Chapter 14

Goodbye Autumn

Chapter 14

 

If there was anything more awkward than this situation, please put me there instead because this situation was pretty awkward. I was standing there in front of Seung Ho with Chen standing a few feet behind me still in view mode. The way Seung Ho looked at me made me feel really uncomfortable, as if he was suspecting something between me and Chen, which there wasn't anything. I had to figure out what to say to make things move along, but I only felt my voice in the back of my throat, choking to stay in. I hated this feeling. I somehow felt guilty, but for what? No one knows. Even I didn't understand why I felt guilty. I didn't do something wrong, did I?

"Ga Eul?" Seung Ho finally spke, breaking the silence between the three of us.

"Yoo Seung Ho..." I managed to say something even in this awkward situation. "What... Why... Why are you here?"

"I-I should be asking you the same thing." Seung Ho's eyes looked upset and it kind of made me feel bad. "Was I interrupting something here?"

I looked over at Chen and saw that he had his signature blank face on. This probably meant that he wasn't going to speak whether or not the question was going to be directed towards him or me.

"No, you weren't interrupting us." I shook my head and walked towards Seung Ho. "He had my phone because I dropped it the other day and he happened to find it, so he was only returning it to me."

"That's why you weren't answering any of my calls yesterday, huh?" Seung Ho looked convinced so it made me feel better. "I thought you were ignoring me or something."

"No..." I shook my head again and smiled to assure him.

Just as I was going to say something more to Seung Ho, I saw Chen walk right passed us without saying anything. His figure disappeared down the hallway and for some reason, I felt a little disappointed. How does he just walk off without any words and leave with such a big impression at the same time? I was never going to understand this Chen.

"About the dinner with my parents, do you think we can do it tomorrow night after school?" Seung Ho asked me as he took me out of my thoughts about Chen. "I talked to them after our date and they said they'd like to meet you as soon as possible and I guess tomorrow night is the only time where they'll be free."

I looked up at Seung Ho, feeling more than nervous. "W-what? A-already? Tomorrow night?" I was only nervous because I wasn't prepared for it. How could I be prepared within a day?

"You'll be fine." Seung Ho placed his hands onto my shoulders. "They already seem to like you so when they meet you, they'll love you."

"Oh god." I started to fan myself dramatically even though it wasn't hot. "Are you... Are you sure? I mean, it's tomorrow night. Don't you think it's a little too-"

"Choi Ga Eul." He looked at me in the eye and shook me a little with a small chuckle. "You will be fine. I promise you. My parents aren't scary; they're very loving so you'll get along with them fine."

I blew out a sigh and looked down at my hands, wondering how I was going to do it. Just as I was thinking about it, I felt Seung Ho lift my face up to look at him. He was staring at me so kindly and it made me smile automatically. He suddenly started to lean in towards me, but I stood there frozen since I didn't know if I should let him kiss me or not. I didn't know if I should close my eyes either because what if he didn't kiss me? What would I have done? It would have been embarrassing and I would-

Seung Ho's lips suddenly pressed against mine and I froze. We... We were kissing. I looked at him and saw that his eyes were closed. My body felt stiff and unable to move. I finally closed my eyes and kissed him back without too much pressure between our lips. With that, Seung Ho's hands started to cup my face and he started to move his lips against mine. His kiss was so tender and sweet, as if he wanted to kiss me a little harder, but he had to stop himself from doing so. I was so intrigued by his kiss that we didn't even realize that there was someone watching us. They had to cough a few times before we finally pulled away from each other.

Park Ji Min.

"Oh... Sorry Ji Min." Seung Ho scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I didn't know that you were there..."

"Sorry to interrupt your little session here..." Ji Min coughed into his fist and looked to the side awkwardly. "But uh... Ga Eul, I need something from you."

"W-what?" I looked at him wide-eyed, kind of embarrassed that he just witnessed me and Seung Ho kissing. "What did you need?"

"Just come with." Ji Min grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Seung Ho, who was now smiling at me.

When we were in the front of the school, Ji Min yanked me in front of him so I was now facing him. I felt kind of embarrassed from what had just happened so I couldn't really make any eye contact with him. I knew, for some reason, Ji Min was upset. I could just tell by the vibe that we surrounded between the two of us and it made me even more embarrassed at my actions.

"You... What... What were you thinking?" Ji Min ran a hand through his hair. "You... Are you two dating? Officially?"

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Are you going to date him? Yoo Seung Ho? Ga Eul, are you?" Ji Min pestered me as he whispered this loud enough for only the two of us to hear.

"O-of course." I answered immediately even though it sounded like I was hesitating. "Why would you ask me that question?"

"If  I didn't hear wrong, I overheard you two talking about how you and Seung Ho are going to a dinner with his parents?" Ji Min crossed his arms and gave me a stern look. "Do you know what this means? This whole situation?"

I honestly didn't. Or at least I didn't know what Ji Min was referring to, so to answer his question, I shook my head and he literally face palmed himself. He looked at me again and shook his head, but I couldn't read his facial expression this time. Was he upset? Disappointed? Annoyed? All of those?

"Be careful, Ga Eul. I understand that you like Seung Ho a lot and you want to be with him and date him and meet his parents and-"

"Ji Min." I had to stop him because he was rambling so fast. "Calm down."

"No, you don't get it." Ji Min looked behind himself as if he felt like someone was watching us. "You're going to hurt him."

"And how will I do that? Other than... You know what." I said more quieter.

"I saw you Saturday night." He bit his lip and closed his eyes for a few seconds before looking back at me. "With Chen..." He whispered.

My eyes widened. "WHAT?!"

Ji Min slapped his hands onto my mouth. "Why are you being so loud?!" He yelled back just as loud.

I threw Ji Min's hands off of me. "What... What do you mean? Skateboarding right?"

"What? You two went skateboarding together too? Ga Eul!" He shook his head. "Forget it. Did you forget that Jae Kyung and I had a date?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't tell me you had forgotten we were going to the movies."

"Oh no..." I shook my head and slapped my hands over my mouth. "W-what?"

"Wait." Ji Min held his hands out in front of me, as if he was going to stop me from doing something. "Why are you even hiding something like this from me and Jae Kyung? I don't believe-"

"Stop it." I covered his mouth with my hands. "This conversation ends here right now."

"Why? I'm not done talking!" He muffled through my hand. "I still have a lot to say!"

"Then this will be said at home... After school..." I looked around behind Ji Min hoping that no one had overheard our conversation since our voices started getting louder. "You never know who may be listening."

I took my hands off of Ji Min's mouth and watched him wipe it like it was infested with something disgusting. I shook my head at him before socking him in the arm for acting like a child. We looked at each other, signaling that we'd keep this conversation closed until we get home.

 

 

I was leaning against my bedroom door while Jae Kyung and Ji Min were both sitting on my bed facing each other, forgetting I was there once again. I shook my head and decided to go sit down at my desk until they want to notice me. After a few minutes of them bickering at each other about who knows what, they finally turned their attention towards me. I was still shocked to know that they had spotted me and Chen at the movies, but how could I be so stupid to forget that they were going to be at the movies that night? I mentally hit myself for the billionth time.

"When were you going to tell us that you went to the movies with Chen?" Jae Kyung asked as she turned her body to face me. "Ji Min and I were going to keep quiet, but I guess he let it out before it could be stopped." She glared at him and then looked back at me. "So?"

"Oh, don't forget, Jae Kyung, I spotted Seung Ho and her having their first kiss together today. If I'd comment, it was quite the romantic scene, but just not the whole 'it was inside the school' part." Ji Min smirked at me, as if he was happy to see that he knew about it.

"Shut up." I glared at Ji Min.

"Wait. You and Seung Ho kissed? What the hell?" Jae Kyung raised her arms up in the air with annoyance. "Oh my goodness. Were you going to keep this from me too?"

"Yah. You two act like I wasn't going to ever say anything." I rolled my eyes at them. They were acting as if they were my parents, always nagging me and asking me what I was doing. "Do I not have any privacy at all?"

Jae Kyung blew out a sigh and ran a hand through her long black hair before looking back at me. "Look, I don't care if you and Yoo Seung Ho kissed, but seeing that you didn't tell us that you were going to be with Chen Saturday...? Don't you think that it seems like you're trying to keep it from us?"

I scoffed unknowingly. "Oh come on, you two. I didn't know that I had to tell you two who I'd be with that day."

"That's not our point, I guess. Jae Kyung put it in the wrong way. What we were trying to say was, why did you try to hide the fact that you were going to be Chen that day? Wait... Does that even make sense?" Ji Min slapped himself and groaned into his hand. "We're not saying that what you did was wrong, but we just wanted to know what made you feel like you shouldn't have said anything."

Ji Min and Jae Kyung had a good point and I couldn't blame them. I was trying to keep that from them, but I honestly didn't know why so I couldn't really say anything to them even if I wanted to. I looked up at them after contemplating with my thoughts and saw that they were patiently waiting for me to say something. They didn't look hurt or annoyed, but I know they were curious to what I was thinking. How could I, their best friend, keep something so little from them but make it such a big deal out of it? I think I was starting to go a little crazy.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head as I finally spoke. "Look, it's just... I... Don't you guys see how weird it'd be if I told you all that I was going to meet up with Chen? I-"

"You were actually going to meet up with him?" Jae Kyung raised her eyebrow at me as she cut me off.

"Shhh, Jae Kyung, she's telling us what she needs to say!" Ji Min clasped his hand over Jae Kyung's mouth from talking.

"Thanks Ji Min." I chuckled. "But anyway, I wasn't even actually planning to meet up with Chen. I just went there out of me wanting to skateboard." Okay, so I kind of lied, but I wasn't going to tell them that part. "And we happened to meet there. See? It wasn't like I went there because I knew or he knew I was coming or anything." I mentally hit myself for telling white lies to my best friends. "From there, we just talked and I asked if he wanted to go see a movie so we went..." I shrugged. "It was nothing like a date or anything."

"Then why did the two of you go to the cafe after?" Jae Kyung raised her eyebrow at me once again.

"Oh my god." I hit my forehead with my palm. "Do not tell me the two of you freaking stalked us that night!"

"No..." Ji Min shrugged. "That's not the point."

"Then what is it now?" I crossed my arms and stared at them.

"Why does it seem like you're keeping this a secret? Like... You're cheating on Seung Ho?" Ji Min coughed awkwardly. "I'm not saying you're cheating on him because the two of you aren't even dating, but doesn't it seem like you went behind his back?"

"What? I can't be friends with Chen?" It was unbelievable how they were making me feel.

"No, that's not what I meant." Ji Min shook his head.

"Then what?!" I raised my voice. "What is the freaking point?!"

"Do you-"

"Do you like Chen?" Jae Kyung cut off Ji Min from asking the question.

I looked at Jae Kyung and froze in place. D-do I like Chen?

 

 


 

**A/N: Chen's OST came out yesterday and I'm addicted! Keke~~ I can listen to him all day, every day! And!!! D.O's drama also came out yesterday KST! So happy and exciting! Anyways, this chapter is short as heck and I wasn't really satisfied with it as much as I wanted to, but uh... Enjoy the update! Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah