." I persuaded, hoping he could at least put a small effort in doing his work. He ponder upon my words, choosing whether to give it a chance and help out or step back and watch the other party's plan fail. That is, if it was a plan. 

Soon, he continued walking, hand not letting of mine and I slowly tag behind him, giving him silence to think properly. The cold air made a soft fan around us, causing the leaves of the bushes to rustle and the darkness of the night enveloped every corner and spaces unsupplied with lightings. Is it just me or the air in France really is colder than in New York? 

Minho made a turn at a corner and we left the main bridge road to a small pavement. Rocks, pebbles scarred and old. There was no neighbourhood in sight and I wonder whether it was the right way to the hotel or not. I stared at the thick black forest lining the pavement where Minho and I now walk on, unintentional eerie thoughts flooding my mind. I shivered and tried to avert my eyes away. 

I faced down and our connected hands came into my sight. The way his large palm squeezes my smaller one and the heat that transfers between us made our hands more warm than any glove could provide, moist and somehow sweaty. I could almost feel his veins pulsing between the rough fingers that firmly grip on mine. The red glove I let him borrow, securely wrapped around his other hand, just like mine and it was as if we had a red string of fate twined and matching us together, reminding me of the old belief of destined lovers, regardless of time, space or circumstances. 

No no no no no no. 

What the hell are you thinking Taem?! I shook my head profusely and faced upwards, hoping the cold wind could sooth down my flushed cheeks. I hope that he won't feel my fast pulse from my hand.. Why the hell am I blushing anyway?!

Just then, my eyes caught the sight of the tall guide board, arrows with big black fonts imprinted on it pointing to three location. The one pointing to the North wrote: Les Méchants street.

"I guess... I might give it a go." Minho said suddenly. Half surprised and half glad, I grin and tightens my hold on his hand.

"Well it's about time hun, we're almost there."

**********

It turned out that  the venue was where one of the main offices situated at. And I found Taecyeon, who I lightly punched his stomach for his trick on me, along with a few other henchmen, packing a few baggages into a transportation. I had ordered someone to go back to the hotel. And after a while, a car pulled by, and the lady driver left a crying Itzel in Taemin's arms. After dealing with a few paperworks and panicking assistants, Taemin, Itzel and I settled in the luxurious jet.

"You could have just used this to fly back home, why didn't you tell me you had a private jet?" Exclaimed the furious chick as he prepared a bottle of milk for Itzel whose currently sitting on my lap, playing the knitted red glove on my right hand.

"Well I forgot. I only remembered buying one at Washington and totally forgot that I bought another one earlier this year in Paris." I retorted, trying to get comfortable on the leather seat. "Besides, you said that you wanted to 'enjoy Paris'. I thought you had fun at dinner."

"Well I would not go if everyone selling food whether at the streets or at restaurants would speak other than French. It sounds like tongue twister everywhere I go." He said as he shakes the bottle rapidly and glaring at me with mad eyes.

"It's not entirely their fault. Only if  you had studied French, it wouldn't really be a problem." I replied in a smug grin, proud at the thought that I could speak fluent French. He hands Itzel the bottle who eagerly on it. 

"Oh, now I have to say sorry for not studying French? You're such a darling for pinpointing that." The chick exclaimed as he start to tuck in the baby bag in a boot on top of his seat furiously.

"Then what? What language you want them to speak other than French? It's Paris idiot!"

"I would appreciate it if you would not speak any word anymore, French noob."

"What'd you say?!"

"Yover shpat." 

**********

A small voice answered me. Minho's and my attention immediately focus on the  small figure obediently drinking her milk.

"Itzel? What? Lover spat?! Wait, who taught you that word?! Frog! You---"

"No wait! It wasn't me! Yo---"

"What's all this commotion?" A voice resembling a growl surprised us both. I turn around and saw a middle-aged, old man clothed in a handsome suit and his almost grey hair all neatly combed back, his hand holding on a wooden walking stick decorated with extravagant carvings and small sparkling gems. He had a large silver ring wrapped around his thumb, accesorised with rectangular violet coloured crystal warding off a firm, powerful and respectable image. His face was wrinkled with evident lines near his eyes and especially his brows, which proved that he's used to furrow it together just like he's doing it now, almost frightening me. A tall man accompanied him, standing by his side loyally, clad in a suit as well, hands put together in front, holding a small leather-covered book.

"F-Father?" Said the streaked Minho, embracing Itzel close. His father? Oh great. "W-why are you..?"

"Are you senile already or you never really cared about my matter? Cheondung, I thought you told him already?" The man growled said and glanced to his side, gesturing the dashing gentleman beside him. Before he could answer, Minho stood up, hands secure around Itzel who eyed the man curiously.

"No Father, I'm aware that you're in Paris for your treatment. Pardon me for not contacting you." The frog said hastily, as if he was just a clueless boy lost in a village. I stiffled a chuckle and as I look up, the 'Father' was looking my way. I grew anxious as well.

"And this boy?" He questioned sharply.

"This is my...er..my..."

"Lee Taemin." I answered before Minho, as he was loss of word to regard me as. Well, not that I want to blame him. I'm not really his friend, nor a lover, that's certain. Just a client and an..... acquaintance.

The man sighs out with a growling sound, seeming to study me and I squirm under his watchful eyes.

"Sir, he is the one I told you about, Sir Minho's lover." The man beside him informed the older one, whose eyes twitched at the information. Why is it that people who tried to whisper, does not exactly know how to whisper?! And where exactly did he get that kind of information?! I wanted to deny, but decided not to, since Minho didn't make a move to tell him off. It might be bad for me, and for him as well.

"I see... mm... beautiful.. beautiful.." Minho's father admitted, nodding his head with his words. I blushed at the attention. "Well, son. Good job earning him. I guess you take after me... Going after beauties...." He added as he slowly took a seat near by my side and next to Minho's seat.

"Wait Father, why are you joining us?" Minho asked, which reminded me that I wanted to ask the same thing.
"Sir Iseul have just finished his medical check-up and Doctor said his treatment does not require any rest at the hospital. He insisted on leaving with Sir Minho after he heard the news about Austria." The tall man answered instead.

"But Father, your body is still.."

"I am not very weak, son. Let me face some real work other than papers will you?  Besides... I want to know more about you, Taemin." The man said as he direct his eyes back to me, furrowing his brows but a small smile gracing his hoar lips. It brought a smile to me as well, feeling somehow appreciated and acknowledged.

"Um thank you, I'm flattered Sir---"

"Call me Father, I don't mind Taemin." He permitted me as if it was an indisputable call for me to use. I could see Minho's eyes largen at the statement. I gulp and tried breathing properly to steady myself.

"Yes. Of course. Father." I said, heart heavy after trying out the word. And 'Father' nodded at a leisurely pace. I could hear Minho sigh beside me. Somewhere in my heart, I realized this is leading me to an unimaginable doom. Or perhaps I am already trapped in one.

"Take your seats everyone." The man said and we all went along his command. I eyed Minho, who returned the gaze with a 'I'll talk to you later' expression written all over his face. I just nodded, realizing the need to do so. 

"Oh yes... I have not introduce him. Taemin, this is my attendant, Cheondung."

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir Taemin. I've heard so much about you." The handsome man comments.

"About me?"

"Yes. Including about that adorable baby Itzel over there playing with Sir Minho's hair." He smiled. Minho instantaneously look up from the little child. "Miss Dahae have been talking an awful lot about you and I can tell she is very grateful for the chance of meeting you again. After listening to her talk about you, even Sir Iseul began to get familiar about you and he had expressed his wish before to meet Itzel."

"That is Itzel? May I... hold her?" Asked Father. Blinking nervously, I nodded to his request and eyed the hesitant Minho to hand the child over. He walks to his father and to my surprise, Itzel willingly offered her hands, letting her bottle stuck on her lips.

"How did she find time to talk about me to you anyway? Noona was with me all night after picking her up at the airport two days ago." I blurt out, feeling too curious.

"There is a technology called phone, Sir Taemin." Cheondung joked and we both laugh. My eyes direct back to Minho's father, tranquilitiy hangs itself in the air.

"Very..... pretty, child." Father announced as he let his calloused fingers to Itzel's hair and cheeks. The baby replied a friendly baby laugh, patting her hands in the air and I could only smile at the sound. Perhaps she wanted a grandpa.

"Do you like small children... Father?" I enquire, earning an immediate reaction from Minho. Father bounced his legs and Itzel happily complied.

"Usually I do. But, I guess the children are not fond of me."

"Why do you say so?" I tilted my head. Father grumbled for a while, his brows furrowing even deeper, if that was possible.

"Even my own child ran away from me, that is evident enough." He continued, sounding almost depressed. And Itzel suddenly touched his forehead, seeming as if she tried to unfurrow the old brows. It only hit me after a few minutes that he was referring to Niel. I look at Minho, who I thought had told Father about it. He look back at me, grinning apologetically.

"Um..." I started, trying to form the right words in my mind. As my eyes darts here and there figuring should I tell him or not.

"Speak up, boy. What is it?" Father permitted, sensing my awkwardness.

"Um.. If it's about Niel.." As soon as I announce the name, the man glanced to my way, including Cheondung,orbs darting out glinting in interest and surprise all together. "I... am very close with him. And he never said he hated you. Right?" I glanced to Minho, hoping for support. He seems to hesitate for a while, but nodded twice nonetheless.

I exhaled quietly. "Um, Niel... He is very kind. He works as a babysitter and I don't know how he manage to live accordingly, but it seems to me that his finance, his home, all the nessecities for living are all proving not a problem at all. He always helps me and his presence always cheers me up.You should see how he handles babies, especially Itzel, it was as if she was his own child." I explained and was it just my imagination or Minho is really glaring at me? Cheondung replies a small unnoticeable chuckle. I brush it away immediately.

"If it was something he did that upset you," I continued. "Please. He is just... a nice boy and young too. I will ask for forgiveness in his behalf as well, if he did something wrong before. I just, think... that he needs his family back. I can assure you, he loves you Father. Hearing from me might not mean a thing but a mere persuasion, so I hope... You would want to meet him again one day, then you can make sure of it yourself. Please, welcome him back. He deserves so much more."

"What about you? What do you deserve then?" Father growled back and a shiver ran down my spine. My eyes darts nervously because I did not know what he meant. Was my talk bad? Did I displease him? But when I look back at him, a gleam of soft compassion was apparent through his eyes. He glances to the frog.

"You met Niel, son?" Minho nodded to the man. He grew silent and I could see Cheondung smiling kindly. The room was only filled with still air and the sound of Itzel giggling cutely. The man seems as if he were thinking of something, maybe filled with the thought of Niel and I could only rest with a small satisfaction as my courage might have allowed Niel to be acknowledged again.

"I see.. very well. Thank you for informing me, Taemin." Father said with an appreciating look on his face and I bowed slightly. A tune suprised all of us and Father took out his phone from his coat, actions resembling much like Minho before and answered it. I chuckled lowly and earned a scowl from the frog, probably realized what I thought about. I glanced to Cheondung unintentionally.

"I think Sir Iseul took very much liking in you, Sir." He whispered and smiled charmingly. I blink at the statement. Is that a good thing? Or not? I shrug my shoulders, feeling somewhat blank. Father finished his call and before he could store it in his coat again, Itzel was looking like a curious kitten and he handed the device to her, allowing Itzel to play with it. He cleared his throat then.

"Now... you two." He glanced from Minho to me and back to his son. 

"I am expecting progress." He said calmly. I blink twice in confusion and glanced at Minho, who looked as lost as I am.

"What do you mean Father?" Minho asked.

"I mean what I said. A progress.... something like," He stopped and looked at me.

"A marriage?" My eyes largen at his request, affected with his firm expression and at the corner of my eyes, I saw Minho's mouth went wide open.

"Oh, wait." Father exclaimed. "Engagement comes first, wasn't it?" He corrected, followed by a growling laugh.
 
 
 
 
A/n: Missed me? Tee-hee I'm back! :)