Chapter 3

Gone 너만 없다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan walked into the lounge just as Minseok puts on his lab coat. “Let’s go. We’re late,” Minseok said wearily to his friend. Luhan closed his mouth and quickly put on his coat. During the routine checkups, Luhan could tell that Minseok was worn out. Lunch break came around and then interns left for lunch, except for the best friends.

“Hey,” Luhan looked at his pale friend, “Are you ok? Did you… Did it… relapse?”

Minseok looked back at his friend and gave a slight smile, “No, I’m fine.”

“Is it… about Friday?” Luhan asked and Minseok gave a solemn nod.

“Dude, I just want to say ‘Thank you’,” Luhan told Minseok with his arm on the friend’s shoulder. “If not for you, we wouldn’t… I’m sorry for being angry with you.”

“It’s nothing,” Minseok replied, “Did you and Jungah work it out?” Luhan nodded with a smile, “Jungah told me and I ran over straight away. We plan on getting married in a month.”

“That’s two week after us,” Minseok mumbled.

“Dude, talk to me. Something obviously up.”

Minseok sighed, “Chingu-yah, what am I going to do?”

Luhan looked at his friend sympathetically, “Are you talking about the wedding?”

A strong frown formed on Minseok’s face. “What am I going to do, Han? I just dragged an innocent girl into my life.” He buried his face in his hands.

Luhan was lost. “What are talking about?”

“I don’t love her. I chose her because she needs to marry to continue dancing.” Luhan didn’t know what to say. “She doesn’t love me. I don’t even love her that I can have any selfishness to hold on to her. And I don’t want to.”

“You can start,” Luhan suggested, “And then do what you said: make her fall for you.”

“But I don’t want to!” Minseok replied with frustration. “I don’t want to fall in love with her and I definitely don’t want her to fall for me. You know why, Han. I shouldn’t even be married.”

“You know what’s the greatest way to die?” Minseok glared at him and Luhan just continued, “Having lived a life of love.” Minseok stared at the floor. Luhan was probably right.

A female intern walked into the lounge. “What did you do to the girl who just left?” The two looked up at her. “Who?” “The girl who was crying,” the intern answered. The friends looked at each other in confusion and got up. They walked on through the corridor. Their eyes widened when they saw the figure. “. Is that-“ “Hyerin-ah!” Minseok called out impulsively.

The figure stopped before her steps

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter