Chapter 6

Gone 너만 없다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guess what! My major exams are over! I just have one left on Friday. This means I can get back to writing soon ^.^ Here's an update to celebrate with my dear subscribers~

 

 

He strolled back to their room slowly, that photo haunting his thoughts. He sat on the bed and turned to look at the sleeping figure. Worries started to fill his mind as he stared at her. His shower was long, being dragged by his distracted mind. He finally went to bed with some plans prepared.

 

The next morning, the couple had breakfast without the parents because of school. “Hyerin-ah,” Minseok started hesitantly. She looked up at him with her wide eyes and full mouth. “Let’s move out of this house.” Her eyes were still wide and staring at him.

“If we’re away from my parents then there’s less pressure from them,” he explained. She looked away in contemplation before agreeing with a nod. “Whatever you want,” she said.

He exhaled in relief, “I’ll find a place quickly then.”

 

The ride to school was quiet. Hyerin occasionally glanced at Minseok who had his eyes closed and headphones on. It was like he had distanced himself from her within a night. The car finally arrived at her campus and he took off his headphones. “Mr. Moon will pick you up tonight,” Minseok said, referring to the chauffeur. The old chauffeur looked into the mirror and nodded to the young missus. She got out and closed the door slowly, a little hurt by his coldness.

 

But she couldn’t let that pull her down. It was the second half of the semester with winter chilling everyone’s bones. She pulled her coat around her and walked to the dance studio. She smiled to passing people on campus who congratulated her on her marriage. The ladies in the studio called to her as she walked into the room. She walked up to them with a smile and hugged her classmates. “How was your first night?” one of them asked cheekily and the rest giggled.

Hyerin blushed and evaded the question by rolling her eyes. She put her bag away in her locker and went to warm up with her classmates. As usual, dance took her mind away from her heavy thoughts and now her newlywed heart.

 

 

He walked into the residents’ lounge like his usual self. “There’s my married man!” Luhan leaped from his chair and gave his best friend a hug. “How was your honeymoon?” he nudged the friend. Minseok rolled his eyes and slapped his friend’s arm. “It’s definitely not as wonderful as yours will be,” he answered.

“Why not?”

“Well that ‘s because we enjoyed Japan but you two will be enjoying…” Minseok looked at Luhan in slight disgust, “each other.”

“You’re kidding,” Luhan’s face dropped in disappointment, “Dude, it’s your honeymoon and you didn’t even hit any base?”

“I told you! I’m not going to bother about love, so stop bothering me about it,” Minseok ended the discussion.

 

 

Hyerin was under more distress as the day passed into night. Minseok was nowhere to be seen at the dinner table, leaving the young missus with the in-laws who had the previous week been known to her only as Chairman Kim and Mistress Kim. She was definitely not comfortable, feeling some pressure from the silence. “How was school today?” Mr. Kim asked. “Now, dear, you make her sound like a child,” Mrs. Kim corrected him.

“Well, she’s going back to school as a married woman. I’m pretty sure there are some changes,” he explained.

“Nothing much has changed, father-in-law,” Hyerin answered politely.

“Please, call me ahbeoji,” he corrected her with a smile. “Neh, ahbeoji,” she complied.

 

Being the polite girl that she was, she didn’t leave the table even after dinner. Desserts and coffee was brought out and she stayed longer at the table. She didn’t feel like she could leave the table either. Finally, Minseok returned home and greeted everyone at the table. His mother was glaring at him angrily. Hyerin was less relieved than she was fuming, but she tried to hide her emotions from exploding on her face. “You’re late,” his father stated sternly, “You left Hyerin alone to dine with us.”

“I’m sorry,” Minseok apologized.

“Luckily Hyerin is a polite enough to entertain our conversations throughout the night,” their father complimented. “I’m sure you are tired, dear,” he said to Hyerin, “Go on up and rest.” Hyerin smiled and excused herself from the table before sending Minseok a short glare.

After Hyerin left the table, the master addressed his son. “I’m sure you have eaten dinner,” he started. The son looked down quietly. “Spend some more time with your wife. She’s new to the family so you need to help her feel welcomed here, not leaving her in the care of our butler,” he reprimanded. After a short silence, he continued, “Even if you don’t want to love her, you have to honor her as your wife. The men of the Kim household will not be a disgrace to society so you’d better not be one, do you hear me? I will not allow your ignorance to shame our family.”

“Neh, ahbeoji,” he replied softly.

“Now go and see to your wife. Make it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter