Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

The darkness envelops the beautiful city of lights as the night curtain shields the bright sun, hiding it behind the smaller moon. The night streets of Paris starts to become lonelier by the second, unwrapping a romantic gaze with its light to brighten the paths. Birds and insects  that had occupied the day, providing music, had shied in their safe home, leaving the environment clear and still.
 
A slumbering baby held securely in my arms as I stand in front of the long windows from the bedroom, looking out at the scenery. A smile graces my lips.
 
Itzel had fallen asleep right after her bath and dinner. Guess the travelling wore her off. Thinking back, it was all kind of absurd and time seems to proceed so fast. There had been so many events these past few days. But frankly, it’s not so bad. Every happenings seems so dreamy and unexpected… like reuniting with Dahae-noona. Even yesterday, I never imagined of visiting Paris. With Minho.
 
Choi Minho. A giggle slip out of my mouth now that I know the ‘Choi’ before the ‘Minho’, his name seems a bit cuter to me. Though he’s a jerk, at least his chest is a very comfortable spot to rest. And he made me smile.
 
“Stupid frog…” A comment slips out between my small laughter.
 
I decided to take my own bath after tucking Itzel in the baby crib. Actually, I just couldn’t wait to try out the prosperous bath. A plain interest for me since I haven’t used such wealthy properties my whole life. Thank you god, for providing me such chance!
 
In the bedroom, I strip all of my clothing, inviting a shudder at the coldness and quickly reach for a towel. It’s so large that even when I cover my shoulders, the other lengthy end of the towel still covers my thighs. And it feels so fluffy and soft.. waa~ must be very expensive.
 
While I was admiring the great towel, Minho walks into the room.  As his eyes rests upon my figure, a blush crept up his face while his behavior turning murky. I notice he tried so hard to tear his eyes away from me. Am I that attractive?? Grinning, I decided to tease the shy frog. Purposely sliding off the towel a little and exposing my bare shoulders. His eyes immediately caught the fair sight. With a tongue sticking out to him, I disappear into the bathroom.
 
“Damn you Shiitake mushroom!” I hear the curse Minho spout. And I couldn’t help but giggle at how weird it sounds.
 
The harsh sound of running shower fills the bathroom as I let the warm water cleanse my body and soothe all the strained muscles here and there.
 
With eyes shut, my mind drift off to a scenery where I bathe under a waterfall surrounded by lush greenery and small, colourful mushrooms. Scentful Lavender fills the air. A hammock tied between two tall trees of unknown species and a lean figure resting peacefully on it. His familiar smile lingers in my mind.
 
Strange. Why does Minho comes out in my fantasies now?? I shake my head.
 
**********
 
Keep calm. Keep calm. Keep calm. Damn that chick.. I’ll fry you stupid chicken mushroom. I cough a little from the heartbeats that I think even Optimus Prime at Cybertron could hear. Catching my breath, I heave a sigh. My feet brought me to the comfy bed, face flat on the mattress as I fall on it.
 
What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I acting this way? Just what the hell is making me feel this way?? Why? Why? Why? Wh—
 
“Her whisper is the Lucifer
Nareul mukko gadoon
Damyeon sarangdo mukkin chae
Miraedo mukkin chae keojil su eopneune—“
 
The vibration on my phone stunned me and I immediately fish it out of my pocket to accept the call. Of course, there is only one demon I loathe for the work she provides and her never-ending lectures.
 
“Hello Lucifer.” I greeted hastingly, sitting properly now.
 
“Minho, what did I told you before?” The other end replies.
 
“Change the ringtone when you call? Nuh’uh. Lucifer fits you just fine Noona.”
 
“Oh, being naughty aren’t you? Fine fine…” Dahae-noona’s saying made a shiver run down my spine but I ignore it. “So what’re you doing now?” She asks.
 
“Um resting on the bed.”
 
“Where’s Taeminie?”
 
“Shower.”
 
“Owh so you guys are getting ready for ua—“
 
“NOONA!” I raised my voice just to avoid from blushing again at her words. And I failed.
 
“Hahahahaha~ Allright allright I’ll stop pestering between you two and leave it to your imaginations. What to do and when to do and ho—“
 
“Seriously, Noona.”
 
“Okay okay! I get it.” I hear her sigh before continuing. “Actually Taemin at the shower grants me the perfect time to talk with you.”
 
“Talk? Bout what?” My eyes wavers to the bathroom door just to make sure the chick is still in there. The sound of running shower proves so. There was a silence in the phone for a few seconds and I remained quiet to listen to Dahae-noona’s talk. There was something telling me that this conversation is…..something.
 
Of importance? Maybe.
 
“I want to talk about Taemin. About his life. His past. About Itzel.
 
I just had the inclination to discuss it with you after I heard everything from Taemin and Key the night I spent with them. Because…..I don’t know. You’re my closest friend and dongsaeng…
 
Part of me wants to rant about the story and some parts is saying that you need to know.”
 
Um allright. It’s not gonna hurt me. So?” I tried sounding uninterested, my hand fumbling on the bed sheets. “Do start from the top since I haven’t heard the reason for your emotional reunion with him? I added before waiting for the other line to talk it out.
 
The sound of fire cracking made my eyes travel to the burning logs in the fireplace, eventually staring into nothing. The fire is nice, a friend, casting its brightness while spreading warmth and providing a beautiful, homey view.
 
“Taemin…” She starts slowly. “….He ran away from home because our parents fought and was on the verge of divorcing.
 
And during that time, he was really into dancing. Dancing was the only thing that kept his mind off things that haunts his life. How I wish you could see how happy he is when he dances….
 
But his request to attend dance school was denied roughly.
 
I was at Japan during then, working. Taemin, he was young. Stressed with family affairs, with his dance passion and.....love affairs. So, he…..somehow ends up in NY.” At Noona’s words, my eyes bulge and I swallow a thick lump im my throat.
 
“Love… affairs?”
 
“Yes…..His first love, who took his heart and viriginity, die…..in a train accident. His name was Kim Jungmo.
 
Ahh…..He was very intimate with our family, so kind and always smiled warmly….Jungmo always touched Taemin in a precious manner…..And I really loved watching those pleasant moments, so does our parents. It seemed so sincere.
 
Mm now I miss him.” I could discern Dahae-noona’s mournful smile through the phone, her voice wavers a bit melancholic. My heart somehow aches at the revelations. By some means also, it was kinda hard to breathe.
 
“…..At NY, he met someone else. Who helped him through thick and thin, whom he loved to no end, who liked to write love songs for him, who could support his life and who treasured Taeminie so much….His name was Kin Jonghyun.
 
Key was an acquaintance eof Jonghyun, and after discovering his friend’s newfound lover living under the same roof, Key had instantly took a liking to both Taemin…..and the fact that they were together. Key had said…..’Waa….you can never separate them….they were so perfect…’ Taemin held so much faith and love for Jonghyun
 
That’s when I, uh, really hoped to see that Jonghyun. Those bright happy times for Taemin….Those times when I could see him smile genuinely…..The way he could shine like a sunflower……Innocent and natural.” Dahae-noona’s voice was turning miserable as she explains. I could do nothing but listen, myself getting mopish as well over Taemin’s tale. But why? She’s talking about someone who was there for Tamin. What’s there to mope for?
 
“But then…..Taeminie, he…..got pregnant.” Her voice falters in a sad, crying voice. Don’t tell me….
 
“The father was…..Jonghyun…..who discarded Taemin like a garbage…” Dahae-noona sniffed and followed by an endless weep, her voice laying low. I wanted to cheer her up, mouth twitching as if commenting but I couldn’t. I was…..discouraged myself. Bitting my lower lip. I fought from tearing, a hand on my temple as my head hung low between my legs. Why am I actually so affected…? Why? Just why….?
 
“Godness, poor Taeminie…..” I hear Dahae-noona continues, sniffing. Well, he’s her precious little brother after all. Such painful past saddens her.
 
“Could you…..could you imagine how he lived when he bore Itzel..? Alone, penniless, abandoned….He almost gave up on his baby….almost sold his organs for money to support her….almost had to push himself working a dirty job…..Thank god Key was always there to watch over him…..providing him home and utmost care for Taemin could have easily submit his life to depression….
 
Minho, I need you…..to be there for Taemin. I’m always absent at the times when he needs me most….and I feel so guilty….
 
You see him smile, laugh and being cheerful……it might seems so but deep down, I think he is at war with his feelings, covering under the joy he’s masking over. He’s a stubborn child you know….
 
He’s really good at pretending as if everything was fine…..Even after I told about our parents getting into an accident while searching around for him…..Now they’re in a come, waiting for Taemin in silence.
 
I don’t know what’s going on Taemin’s head right now…..but I know he’s feigning joy and carrying so much thoughts…..Minho….take care of Taemin……He’s still a fragile child with a heart made of cold glass, already inflicted with scars and wounds. Don’t break him.” The long line of beep replaces the soft voice of Dahae-noona.
 
I stayed still for a while, basking myself of the times when Taemin smiled merily, holding Itzel scathelessly, all this time putting up with me and is debts. My hand found itself on my chest, as If it could ease even the slightest ache that burns me. I don’t know whether the sad fate Taemin had gone through or the jealousy towards someone else who loved him that made feel worn out. But I’m dispirited nonetheless.
 
Wait.
 
Jealousy?
 
I……felt that?
 
**********
 
 The temperate phone resulted from my long talk with Minho lays on the sidetable. I wipe away the tears that had paved a way on my flushed cheeks.
 
“Seems promising.” The lady sitting in front of me said, dressed in a long with satin dress, a glass of brandy in her white hand. I laugh at myself.
 
“Aw Dahae-noona, here.” The young boy next to me, with a hand comforting my shoulder pass a tissue to me.
 
“Thanks Key. Ji Young, I think your plan had not only affected Minho, look at me! Argh! My make-up!”  My joking voice made three of us laugh. I wipe my face dry with the tissue Key gave. Lifting my own glass, “Let us pray for the development of Taeminho. If Minho’s still wasting his chance, we’ll give that dork a good spanking later.”
 
“Always a pleasure for me.” Ji Young added, creating laughter again.
 
“Well, cheers!” Key invites and we drank the refreshment with hope of success to our Cupid-roleplay plan.
 
**********
 
“Haa…..that was nice.” I mutter to myself as I wrap the bathrone around my body, facing the large circular mirror, a smile made its way to my lips. Water droplets drop from my long hair to my shoulder and to the floor. The reflection of the mirror, showed my eyes looking clear and as I caress my face, it felt healthy and smooth. my lips, I found that it is not as dry and cracked as it’s usually would be.
 
I felt good.
 
“Well, at least I’m clean on the outside.” I tried to persuade myself. Despite saying so, I frowned. My smile chased away and I put a hand on my stomach. Trying to find and answer to my difference from everyone else. But……I remember those days when I was fond of touching it so much that Key had nagged the habit, saying that he too wants to touch it. Itzel was so warm when she resided in me.
 
Too warm to not cherish.
I’m glad I did.
 
Sighing, I hand the wet towel on a rail and went out of the steamy bathroom. Perhaps I could have some mighty banana milk. I’m not mistaken, I’ve seen a couple of thew in the refrigerator. But my shiver pursued me to grab some clothing first.
 
As soon as I step into the bedroom, a body crashes upon me, clasping me into a tight hug, trapping my arms under his.
 
“Wha! W-What are yo---“
 
“Shh…..Itzel’s sleeping.” Minho cut me before I could finish questioning, his voice low and lull. I fell into surprise and went silent, mouth gaping open. Just why is he suddenly so affectionate?? It’s kinda shocking to see someone you usually see wouldn’t do some stuff and is actually doing the stuff. Or showing the stuff, affectionate stuff, in Minho’s case. Moreover, he’s affectionate to me. And not just this once. Shallowly sighing again, I let myself breathe the pristine air. His heartbeat, the thumpings, felt near.
 
His embrace tightens as I felt his head nuzzles on my left shoulder.
 
“It’s okay.” Minho speaks. One of his hand the back of my neck in coaxing manner.
 
“It’s okay now. Stop suppressing. I’m here.”
 
His words form a tranqualizing effect on me as I felt my eyes flicker slowly, mouth coming to a close. Minho’s large hands that provided subtle pats on my back made me felt so rest-assured. Though I’m a bit confused, I understood the literal meaning.
 
I don’t know what made him want to embrace me. But, I know, he intended to make me happy. I felt appreciated.
 
This warmth too, is too warm to not cherish.