Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

"Who the you think you're ing around, you ing ..? You better get your here and let me cut your before I get there and torture your crack with chili peppers..." Minho curses Taecyeon under his breath, phone glued to his ear, obviously furious at his findings in Paris. I am leaning on his car's side(actually someone named Baek Ji Young's car) which he ordered for it to be sent to pick him up at the airport 45 minutes earlier, abandoning the previous driver there poorly. Minho drove straight to his warehouses then, but the sight showed that the works are proceeding smoothly and in no way discovered by the police. Confused, he called someone named Taecyeon and apparently, everything was.... alright all of a sudden. And here we are, in Paris for nothing.

I want to smack him for sounding rough, nasty words with Itzel in my arms just behind him. But I figure that would be a bad action considering his current foul mood. The frog hung up his phone, turning around and massages his temple.

"So, this was all... a fraud?" I carefully place my words. I'm not chickening out, it's just... It's Minho. I can't help but brush up my anger when we found out about the situation because Minho looked pissed, fierce and flaming. Guess he was really worried.

"Yeah.. Damn that woman..." Minho replies which sounded almost like a whisper.

"Excuse me? Who?"

"Argh. That Bae Dahae! The one responsible for this pathetic scheme!" As the name ring in my ear, it took me for a few seconds to buffer and process the word in my mind. And soon I snapped.

"Who do you think you're calling a 'damned woman'?! You frog!"

"Well, a moth who bound us with shackles in some country we never dreamt to visit together?! What're you gonna say bout that?!"

"Watch your mouth, you---" I bite my lips to prevent from cursing. I eyed Itzel who's grabbing a fistful of my shirt, looking intently at Minho's furrowed brows. The frog become stoned for a while, realizing the mistake he made. His anger and every hard emotions subsides, just by looking at my innocent child. 

We stood silent for a few minutes. I sigh and groomed my baby while Minho rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, wettening his lips.

"Sorry...." He speaks. I look into his eyes, recognizing the apologetic expression on his face. "I drag you to Paris for a lost reason and here we are, with our return ticket to NY next week. And all the tickets dated before our scheduled flight, has been fully booked. I'm just... sorry. For messing your life." He continues. My heart soften at his words and a small smile graces my lips unconsciously.

"Well, you have messed up my life way before you realize it and I wonder why you care now. I mean, not that I like how the situation turns out, but we're here. In Paris. Might as well enjoy her." I comment gratefully. Since I grow quite fond of the beauty surrounding me. Plus, I wanted to get away from Joon-hyung anyway. 

Minho's mouth slowly curves up a smile, presenting his white teeth, his eyes open widely and cheeks turning rounder. 

"Yeah. You're right. I'm glad.....somehow." He replies charmingly. 'Charmingly' you say?! What vocabulary just registered in your dictionary Taem?! And why is the example showing the handsome smile that Minho decorated his features?! I clear out my throat.

"Sooo what do we do now?" I ask, turning away from him, feeling somehow flushed. Itzel chews her finger and I keep trying to stop her from doing so. I hear Minho chuckles and he approaches me, pinching the baby's cheek joyfully. Guess he saw how cute Itzel was.

"I'm going in. Need to check some things and meet someone. See if there's any flaws or problems. You coming?"

"Uh... yeah. Not like I have much to do in the car." I reply walking before him. We head towards the brick warehouses. There are three of them, lining in a line and each was filled with workers and boxes of black market goods. Transportations were going in and out while everyone were looking busy. Oh darn it. I forgot his agency was working in sinful ways. A shiver run down my spine and a I feel a lump on my throat, suddenly feeling tension at the site.

"Boss! Why why! Welcome!" A handsome-looking man rush to Minho and shook hands with him, a wide smile plastering his face. Most of the people inside stop and stare at the three of us and soon continue their work again.

"Bussiness looking good eh?" The frog utters.

"Haha as you see Boss! Noona is such a bully, coming up to me and leaving me with these. But well I wanted to be the head after all!"

"Where is she?"

"She left for Bora Bora this morning, said she had an appointment with someone."

"So this was a plot.." Minho whispers and I could clearly hear it since I was standing right next to him. And I knew what he meant. Probably Key, Dahae-Noona and this other Noona's the one who plot the rotten plan to hook us both inParis; City of Romance. Cheesy enough.

"Oh this is Kim Junsu, Ji Young-Noona's little brother." The frog finally notice my presence and introduces the man.

"Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you." I offer my hand to him as my lips curved up. But instead of shaking it, he kissed the back of my hand, smiling almost flirtatiously.

"Bonjour, belle. Welcome to France." The man said, still holding my hand preciously. And I chuckle at his compliment.

"Thank you, it's beautiful here."

"Owh ma chérie! There's nothing more beautiful than you here!" He replies and winks playfully. We both broke into a small laughter. I didn't expect to meet such a romantic French so fast. And honestly, I don't hate it. He gives a good vibe.

"Well my is." The frog comments and separates our joined hands and walk towards the entrance of the warehouses, leaving us confused at his temper.

**********

My steps almost stomps but I tried very hard to keep my composure. I mean, it's just the sight of Junsu-Hyung and that chick playing eyes and holding hands. There's nothing wrong with that, isn't it! It's not like I'm saying that I'm mad because of those actions and yeah definitely not because I saw the interest glinting in Taemin's eyes or Itzel's lovely smile towards Junsu-Hyung. I glance at my back, observing at how that man pinch Itzel's cheek, the same way I always do. The three of them smiling and conversating in a friendly manner. 

Hatred, I felt it.

"YOU." I pronounce in a stern voice. Taemin froze when he realized my finger was pointing to him. "Come here." 

I don't know what came into me and why was I'm so intimidated but I just had the feeling of uneasiness at the sight. Hell, I hate seeing Taemin and his baby acting so intimate with others. With obedience, he came to my side. I immediately took Itzel into my arm, another hand pulling the chick's wrist and continue my steps as if nothing has happened. Junsu-Hyung tag behind us, feeling blunder at my behaviour. Taemin, on another hand, chuckled lightly.

"Jealous, frog?" He says, inching closer to me as if those words only meant for me. I reply a small 'tsk'. 

"You just want Itzel to yourself right? And you're probably afraid of losing such a sweet me." He adds with a teasing smirk. I look at him, a smile covering my lips. Taemin looked beautiful. And I'm not gonna deny it this time. Nobody will find out about my comment anyways. So, I settle with him as the meaning of 'beauty' in my dictionary. Oooh.... Minho's being honest.

"At least your seems sweet to pound in." I carelessly spout, my smile not leaving my lips. The chick gasp in awe when he felt my hand let go of his wrist and gave his 's left globe a squeeze. But he didn't burst into madness. Instead, he smack my arm with a surprised smile.

"Yah! You ert! And what did I say about vulgary in front of Itzel!" Taemin pulls my ear, laughing at my face contorted in pain as I let out constant 'ah ah' at his punishment.

"You never said anything about it! You only gave me the 'eye signal' !"

"Excuses! You are jus--"

"Ehem. Both of you, everyone's looking." Junsu-Hyung's voice shook us both in reality. As we look up, every workers, which mostly comprised of old men, had a wide smile across their faces, looking directly at us. Silence took over. Itzel suddenly laughed and soon, everyone broke into 'aawww'.

"Lover's spat! Boss you're quite romantic at it!" A short man comments and I blink at him.

"Hyuu~! Your lover looks so pretty! Or is he your wife?" Another man opposite of him said. I flinch at his words.

"Oh then that baby is his! Way to go, young man!" The buffy one beside him adds.

"Go for twins! I'm sure they'll look cute with parents so gorgeous!" And the final comment made us both gasp and the crowd burst into cheers of delight. I look to the chick, his face already red crimson and mine's probably not far from that too.

That afternoon, I spent roaming around the work place, praying that I won't bump into Taemin in the process. There just something wrong with him. He could kill me with soft smiles and light giggles. Only if anyone could hear my heartbeats, they'll surely introduce me to a heart specialist.

**********

7:10 p.m. The dusk was settling in and the clear sky turns darker in each minute that passes.

the what..?

"We hope you will enjoy your stay and our patronage will please you well, Sir Minho, Sir Taemin, Miss Itzel. Please don't hesitate to inform us if you need anything and we will try provide the best of our services so that your demands are met. We shall take our leave now, pardon." The man in the suit along with the other five attendants bows before leaving both of us stunned in a voluminous suite room and it is not because of the damn wide, elegant, gorgeous, beautiful room. We were stunned by the fact that we had to share the room. Share the bed room. Share the bed! And apparently, the one who kindly booked for us here didn't had the check with him anymore, plus the internal disrupment in the hotel logging system, there was no way for us to change the trick of the fate. Or it was likely planned out....

I hear Minho sighs and he took off his watch, leaving it on a sidetable along with the car keys. Then, he lied down on the big cream-coloured couch, one hand draped over his tired eyes and another on his stomach. Itzel, whose drinking milk from her bottle after throwing a fit in the car just a while ago looked around like a curious kitten. I'm furious of course, with this arrangement. But like Minho, I'm exhausted as well. Too tired to argue like we usually did. And after I saw the busy work he attended earlier, I don't have the heart to stress him any longer.

Craddling Itzel in my arms, I slung off the baby bag on the glass-top coffee table and walks to the bed room. It was so spacious and white, much to my liking. The queen-sized bed could fit five people at once and the vanity table was decorated with cosmetics and a fashion magazine with a phone settled right next to it. Inside the big wardrobe, hangs three bathrobes and extra pillows on the top rack.

The bathroom. Are so stunning and granite. It was white and pure and clean and.... If possible, I want to live in it. It smelt like Lavender too. Quite similar to Itzel's baby oil and I really fancy it.

"Waa.... I never stayed in such a luxurious hotel.... Itzel, mommy's impressed. Are you?" I spoke to the child and kisses her cheek, smiling. Maybe Paris really wasn't such a bad idea. I silently thanked the trio Noona for arranging this. It's very beautiful. Clean and calm. Everyone's so polite and kind. Maybe the food's a little salty. But a little change for a while couldn't hurt. Itzel seems cheerful too. And most importantly I know both of us are safe here. With Minho by our side.

Oh no no no. Taem, you're kidding right?

Shaking my head, I glance around the room once again. Taking in the nice smell of hotel and brand new surroundings. I walk to the fireplace, where a small fire ignites the soothing sound of fire cracking. Next to it was a door leading to another room. Curious, I flung it open, hoping to find a room with a bed so that I don't have to share with Minho. You know how much I hate him.

But, I was greeted with the sight of an ideal nursery room. 

The wallpaper were the colour of white and baby blue to create an air of peace and fluff. The ambience was light and oozes cosy feeling. A pretty floral-designed crib was waiting for Itzel and there were toys and lots of colourful teddies which is different in size, sitting on a corner. I gasp in awe and Itzel was struggling to get off my embrace, half-filled milk bottle hanging in . I allowed her too, watching the happy child crawl to one of the toys before heading to another one, the quiet replaced by her cute laughter.

There was just one thing I thought of as I was thrown into delight for I never saw such active expression of Itzel(another reason is because I fancied one of the teddies). 

And that one thing had made me glad to be here with him; Minho.

**********

A yawn escapes my mouth. Guess I should take a little nap before heading to office. I had checks that haven't been signed and bills to take care of. There's some paperworks that Dahae-noona had sent here without feeling a bit guilty and I had to finish it up today. Goodness, who does she think she is?! I really want to choke her to death but I know, I wouldn't be able to raise a hand at her. Hell, she wouldn't let me.

But.... plotting such wicked plans until me and the chick reaches Paris, why is she so bugged with our relationship? I mean, there's nothing special with him. And I'm too special for him. I like Itzel, but yeah... that is as far as it goes.

Right?

Right.

Sure?

Sure.


Liar.

The large door to the bedroom suddenly flungs open, exposing a very happy-looking Taemin, a medium-sized brown teddy bear clutched in his hand. I sat up from the couch, grinning at the child-like expression he wore. I was about to open my mouth to say something. But it was cut by the chick, with him suddenly jumping onto the couch, his arms around my neck, legs around my waist, hugging me as if there's no tomorrow.

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I LOOOOVVEE THE TEDDIES!!! I MEAN, ITZEL LOOOOVVEE THE TEDDIES!!! YOU'RE SO KIND!!! I, I-- I..ar......I..."My surprised big eyes blinks to listen the rest of his appreciation, but his voice falters and it is as if the words are stuck in his throat. 

I realize by then, that my hands were already circling around his body as well, hurddling him closer.

And you have no idea how it seems so right.

**********

"Um... I.." What the hell are you doing you stupid Taem?! Yeah you're happy for Itzel but that doesn't necessarily mean you had to pounce on Minho! And why is it so hard to say a grateful-for-friend 'I love you' to him?!

You know, the type of 'I love you' when for an example, you didn't have something that you really like but your friend had it all along and when that friend is being so nice and said "Here take it." that's when you goes, "Oh my god! Thank you thank you! I love you so much!" That is the exact 'I love you' I wanted to say.

But now what? I'm sitting on his comfortable lap, chest-to-chest, face on the crook of his neck, warmth filling me up as our body collides, with a lump in my throat and the awkwardness starting to emerge itself out. But really, it's so comforting...

"You like that one?" Minho suddenly asks. Without moving, I tried asnwering as natural as possible.

"Mm."

"Out of all the others?"

"Mm."

"Eventhough there's a chicken teddy?"

"Mm."

"I see."

"....."

"What're you gonna call him?"

"Uh... does it need one?"

"Of course! It's a good moral education for children to fantasize."

"Are you telling me I'm a child?"

"What's wrong with it? Children are cute." 

**********

I indirectly spoke my emotion, careful with my tone so that my real thought aren't spilled. My strained back resulting from supporting the chick's weight finally gave in, relenting me to lean on the couch's back support. And Taemin are still in my arms, laying on my chest almost appreciatingly. Not that I hate it.

"Itzel, for proof." I add to my comment.

"Hm~ I agree." I felt his smile. At this moment, my hand was getting active, urging me to spoil the chick, to his soft strands of hair. And I tried hard to resist from twitching even a single movement, as it could destroy the whole situation.Plus, it's too comfortable to not appreciate it.

"Just when did you exactly bought those large amount of teddies?" The chick asks curiously.

"Right after you fallen asleep in the plane."

"How?"

"By phone. They are all made by an expert Italian craftsman and was sent from Milan."

"Woahh..." I almost chuckle at the sound Taemin made.

"So, the name?"

"Mm... I dunno. I never named after a teddy."

"Just pick something random then."

"Like what?"

"Like Suzuki-san or Daruma-san or Okuma-san or just anything."

"Then I go with Suzuki-san."

"Oh why?"

"Just because."

"That's a great pick."

"I know. I'm Lee Taemin after all."

"Hey Choi Minho's the one who suggested it remember." We broke into playful giggles and I carved his full name in my mind. It's the first time I come to know his full name, after all. And how the hell is that possible? I felt like I've known him for a decade and spent time for thousand hours yet I've just came to know his full name. And I'm sure he shares the same thought.

Silence floats around and surprisingly, the tense didn't come out. It was as if everything was........ correct.

"Ma~! MamaMamaMama~!!" Itzel's cries crack open our sanity and Taemin instantly get off my lap, rushing to the baby.

That,

almost made me pissed off.

Almost.