final

pinch me

 

 

 

 

 

He stares at the dorm room’s ceiling, still trying to catch his breath. The unbelievable heat has simmered down but adrenaline keeps pumping through his veins, making Chanyeol’s long limbs all fidgety. He can’t believe it.

He just had with Byun Baekhyun.

And he doesn’t know what to do or how he even got to this point—under the sheets, and close to having a mental breakdown while the other boy lay equally beside him. He remembers receiving a simple text message from Baekhyun earlier, inviting him to do their Philo homework together and telling him to grab some snacks on his way to his friend’s dorm.

Somehow they ended up kissing and making out and god, he recalls Baekhyun’s soft cries and gasps, breath hot against his ear as he moves atop him. He barely knew what he was doing, his hands clumsily touching all the skin he can reach. Still, it was amazing. At least he thinks it was.

Except now that they’re done, holy , Baekhyun has yet to speak and the silence is awkward. And they’ve never been awkward. Ever. He isn’t sure of what to say. He has always secretly wanted him but does Baekhyun feel the same? The pinpricks of worry start attacking his stomach and then they grow into painful jabs to his gut.

What’s Baekhyun thinking? What’s going to happen after this? Will their friendship change? Or will they pretend that nothing happened? Will they still laugh loudly in the corridors and share bad cafeteria food and get ice cream every other afternoon and—Baekhyun, just please say something now?

The silence lengthens. He has to go. It’s nearing midnight and he’s going to miss his own dorm’s curfew. Chanyeol hesitates to move because what if this was the last time this was ever going to happen?

Then can he, maybe, hold Baekhyun for just little while longer?

Chanyeol turns his head and sees the other boy’s dazed expression. Then he watches Baekhyun’s brows knot and on instinct—just like the thousands of millions of times before when he sees him troubled—he shifts on his side and asks him, “Baek, are you okay?”

The shorter boy slowly faces him and there’s a mark on his bare shoulder, a mark Chanyeol remembers to have put there when Baekhyun touched him earlier. He can feel the rush again, making him forget everything except for Byun Baekhyun’s eyes.

He’s so very beautiful, Chanyeol thinks. And right now he’s with me.

Can somebody pinch him please?

Because this only ever happens in his dreams.








He’s staring at the cracks on his room’s ceiling, thoughts running wildly in his head. His poor heart has yet to recover and though his body feels pleasantly heavy and sated, he still feels high.

He just had with Park Chanyeol.

Oh crap, what did they just do? This wasn’t—This was never in the plan. He just invited Chanyeol so he can copy the taller boy’s answer to their Philo homework and get free snacks. Everything was fine, he was more than halfway through his work but then he heard his friend complain about a problem and when he looked up, that pout on the other boy’s lips looked so—it was so… The next thing he knew they were kissing and he was clutching Chanyeol to him as if he’d die if he doesn't pull him close.

Well, he’s exaggerating, maybe.

He steals a glance at Chanyeol and he looks out of it. Baekhyun’s so nervous. The younger boy’s quiet. They’re both so quiet and that never happens. Was he regretting it? Well, it’s too late for that, isn’t it?

Even now Baekhyun can still recall Chanyeol’s lips grazing his skin and the way the muscles of Chanyeol’s stomach contract every time he planted a kiss there. Baekhyun’s gaze gets drawn to Chanyeol’s unruly dark hair, almost smiling at the thought that those tangles were his own handiwork. His eyes travel to his friend’s flushed cheeks to the cute bump on his nose, to that lower lip trapped in between his perfect teeth, absently wanting for his own to be the one doing it. He shakes his head and he starts because oh , really, !

He realizes that he’s in bed with Chanyeol, the same boy he gave wedgies to back in fourth grade. And it’s so scary because he knows him, they’ve been best friends forever but he feels no regret. It sounds ridiculous and cheesy but the past hour was just magic.

Yet there’s still silence and doubts crawl uncomfortably up his spine.

A few moments more and he hears the ruffling of sheets and his friend’s deep baritone, asking him huskily, “Baek, are you okay?”

He turns to him and their eyes meet. “Yeah,” he answers and he wants to wince at how breathless he sounds.

“Are you sure?”

I’m not. “Yeah. You?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol croaks. He clears his throat. “I should get going.”

“Yeah.” Baekhyun’s hand grips tightly on the bed covers.

“Past midnight and all,” his friend stutters.

“Yeah.” He sounds stupid but he’s afraid that he’ll ask Chanyeol to stay if he opens his mouth more than is necessary. Or worse, kiss him again. “I’ll see you Thursday?”

“Yeah. So I’m just—“ Chanyeol stands up and quickly puts on his clothes, hopping about Baekhyun’s room. He would have laughed but he’s too busy burying his embarrassment to the pits of hell and honestly, his kind of hurts every time he moves so.

He feels insides drop though when his best friend finishes dressing up and he’s collecting his (unfinished) homework from the desk. Chanyeol’s leaving and why the hell does he feel so depressed all of a sudden? Baekhyun closes his eyes, sparing himself the sight of the clumsy boy going out the door.

He opens them in surprise though when he feels a pair of soft lips touch his forehead. His gaze finds Chanyeol’s startled ones. But then he’s suddenly gone, leaving Baekhyun with the memory of that ridiculously chaste kiss.

His heart thumps hard and somersaults.

Can somebody pinch him please?

Because he feels like he’s falling in love.








Thursday morning.

Chanyeol looks worriedly at his watch. Baekhyun’s late for their shared class. Well, there’re still a few minutes before it starts but the other boy always comes in early, bearing iced coffee and a bright smile for Chanyeol. He feels uneasy and wonders if this has to do with what happened the other night.

He feels a blush heating up his large ears and fights to stop it from covering his whole face. He can’t stop thinking about it. Anything and everything reminds him of that short time Baekhyun was in his arms. It’s probably crazy of him to keep on thinking that way about his best friend, the same boy who pulled on his underwear since they were kids. But he can’t help it.

He admits he’s insane about him and no matter how much he’s tried to keep it under wraps, it’s obvious that he can’t stop it. Not when Baekhyun is as perfect as he is. His best friend is perfectly dumb, perfectly dictatorial, perfectly sassy and—Chanyeol’s hopelessly in love with him.

The class starts and the chair beside him remains empty. Chanyeol grabs his bag and has half a mind to go and find Baekhyun but he feels his phone vibrate in his pockets, so he settles back down and reads the message.

[From: baekpuppy]
I have fever (⌣́_⌣̀)

It’s really too bad of him but he feels relieved to know that Baekhyun’s sick and probably bedridden so he can’t go to class. The knowledge eases the tension in his chest from thinking that his best friend doesn’t want to see him and is avoiding him.

I miss you. I waited and waited for you to walk through the door, he wants to say. Except, that sounds creepy so he replies with a simple message (but perhaps he put a little too much smiley on.)

[From: baekpuppy]
Why do you sound happy. (˘_˘٥)

He answers him with a capslocked denial and promises him that he’ll be there after class to bring soup. Chanyeol can’t stop the grin splitting his face in half, a smile so wide, his cheeks hurt. He hears Mr. Kim clear his throat and look pointedly at his phone so he keeps it.

The class gets boring. Everything is boring without Baekhyun snickering at Mr. Kim’s center-parted hair. He’s close to falling asleep during the lecture. He sighs. A few hours more before he can see his best friend. He looks down at his notes and his heart slams in his chest when he sees Baekhyun’s exaggerated doodle of Chanyeol’s ears.

It doesn’t even have a connection to anything. It was simply a part of Baekhyun. His mind blanks out because what does he say? How does he act? When he sees him, what does he do? Baekhyun sounds normal in his messages… as if nothing happened.

Did Baekhyun choose to forget that night?

Suddenly, he can’t wait for a few more hours. He has to know now. He stands and ignores the surprised glances from his classmates and his professor. He mumbles an excuse and doesn’t wait for Mr. Kim’s reply before he’s running out the door towards Baekhyun’s dorm.

He has to know what Baekhyun thinks. And Baekhyun has to know what he feels.

There’s no point in keeping it in any longer. He’ll take the risk because what if Baekhyun’s in love with him, too? That those kisses also meant something to him? Perhaps, it’s ew but, what if they can be more than ‘friends forever’?

They’d share more than ice cream and chips and homework.

To share more than forever together, wouldn’t that be nice?








[From: dumbyeol]
That’s too bad.
Poor Baekkie. (⌣́_⌣̀)\(˘⌣˘ )

He huffs and sends another message.

[From: dumbyeol]
I AM NOT. OKAY. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Just rest and I’ll come by laturrrr.

His head feels like a thousand elephants were stomping on it yet he smiles. Baekhyun sneezes, body curling painfully before it relaxes and he slumps back on his bed. He hates this. He’d rather die coughing than having the colds and snot running down his nose. He lifts his hands to his cheeks and everything feels swollen.

Also, all that preparation going to waste, he thinks, disappointed. He looks at all the crumpled pieces of paper on his desk; countless of speeches written for Park Chanyeol. Some of them read as if that night didn’t happen, some brushing it off as if it’s not important. Others were of Baekhyun convincing Chanyeol to forget and one final draft of him saying I love you.

For it’s useless to deny that he loves his idiot of a best friend when he is all of Baekhyun’s dreams come true. They’ve been together since forever but Baekhyun wants more of forever with him.

He confesses he was scared when Chanyeol left. He fears screwing up what they have when it’s already so special. He has liked him for the last three years, but he already gave up on him and Chanyeol being together. He didn’t think it could ever be real.

But it’s different now. Because Baekhyun remembers when they were so close he couldn’t breathe but it felt right. They didn’t know what goes where, scarcely knew when to move and when to stop but it ended perfectly. The feeling was too strong; Chanyeol must have felt it, too.

And if he didn’t, what then?

Then Baekhyun will make him feel it again. He has enough love inside him to last at least a few rounds in one night anyway. He laughs at himself. What is he even thinking?

He feels sticky all over but he’s too tired and weak to get up and fix himself. Besides, Chanyeol won’t be there for a few hours so he has time for a nap. His eyelids droop and his mind is filled with thoughts of the other boy’s wide grins and his disgustingly tall frame. He’s about to drift off when he hears someone knocking frantically on his door.

Who can that idiot be? He groans. Baekhyun moves to stand and walk sluggishly towards the narrow doorway. He’s frowning when he opens the door but it’s replaced by a surprised drop of his jaw when he’s enveloped into long arms and gathered into a warm chest.

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for it to happen,” Chanyeol says against his hair, slightly panting from having run several blocks to get there. “For the other night, I’m so sorry.”

His best friend’s words finally seep into his confused brain. Chanyeol’s saying sorry? He didn’t mean for it to happen? He’s regretting it?

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol keeps on repeating and Baekhyun’s wants to kick him in the balls.

Stop saying you’re sorry, you , he wants to shout but he chokes on the tears he refuses to fall. But Chanyeol doesn’t stop. He just said he’ll make Chanyeol feel that feeling again but it looks like he can’t. He hears something break. Oh, look, it’s his stupid heart on the floor.

“Get off me,” he manages to say, pushing his best friend’s arms away.

Chanyeol’s hold only tightens. “I was bored in class. I almost fell asleep because a dork decided to have a fever today.”

“Well, I'm sorry I wasn’t there to entertain you,” he replies a tad bitterly. He still tries to pull away butdamnit, since when was Chanyeol this strong? He’s contemplating giving him a wedgie, his hands can definitely reach inside his pants but Chanyeol abruptly lifts him up and deposits him on the bed.

Then the giant oaf is on top of him and it’s just like two nights ago.


“The light hit your face and you’re so beautiful that it made me want to kiss you so bad,” Chanyeol whispers and Baekhyun freezes.

“What?”

“I didn’t mean for it to happen it’s just—how can I resist when you kissed me back?” The taller male rests his forehead against Baekhyun’s. “I hope this doesn’t scare you but I’ve been thinking about you all the time and, Baek, I’d want us to be… I’m not afraid to say it. I’d die if I don’t say it,” Chanyeol says the last part as if he was talking to himself and Baekhyun wants to kick him in the balls again because he’s not making any sense.

“Baek, I love you. There. I’d have wanted to write a poem or I could have worded this better but—I love you. I do.”

“I hate you,” Baekhyun answers, annoyed. He hits Chanyeol’s shoulder with a palm, although there isn’t much force in it. “Ugh, I hate you.”

Chanyeol looks crestfallen and the older boy thinks he deserves to feel miserable for the scare he gave Baekhyun a few seconds ago.

“How dare you say sorry?” he says and it doesn’t sound as stern as he would’ve liked for his lips are trembling, he’s trembling. He wraps his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and yanks him down atop him. The younger man gives out a yelp in surprise. Baekhyun ignores it and traps Chanyeol’s waist with his woefully short legs. It’s uncomfortable but he wants to be close for this. “That night was perfect. It was a great night. The best night.”

“Baek?” Chanyeol murmurs against his neck.

“There’s no need for poems or whatever. I love you. Just be you. And I’ll be me. Although, me is very noisy and bossy and I talk too much and I don’t stop and you would have to always feed me or shake me to shut me up and—“

“Yeah.” Chanyeol cuts him off with a kiss.

And it’s there again, that magical feeling and the way Chanyeol’s heart beats against Baekhyun tells him that his best friend feels it as well. He has a fever (with the way their tongues are moving, Chanyeol’s not far from having one, too) and he’s about to sneeze all over his best friend—his boyfriend. But he holds it back for a little bit longer.

A forever and more of this is definitely nice.
 

 

 

 
 
 
- LOL WHAT
- OMFG I TOTATLLY ERASED THE FIRST 2 PARAGRAPHS LMAO (edited)