Chapter 14: Unwanted Answer

One More Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know what’s really bothering me? It’s not that she’s now nearly around, it’s not how you acted so cold to her. BUT—the fact now that just looking at you right now, I already saw the same you years ago, you know what? How I wished you should simply say yes, than looking at you with this facial reaction. And I really don’t want what’s on my mind. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback:

 

(This scene was before the wedding of Jinwoon and Jiyeon)

 

 

Junhee: *smiles to her friend but her eyes were full of sadness* Chukahae!

 

Jinwoon: komawo * hugs her*

 

Junhee: a—are you nervous?*stuttering as she kept her tears to fell down*

 

Jinwoon: Hmm...  A little bit. *as he face his friend with wide smiled on his face* but  I’m really happy

 

Junhee: c-chincha? Do you really want to marry her? Are you sure with this? You know you can---

 

Jinwoon: I’m sure. I’m one hundred ninety nine percent sure. Thank you so much Junhee for you’re support.

 

Junhee: you must really love her right?

 

Jinwoon: Hhmmm… *nodded with smile* I love her; I loved her so much and no words can described how much I love her.

 

End of flashback…

 

Junhee POV:

 

*she was seating on her bed, eyes lock on the window while the rains keeps on falling same as her tears in eyes.*

 

And again. Even it’s only a part of a memory, it keeps on hurting me. It’s hurting me on the extent knowing that even Jinwoon was in me, I always felt that his heart never belongs to me.

 

Maybe I’m the first person Jinwoon met, but he fell with her. From the woman who seems to far different with me. I’m the first person who cared from him, but he doesn’t saw it. I’m the first person who truly love him ever since, but he never saw it.

 

I hate the fact that he fell in love with Jiyeon, even how much I put effort for him to fall in me. I’m always failed; I’m always failed for him to notice me.

 

Junhee: Jinwoon, you like this right? *she gives apples*

 

Jinwoon: Yeah, Komawo.

 

Jiyeon: *hide her cupcakes on her back; the moment she saw Jinwoon and Junhee looks happy*

 

Jinwoon: *looks at Jiyeon* oh. Ji! You’re here! What’s that?

 

Jiyeon: Ani. *shook her head*

 

Jinwoon: *went near to her*

 

Jiyeon: Yah! It’s nothing!

 

Jinwoon: woahh! Cupcakes? *looks really amazed*

 

Junhee: Jinuah doesn’t like sweets Jiyeon, he didn’t eat cup---*her one eye brow raising, she said in confidence but her reaction changes once she saw Jinwoon with unbearable happiness*

 

Jinwoon: I like this! Komawo Ji! I’m going to eat this *put the apples in the side, and eat the cupcakes instead*

 

And even he didn’t like something; but when it comes from Jiyeon he always accepts it with a sweet and unbearable smile in his face. Jiyeon never failed him to notice her.

 

Junhee: you’re mean Jin, why you do that?

 

Jinwoon: what? *acts innocent*

 

Junhee: why you didn’t open the door to Jiyeon? You always been like that to her, teasing her as always

 

Jinwoon: *laughs* coz I love when I see her mad. *there was an unexplainable happiness in his face*

 

That’s why even from the start I hate her. Jinwoon never did those stupid things of bullying her just to get her attention at all.

 

Junhee: I want to say something to you,

 

Jinwoon: me too!

 

Junhee: okay you first, what’s that?

 

Jinwoon: I’m in love with Jiyeon.

 

Junhee: Deh? *as she was hurt from what he said*

 

 

I hate her how she ruin everything. I hater her so much on how she snatch Jinwoon away from me. I will never forgive her, And even  now she’s back, I don’t let her ruin again what’s mine.

 

I’m going to fight; even the one I’m fighting for was--- never fight for me back…

 

---

 

At the house (where Jiyeon and Jinwoon was)

 

 

Jiyeon didn’t realize that there were tears fell in her eyes, she just stared blankly with him, even she; she doesn’t know how to answer everything.  

 

Still eyes lock to him, she open as she was ready to spill those answers he waited for her for about three years.

 

 

Jinwoon: *looks at her like waiting for her answer*

 

Jiyeon: *still in shocked, her eyes were still on him, almost gaping mouth*

 

Another silence…

 

Wind blowing…

 

Rains pour outside…

 

Jinwoon patiently wait for her to answer, but Jiyeon didn’t say anything, she simply looks at him with those eyes crying, like--- her eyes telling a story, but was in triumph shut.

 

Jinwoon just closed his the moment he saw Jiyeon in this state, knowing Jiyeon for a long time, and being the same Jinwoon, although he hides what he really felt, he can’t accept the fact that he really doesn’t want to see Jiyeon getting her hard time as always.

 

Jiyeon: *crying, she looks down to hide those tears* I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry for running away, I didn’t mean that. Mianhe Jin * lowered her head as she was crying*

 

Jinwoon: didn’t you love me? That’s why you run away coz you don’t loved me? That’s it? That’s why you kept on saying sorry? *hatred and pain*

 

Jiyeon: NO! *she screams as her eyes were in tears* God knows how much I loved you Jin!!

 

Jinwoon: THEN WHY YOU RUN? WHY YOU NEED TO LEAVE ME? *he shouted, his voice echoed on the entire room as he let those tears fell in his own eyes* Do you know how I felt? Do you know how much pain I felt from losing you? *tears kept flowing in his eyes* I came up to the point that even to myself, I always fooling myself repeatedly just to tell in my own that you’re just mad at me; it just an only misunderstanding between us. We just came on fight, that’s why you run. But it does not—we didn’t fight! So now, how you do that to me?

 

Jiyeon: *she kept on sobbing like a child, flashes of reality happen in the past kept on running in her head* about three years-- *as she restrained her self from stuttering* it’s because-- *her mind was now in the great battle, images of her taking her medication keeps flshing on her mind* I-I d-did it because *she paused as she shook her head* because---

 

Jinwoon: Gwenchana. *as he wipe his own tears*you don’t have to answer it. It’s okay. Just forget what I asked. *as he looks away* its part of the past now, it’s not important right now. Ka ja! It’s too late let’s sleep. *he stood up and walks away*

 

---

 

Past midnight:

 

Jiyeon stood up from the sofa, even it was already midnight, she cant find  to sleep, she went up and hurriedly look at Jinwoon who was sleeping leaning to the wall, she hurriedly went to his side and stares at him who was in a deep sleep.

 

Jiyeon POV:

 

*Jiyeon touches Jinwoon face, she stared at him with so much loved and pain in her eyes, she hold back her tears as she stared in almost blurred vision of him*

 

I always put courage to say this all to you, but how does it really hard to spill those words from you?  I’m being too much coward; I’m being too much fool.

 

Can you blame me?

 

If I don’t have a piece of courage to spill those words, coz it might be the words that make you break even more? And hurting you was THE LAST THING I really wanted to do to you.

 

That’s how much I loved you.

 

But it’s too late; I’ve already hurt you right? That’s why I don’t want to add pain for you.

 

*She touches his face even more as she examines every part of his face*

 

Can I be a little pathetic right now?

 

Wanting you to come back were not that easy, but—I really want you to come back, not because you know what’s the truth behind, but because, YOU FORGIVE ME. You forgive me coz you mean it and not because you find out the truth.

 

Am I being so hypocrite?

 

There’s no way for you to forgive me, BUT—just like before, I want you to forgive me even more.

 

*then her tears started to flow like a rain, she kept on silent sob putting her one hand on to avoid any sound. She let her tears flows nonstop, she kept on crying like her own tears were not faded on her eyes but rather flows like a falls*

 

Jiyeon: mianhe. Mianhe. *still crying* I’m so sorry, *cries as hard as she put her one hand on again* I loved you so much. *she said with all on her sincerity, her eyes become more blur as the tears kept rushing on her cheeks* I loved you Jin. *as she lean closely to him and give him a kiss from his lips, it was light yet emotions over flown from that kiss,*

 

And still leaning her lips with him, her body started to felt weak as her loss consciousness and all went BLANK.

 

---

 

Jinwoon felt something heavy in his body, when he opens his eyes; he was surprised seeing Jiyeon in his arms. His body automatically stiffened, but surprised when he noticed Jiyeon was breathing so heavy than the usual.

 

Jinwoon: *as he lightly taps Jiyeon shoulder to wake her up* Jiyeon! *almost whisper*

 

But his face turns worried when he saw Jiyeon didn’t response but looks paled. He automatically touches her face and found out that Jiyeon was in high fever.

 

Jinwoon: Jiyeon-ah! *as he carried her to the couch*

 

Jinwoon seems worried and started to panicked. As he laid Jiyeon in the couch, he really doesn’t know what to do next.

 

Jiyeon: *she breath heavily with eyebrow twitch, she was sweating so hard as her face was paled*  Mianhe. Mianhe *she kept on whispering as her eyes close*

 

Jinwoon: Jiyeon-ah! *as he touches her face, he was really worried, he stood up but Jiyeon seems awake as she held his hands*

 

Jiyeon: *still her eyes close* hajima! P—please don’t go! *almost stuttering, there’s a beads of sweat in her forehead*

 

Jinwoon: I’ll be back, Ji, I will get some stuff to make your fever low. * Almost whisper, there was a worried tone in his voice*

 

Jinwoon came back with a basin on his hands; he seated to the couch and started to wipe Jiyeon using the handkerchief he has. He stops from wiping her as he put the handkerchief in her head. He stared at jiyeon who was sleeping yet seems disturbed, with a twitch eyebrow of her; Jinwoon patted his hand to Jiyeon’s forehead, making his own way to fade Jiyeon’s twitching of eyebrow.

 

Jinwoon POV:

 

*still his one hand touching Jiyeon forehead*

 

Why my heart skipping a beat like this? Even how many  times I told to myself that I will no longer attached with her, my heart always keep saying the exact opposite. Why being with her was the only thing I wanted?

 

Jiyeon: Jinwoon-ssi. *eyes still close she looks like hallucinating*

 

The moment he called my name gives me a great impact. Ever since she called out to my name, it always gives me unbearable feeling. A happiness that I can’t explain.

 

God knows how much I loved you!

 

 And now, I’m confused, if you really do loved me, why it’s hard to you to tell the reason why?

 

 

Why are you doing this to me?

 

*image of Jiyeon smiling so widely with him*

 

*image of Jiyeon sticking her tongue for him*

 

I didn’t know but thinking of you was enough for me to smile again,  

 

Jiyeon: *as she seems cold*

 

Jinwoon: *covers her blanket*

 

“Don’t you dare to look arraso”

 

“As you wished I wanted too! You’re not even y!”

 

And those memories of yours keep haunting me again.

 

Jinwoon: *he was fixing the blanket when he notices something on Jiyeon’s neck, he look at the necklace with a ring on it*

 

You still keeping this? Wae?

 

I took a heavy deep breath looking at the necklace with the ring—the same ring I gave her when I proposed to her. . I can’t believe until now her keeping this. I thought she already throw this?

 

*flashback*

 

Jiyeon: and this? *pointing the ring in her finger* it’s nothing to me right now! *as she slid the ring in her finger and throws it away*

 

*end of flashback*

 

Jinwoon: *looks at Jiyeon with so much emotion in his eyes*

 

---

 

The next morning:

 

Junhee was walking so fast,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter