Chapter nine

The Hwang Twins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A yawn escaped Joona's lips as she walked out of her classroom for the last time of the day. 

After she had briefly managed to talk to Jessica about giving back the school uniform to her and then gotten a "no way, keep it yourself I could just buy a new one unlike someone else here" Joona snuck back to her classroom. She didn't really know if she would feel thankful or what despite the way Jessica said it. Reality was that she wouldn't be able to afford a new uniform, she was burning a big hole in her dads pocket when she bought the uniform the first time. She wouldn't want to ever do that again. 

Everyone were still talking about the prime minister visiting their school and about how elite they must be. It was so easy to boost these kids confidence, so easy to turn them into cocky and ungrateful kids. 

Joona walked past the long corridor and to her relief everyone were still talking about the prime minister's visit and were not paying her any attention. 

...at least until she arrived at the doors. 

Lee Jaebum just had to stand there, leaning against the wall as if he had been awaiting her. 

As soon as he saw her, his lips curled into that well known  smirk that made Joona want to throw up. 

But he didn't open his mouth, he just watched her with that evil smirk of his. She couldn't help but glance at him, what was this guy planning?

"It's really a shame that the prime minister had to see someone like you in our school." 

Joona sighed as she stopped in front of him. Of course, what did she expect? Lee Jaebum was only good at talking this guy. 

"Why don't you just leave this school? But then again if you really leave, who will I be able to make fun of then?" He smirked. 

Joona's eyes focused on the door in front of her, leaving no glances at the guy next to her.

Jaebum started to get annoyed at her lack of attention. 

"Hey, answer me little commoner. It's your duty to do as we, the noble ones ask you of. People like you have no right to say or do anything at all." His voice sounded almost angry. 

Joona turned her head to him, "In which age do you live? Everyone's the same-" 

His snort cut her off. 

"Don't go on about me and you being the same. I could so easily crush your house down to nothing and you wouldn't ever be able to do anything about it. Oh yeah, why don't I do that?"

Joona got taken aback. "What? Don't you dare-" How dared he say something like that. Her dad had worked so hard to get a roof on top of her and her brother's head, people like him would never be able to understand that. 

Jaebum seemed amused at her reaction. 

"Oh so now you talk? I wonder how much you will talk when-" 

"Jaebum sshi, Joona sshi."

You both turned your head at the same time. 

That sweet sounding voice, it was no doubt about who it belonged to. 

Tiffany was approaching with a sweet smile and next to her was Myungsoo. They both were walking with a huge crowd after them, as always. 

Joona could feel the admiration radiating from Jaebum next to her. She was like a queen to him. 

"What are you guys up to?" Tiffany asked with what seemed like genuine curiosity. A crowd was standing behind the two twins and all eyes were on you and Jaebum. 

"Walking home together?" Myungsoo flashed a soft smile. 

But to Joona his smile was something else. Instead of that playful tone everyone else heard she saw a sneaky smile. There was something behind that smile, behind that tone. Was he making fun of her?? 

She really tried to not show it but she grimaced. Not many people knew about this but Joona actually had a short temper. On top of that she was very attentive which probably wasn't a very good match. 

"W-we were just talking about h-how wonderful you are, T-t-tiffany." 

It was laughable. 

The macho guy Jaebum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter