Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

        Me with a bum on my tummy was the weirdest image I could imagine. But, it happened after all. Another me were inside me. I love the soul inside me more than anything. Key, my best friend that grew attached to me offered me a place I could call home. He's very beautiful and the most motherly person I've met. 
 
       Time pass by and soon I bore the child I helplessly in love with. Her name is Itzel, it means "Star of the Aurora Sky". I can't believe I wished it never existed during the time Jjong deserted me. F*** that d***head. I don't want Itzel to live out the same thing I did. Although I can't provide her a family, her real father, I hope I can offer her the best life she ever experienced.
 
       As soon as I recovered, I made my objectives clear. I informed Key I was going to leave his house and live independently. He objected, of course. But, after a long session of reasoning and pleading, he gave in to my strong determination. So, I searched high and low for the cheapest house I could and even secured two jobs. Now, I'm working as a florist in the morning and a waiter in the afternoon. Much to my displeasure, I have to send Itzel to a nursery every day except Sunday. I wish I could spend more time for her.
 
        I thought everything was going to be fine. But I was so ignorant of the harsh reality of the world. Who said money is not everything?
 
        I didn't know I would be in a considerable amount of debt to a loan shark. Yeah, it's quite bad.
 
**********
 
         The morning breeze hit me lightly as soon as I step outside the house. The sky is looking gloomy. I wonder if it's going to rain today. Garfield is nowhere to be found. I haven't seen him since yesterday. Where'd it go? Then, I heard a cry from the inside. A cry I know very well to whom it belongs to. I hurried inside and went to fetch 'another me'.
 
"Itzel, what's wrong baby~" I picked her up in my arms from the mattress of the crib. 
 
        She stopped crying as soon as I hold her up. Gosh, I love how she smile so much! The way her eyes wink and wrinkles, her puffy cheeks look just like mine and her small lips, slightly curved up. She wails her puny hands here and there, producing groaning sound. Guess she felt lonely so she called me.
 
        I took a glance at the bell clock positioned at the side table next to Itzel's baby crib. It shows 7.44 am. I should really leave for work now. I need to drop my princess at the nursery too. 
 
"Wait, okay?" I said leaving her inside the crib again. I changed my clothing from jerseys to a sleeveless and loose white shirt. Matched it with a knee-length jeans, a denim jacket and a pair of sneakers, I'm already good to go. I packed my things inside a cross bag and took Itzel back to my secure arms. I stepped outside my not-so-furnished and cheap house and left the secluded neighbourhood. First stop, the 'Rosemary'! It's the nursery I usually drop Itzel at.
 
         I think the nursery isn't really popular among the community here or maybe they aren't aware of its existance since not much people send their children here and the fee is quite cheap eventhough I kinda struggle to pay it. The nursery is owned by a young man who is still schooling who loves children. Oh, I see him.
 
"Niel~" I greeted the boy who is watering the plant.
 
"Taemin-ah! Good morning!" He smiled at me, putting down the watering can and approached me. "Hello, Itzel~!" He said leaning closer to her.
 
        I'm quite familiar with him. Ahn Daniel, I don't know whether he's a Korean or not. Although he look like someone who lives in Andromeda, he's a very nice boy. He'd always be there to accompany me play with Itzel when I come to collect her at the nursery because I got no money to buy her any toys. He would serve me a cup of tea, massage my back when I'm fatigued and we're practically best friends.
 
"Niel, I'm really sorry I can't pay you yet.. I prom--"
 
"Shh! It's all right. I know how hard it is to earn money. Don't worry about it." He said calmly. Gosh, he's so kind!
 
"Just know I WILL pay. Here, take her. I have to leave for work now." I hand Itzel to him.
 
"Okay~" He said accepting the baby.
 
"Mama will come to pick you up soon. Be a good girl, baby." I patted her and planted a kiss on her forehead. I gave Niel a peck on his cheek and he waved to me as I grew farther apart from him and Itzel.
 
*********
 
        As soon as I arrived at the flower shop, a lovely smell hit my nose. Then, the door on the left opened and the owner's son walked inside holding stalks of fresh flowers.
 
"Taeminnie~"
 
"Mornin' Sungjong." We walked towards each other and gave each other a peck.
 
"Have you eaten breakfast?"
 
"Um yeah."
 
"You know you're a bad liar. Come, I brought some bread for you." Oh, so that's the lovely smell earlier. He pulled my hand and led me
 to the small room where he came from and sat me on a stool. On the round garden table, a bucket of warm bread was served and a carton of fresh milk next to it. The sight of it seems so delicious.
 
"I'm sor--"
 
"Stop apologizing! Gosh, Taeminnie, don't feel guilty everytime people offer you kindness." He scolded me while taking my cross bag and my jacket off me and settled it on a shelf nearby.
 
"You sure it's all right for me to eat it?"
 
"Of course. Eat, then you can work." He smiled at me and went out the room again. I said my prayer and dig in the food. I'm so glad I meet many kind people.
 
         Although the work as a florist is quite easy, I receive a considerable amount of money. The family who owns this shop has a good fortune after all. Besides, I'm the only worker here. It's not about the salary only, I work here because It has been my big sister's dream job since she was a child. I wil not deny it. I miss my family so much. But, I can't face them like this. I came here to achieve something and I will achieve it!
 
That afternoon,
"Taeminnie, your shift is finished already~" Sungjong informed. "Your customers at the Cafe are awaiting, baby."
 
"Okay okay~ Thanks for reminding me, love you." I said grabbing my things and kissed his cheek.
 
"Love you too." The blondie replied and waved me goodbye.
 
         Eventhough the 'A Place Called Here' Cafe' is just across the road, it takes about ten minutes to walk there and I have to pass the park. I sighed and pondered. Itzel is eating right now, or maybe playing or maybe sleeping with Niel. I looked at the kids playing tag excitedly. I wonder if Garfield is playing tag too. Is he lazing around? Or is he taking a 'poo poo'? I wonder what Jong--
 
"Taeminnie~!!" A big hug envelops me from behind.
 
"Key-Hyu--"
 
"OMMA."
 
"Key-Omma~" I said hugging him back.
 
"I miss you so much~"
 
"It has only been a day!"
 
"But, we only meet during our worktime only! Tell me, you don't want to live with omma anymore?" He begged me and made a cute blowfish face, which I poke. Key is actually a model. A very renowned one with his good fashion sense and his cheeky chic personality, no one can resist him. But, he said he want to stay by my side, so his title as a model is only part-time now. He's a part-time waiter at the where I work as well.
 
"I love you, omma."
 
"Don't avoid the subject, baby! Oh yeah, I got another offer." He quickly got tracked off.
 
"What, big one?"
 
"I don't know, Yoonduk-Hyung just called me earlier."
 
"Do it, then. I like to watch your ad~" I smiled childishly. Key patted me and hold my hand.
 
"Whatever you say, baby!" He replied. The Cafe' is visible and we fasten our pace since we were laughing and gossiping too much.
 
        As soon as we're inside, we're greeted warmly by the other staff. I can read those oh-my-gosh-it's-Diva-Key eyes. All of them are head over heels for my companion and Key is totally milking his popularity. The cafe' is famous thanks to him too, it's pactically flooded with customers! We went to the changing room and I head towards my locker and Key went to his.
 
"God, did you see how Joon lustingly stared at you?!" He said in a 'yuck!' tone while  pulling out his uniform out from the locker.
 
"Really?"
 
"Taeminie, clearly he got a thing for you! How can you be so ignorant? Almost every work you were assigned to do these past few weeks, he volunteered to help. He never let you carry heavy stuff, he'd buy you banana milks, walks you home everytime I leave my shift early, he's always on your side and baby, the rumour had been spread. He likes you! Come'on, the bug have to wait to lay on the flower?"
 
"...mm'hm"
 
"Don't give me the silent 'mm-hm' as an answer. Listen, he's quite a decent man himself and--"
 
"Key, I said before right, I'm not dating anymore." I exclaimed. I'm not phobia with dating, it's just not the time yet and he's not the right man. Besides, he does not know anything about my pregnancy and Itzel. I bet he'll run off to another boy if I tell him.
 
"Candy, you know that statement will never last. I'd like to see you smile. You've became untalkative since you bore Itzel. What's wrong?" Key said, walking to me and caressed my cheek. His face, looks so worried. I guess he miss me.
 
"Key-omma, I'm fine. I love you." I said, grinning widely.
 
"Ah! you're escaping the subject with the 'I-love-you' again! But, I love you too!" He replied. Gosh, his confession to me makes me so rest assured. I don't want him to leave me too. 
 
        We finished dressing. The uniform, just a simple red-lined boxy stripes on the T-shirt, a light-blue bow-tie, jeans and an apron with a writing "Here!' on the front. I put on the blue beret, our cafe's signature for staffs and gussied up. We left the changing room, and started our work.
 
        The cafe's bustling with customers, just like I thought. I've been busy welcoming the clients, taking orders, serving meal and soon, it's lunch time! I took off my beret and went to my bag pack, searching for my lunch.
 
"Taemin-ah." A voice calls me. I glanced up and found
 
"Joon-Hyung, what's wrong?" I asked politely.
 
"I just want to send Key's message to you. He left early today. He said his manager called and he passed a massage, "bug's flying to you". Know what that means?" Joon-Hyung tilted his head, confused. Key, how dare you. "Anyway, I'll walk you home today. May I?" Joon said, almost confident that I'd agree. Before I could have the chance to reply, Karam came to me and tapped my shoulder.
 
"Taeminie, someone's looking for you."
 
"Me? Who?"
 
I don't know. He's at the back corridor. Tall, huge-eyes, long hair, in suit, HOT." He emphasized. I got the idea of who he is already. Gosh, he's visiting me quite frequent these days. I was about to leave for my visitor that a hand grabbed my arm.
 
"Walk you home?" Joon pleaded. Sigh... A walk home won't hurt.
 
"Kay, Hyung." I beamed a light smile and he kinda blushed.