03

Love Me, or Kill Me


Baekhyun opened one of his eyes to see Chanyeol was still next to him. His right foot and arm were dangling on the edge of the bed.

'This guy is a pain to be with. Especially when sleeping.' Baekhyun thought as he sat up and stretched.

He looked at the time and saw it was exactly 7 o'clock.

"Perfect." Baekhyun whispered as he got off the bed leaving the tall man behind. He took a quick shower and changed. As he finished getting ready he saw Chanyeol had already woken up.

"When did I get here?" Chanyeol asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"I brought you home with me, you know. Since you passed out at that bar." Baekhyun replied. "You sleep weird."

"Me?"

"Yes you, Park Chanyeol."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol said with a mocking tone.

"Are- are you trying to mock me?" Baekhyun said taken aback.

"No." Chanyeol chuckled. "I don't know what I'm saying."

"Whatever. By the way, you're welcome."

"Welcome for what?"

"For letting you stay for the night. I could've just left you there passed out on the floor."

"Thanks, Baekhyun." Chanyeol grinned.

"Mhmm." Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he walked towards the kitchen and started looking through the fridge to cook some breakfast.

'He really looks like an innocent person when he wakes up.' Baekhyun thought as he cooked the breakfast.

"Thanks for helping me last night." Chanyeol said as he put on his jacket.

"No problem." Baekhyun replied as he noticed Chanyeol was putting on his jacket. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Home."

"You don't want breakfast?"

"I don't want to take up your time."

"No, you don't. Stay and eat something before you leave." Baekhyun insisted.

'You have to stay, I need to learn more information about you.'

"If you say so." Chanyeol smiled as he slid off his jacket and sat down at one of the dinning chairs.

"Good." Baekhyun smiled as he gave Chanyeol some food and watched Chanyeol eat.

"Are you not eating?" Chanyeol asked innocently.

"No, I will. Later."

"Why not now?"

"I don't know. You're an interesting person." Baekhyun replied.

"Ummm...Thanks? I guess." Chanyeol smiled awkwardly.

"So, Chanyeol."

"Yes?"

"How about we know each other more? I mean, we should atleast know each other more, right?"

"I guess you're right." Chanyeol smiled. "What do you want to know about me?"

"Well...Do you have any part time jobs? Like maybe secret jobs or something?"

"No, I've only worked in a bank. What about you?"

'Interesting. If I know him more, I should be able to crack him open.'

"Me? Well, I haven't really been into stable jobs. I only stay if I like it." Baekhyun replied as Chanyeol nodded as he swallowed his food.

As they talked Baekhyun learned a lot about his target. But he stayed professional and didn't get attached to anything personal about Chanyeol. But he sure was an interesting person to know. That was something Baekhyun didn't deny.

"Look at the time." Chanyeol frowned as he checked his phone. "I better get going. Thanks a lot Baekhyun. We should meet up sometime."

"I agree." Baekhyun nodded.

"Here's my number." Chanyeol said as he wrote his number on a piece of paper. "See you." He smiled as he patted Baekhyun's shoulder.

'Task one, complete. Finally got his number.'

'Now, I have to meet up with him somehow.'

.........

"Baekhyun I need you to take down Tao's target, Ok Taecyeon."

"Can't Tao just do it himself?"

"He can't he said, he's too emotional about him. I guess I didn't really listen." Kris said bluntly.

"Fine, whatever. What did this guy even do?"

"He's a dangerous drug dealer. He's been selling that weed for a year now. Tao finally found out about him."

"Took him long enough. I'll do it." Baekhyun said with a nod as he walked out base with his sniper slung on his back.

..........

"Have you located him?" Kris asked through Baekhyun's earpiece.

"Yeah, I see him." Baekhyun replied as he went on one knee and aimed his target.

'One, two, three, shoot.'

*Click*

"Target is down." Baekhyun announced as he watched his target fall onto his knees and bleed.

To Baekhyun, it was a bit strange to him how killing people doesn't really affect him. It just felt natural. He didn't feel slightly guilty. He would only aim, shoot, and leave. Nothing more, nothing less.

As he folded up his tripod and sniper he felt something trickling down his fingertips. It was wet but he couldn't tell what it was. Plus he was wearing finger-less gloves so he didn't feel anything. He did his job in the middle of the night so he wouldn't be spotted. He just ignored the dripping liquid from his hand and left the crime scene.

"Baekhyun? Is that you?" He heard someone say. The owner's voice sounded familiar. He turned around to see it was Chanyeol.

"C-Chanyeol." Baekhyun said as Chanyeol smiled at him as he walked towards the shooter.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing. I just bought a tripod for my camera." Baekhyun lied.

"Oh. Well I was about to get some dinner, would you like some? I'll pay."

"Y-you don't have to."

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun said as his stomach growled. He covered his abdomen hoping the growling would stop while his face turned red from embrarassment.

"You little liar." Chanyeol chuckled as he gripped Baekhyun's hand. "C'mon, I know where we should eat."

"You really don't have to." Baekhyun repeated. "It's not necessary."

"Let me." Chanyeol smiled as he held Baekhyun's other hand and suddenly stopped walking. "Why is your hand wet?"

"What?" Baekhyun asked confused as Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's hand.

"Your hand is bleeding."

"It is?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at the palm of his hand. "Oh, it is." He frowned as he saw pieces of glass stuck on the palm of his hand. "Didn't see that."

"You didn't feel that? Not a tiny bit?"

"No. Is that bad or something?"

"It's strange." Chanyeol replied. "We better get you to a hospital to take those pieces out."

"It's fine. No need."

"Baekhyun, your hand is covered with glass. I'll just take it out myself." The taller man said as he held Baekhyun's other hand and walked towards his car. "We'll be there in a few minutes. It's not far from here."

As Chanyeol drove Baekhyun sat there staring at his ingured hand.

'How did this happen? I've never gotten even a single cut on a mission. Never a scratch. Was there glass where I was?'

..........

"We're here. C'mon hurry." Chanyeol said as he pulled Baekhyun out of the car.

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

"Why? Well what if you bleed to death or something?"

"That's not possible, unless I start panicking and freaking out. Or if the glass is cutting my veins." Baekhyun said as Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun in the bathroom.

Chaneyol quickly took out a small bag that contained tweezers, rubbing alcohol, and a few bandges. He took the tweezers and removed the glass that were sticking out of Baekhyun's gloves. After, he slid off Baekhyun's glove and continued to take out the sharp glass digging into his skin.

While Chanyeol was taking out the bits of glass from his skin he observed Chanyeol. He was so into helping him take out the bits of glass. He was so concentraited, it's like he didn't even blink. 

"This is going to sting a bit." Chanyeol annouced as he poured some alcohol on his wound making Baekhyun cringe and bite his bottom lip in pain. He must not know he was getting hurt. He didn't want to look weak infront of Chanyeol. "There you go." Chanyeol smiled as he wrapped Baekhyun's hand in a bangage.

"Thanks Chanyeol." Baekhyun smiled.

"That's what friends are for." Chanyeol smiled as he patted Baekhyun's shoulder.

'Friends. Huh, such a strange word to use when you know you're going to kill that person.'

-------

sorry for the late update. hope you like this chapter. This chapter mostly has fluff..