Chapter 1

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You are pregnant, Sungjong.”

“Bu-but...no, you cannot be serious, Doctor Han. Today is not an April Fool Day, you know?” Sungjong chuckled in disbelieving; tried to crack a joke though the shocking news that just hit his ear drums seemed didn’t make any sense, not at all. The doctor sighed deeply before said, “I have checked your urine, your blood and your conditions. I cannot be wrong.”

“Then check it again! Make it double!”

“I did. Not only twice, but five times.” Sungjong widened his eyes. What the hell he just heard from the mouth of his doctor?

“Please don’t freak out-”

“Do not freak out? Doctor Han, I’m a boy! A boy did not pregnant! A boy cannot pregnant! A boy doesn’t have uterus, or ovum, or even birth canal! You asked me to calm down? Well, teach me how because I obviously don’t know about it! Dammit!”

“This is not funny anymore,” Sungjong ran his fingers in his hair, pulling it to the back. He laid back on the chair, looking lost. He lost in his own thoughts. A baby, really? A living thing was growing inside him, right now. How about his career? How he was going to sing? To perform? To dance? How he was going to stay as Infinite’s member? What the company would say? All the fans? His parents? The most importantly, whose baby he was carrying? Who was the father?

Sungjong swallowed. His eyes got teary. He was terrified, of everything. He was so, so scared that he could feel like dying. He lifted up his face to look at his super upset manager before he eyes fixed again with Dr. Han’s. “So, wh-what should I do now?”

The doctor gave a small sympathy smile to Sungjong. He did worry for his patient too, and this could be the first case he ever manage a pregnant teen boy.  “Well, I need your medical record history first and find out how you can be pregnant. I mean, I know very well how people get pregnant but I have to do some research about you-”

“Doctor Han, I understand. Please proceed,” Sungjong cut before he went too far. Dr. Han let out an awkward small chuckle, “Good you got what I mean. So, once I have your medical record history, I’ll refer it to a specialist. Don’t worry, you don’t have to go anywhere because we have a specialist here and she’s my very own friend. I’ll make the appointment and we’ll meet her, hmm tomorrow? You can tomorrow?”

Sungjong was hesitated. He looked at the manager and he nodded, still not saying a thing. “To-tomorrow is good,” Sungjong answered. “Great, so it’s tomorrow then.  And...it would be better if you could come with your parents. We needed them there.”

“I’ll make that works,” Sungjong sighed. This was too much for him. His world seemed to freeze in its place. Apparently that meant he passed out because when he woke, he was slouched over in the front seat of the car.

“Gonam hyung.”

“What have you done Sungjong-ah?” he asked with a flat tone. Not sure if he sounded angry, or upset, or worried, or totally cool with that. Heck, who would ever be cool with a member of a Korean boy band being pregnant?

“I-I don’t know,” Sungjong said quietly and that led to another deep sigh from Gonam. Sungjong didn’t speak. He still couldn’t comprehend how this could have happened. “How?” he asked weakly.

Gonam shrugged. “The doctor said it might have been because something that happened before you were born; a lost twin sister or something. The specialist will tell more for sure. That was why he needed your parents to be there tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe they knew something or had been kept something from you, I-I don’t know either Sungjong,” he explained.

Sungjong closed his eyes as he had headache just by listened to Gonam. This was only his manager, one manager (the other two were waiting he knew), not the specialist and other doctors yet and yes, he was sure it was more to come. How could he handled all of this, alone? This was totally unfair. He was pregnant but the person who made him didn’t have to go through the pains he had. That was not fair at all.

“May I ask?” Gonam said. Slowly Sungjong opened his eyes and looked at the guy who talking, “Hmm?”

“If you were really pregnant…man, I’m 99% sure you are pregnant-”

“Gonam hyung, I got it, just say it.”

“Who would be...the father?”

It wasn’t a quick reply. Sungjong took some times and breathe before said, “I don’t know.”

“You gotta be kidding me!”

“I’m serious here hyung, I don’t know myself!”

“Oh wow, you’re unbelievable-”

“So, you’re gonna say I’m some sort of or because of that?”

“Th-that was not I wanted to say-”

“Tch, I know that does gonna happen anyway,” Sungjong rolled his eyes. Gonam pulled the car into the driveway. “Sungjong, if between us was had the right to be angry, that’d be me.” Sungjong scoffed by that.

“What make I can’t? Do you think I planned this? Do-do you think I’m happy? You don’t have any idea how miserable I am right now, inside and outside! How-how confuse and-and feel so, very down and frustrated! It is me who carried a baby inside me, hyung! And I even don’t know who the father is! Don’t you ever think that I’m fine because I really am not!” Sungjong finally burst into tears. He cried hysterically and Gonam can’t help but hugged him, trying his best to calm the crying one down.

After a while, Sungjong seemed has taken a grip of himself. Gonam handed him a tissue so he can wipe the tears away. “I have called the company before and they will have an emergency meeting, with us. I’ll talk about this matter with Jungryul and Hyoan. Now, you pack your belongings, I’ll drive you home, right after the meeting. You understand?”

Sniffing, Sungjong nodded with the instructions given. He has nothing to object. They got out from the car and started walking up to the apartment. Sungjong felt so tired. He really wished he could just lay down on his soft, warm, comfy bed and sleep and when he wakes up later, everything was just a dream. But, that was not going to happen. He still had a long way to go and he was asking for too much. He’ll face his boss and his parents but now, he had to face his hyungs first. Gahh, how tiring today would be!

“I’m home,” greeted Sungjong as he stepped in. Dongwoo was the first person ran to get him, leaving his toys down and also Hoya. “Are you okay?” he asked full of concern. Woohyun walked closer way from kitchen. Hoya just stayed where he was and Sunggyu still got his eyes on telly but his ears were for Sungjong. “I’m-I’m alright,” Sungjong said shuttering.

“How come you are alright when you have been sick for two weeks? Alright? Just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter