Chapter 13

Goodbye Autumn

Chapter 13

 

I took Chen to watch the same movie I watched with Yoo Seung Ho just yesterday. No matter how much I didn't want to admit it, it was stupid of me to take him to the same movie, but no one had to know. I had a reason to why I had brought him here and I was going to stick to my secret plan that I had came up with in a matter of minutes. Watching this movie with Chen felt a little more different than watching this with Seung Ho. I was nervous with Seung Ho, maybe because it was a date - I don't know - but now that I was with Chen, I honestly felt kind of comfortable. I wasn't nervous about anything.

During the movie, I peeked over at Chen a few times, curious to how he was reacting to the movie. I don't know if he noticed me staring, but whenever I looked over, I could only see that his eyes were glued onto the screen and he looked kind of... bored. I mentally hit myself. I took him to a boring movie and now he was probalby going to hate me even more than he already does. I shook my head as I leaned in towards my palm. I was going to have to explain to him why I took him here, but I was sure he wouldn't even care. 

Chen and I made our way outside of the cinema after the movie had ended. I awkwardly stood on the sidewalk and looked down at my skateboard that I was still holding onto. There was not much to do now that the movie was over. Chen was standing beside me quietly, making me wonder what he was thinking. Since I was so curious, I finally made myself turn my head and look over at him. His attention was turned towards the front like always.

"So... Umm... Did... Did you like the movie?" I asked awkwardly.

Chen looked over at me with a stern look and no reply.

"I'm sorry if it was boring." I looked away from him and looked ahead of myself. "I... I just wanted to see how good the movie was since I've been hearing a lot of people talk about it."

Still, Chen gave me no answer and we sat in silence. The dreading silence was killing me... Literally.

I looked down at my watch and sighed. "It's getting late. I have to-"

"Are you hungry?" His sudden question took me by surprise.

"W-what?"

"The cafe down the street is still opened." He pointed in the direction of the cafe. "I heard they have good coffee."

"I... I don't drink coffee this late at night though..." I answered looking at the time. It was nearing nine o'clock. "If you want to go-"

Chen walked right passed me without even letting me finish my sentence and headed towards the direction of the cafe, leaving me stunned.

I stared at his back until he kind of disappeared a little into the crowd. Was I supposed to follow him or was I supposed to stay where I was? I wasn't hungry nor did I want any coffee at this time of the day. I slowly started walking, feeling bad that he maybe was thinking I was following him. When I was finally catching up with him, I saw him enter the cafe and immediately walk to the front counter to order right away. I grabbed my board and held it close to me before making my way towards him. He looked over at me without no expression on his face before looking back at the girl who was working behind the cashier.

There was nothing being said between the two of us, but it wasn't as frustrating as before. I only waited patiently since he was the one who wanted to eat and drink coffee. When he got his order, I saw that not only did he get a cup of coffee and a sandwhich, but he also got a cup of warm tea and a small blueberry muffin, ironically my favorite flavor. He grabbed our order and walked over to an empty seat near the wall in the cafe and sat down. I sat across from him and watched as he handed me the milk tea and blueberry muffin. He took his coffee and sipped it slowly before going in for his sandwhich.

"C-Chen..." I looked at what he had ordered for me and was more than thankful. "I... You... You didn't have to-"

"I'm sorry I didn't ask what you wanted to order." Chen didn't even look at me when he said this; he was busily eating his sandwhich. He must have been that hungry to not have made eye contact. "If it doesn't satisfy you, I can go get you something else."

"No, no, Chen. It's... It's actually my favorite... I... I like blueberry muffins." I didn't know why I was blabbering this to him. It's not like he would care if I told him. "And I've never had milk tea before so... Thank you."

"It's nice to hear words other than 'I'm sorry'." Chen spoke shortly.

I scoffed. "I'm sorry my vocabulary isn't wide enough for you."

From looking at Chen, I saw that he suddenly chuckled, but it looked like he was trying to hide it by drinking his cup of coffee. I smiled knowingly and finally decided to sip on the warm tea, which was delicious, and I finally took a bite into my blueberry muffin. This blueberry muffin made me feel like I was in heaven... Not that I know what it felt like to be there... Yet.

 

 

When we were done eating at the cafe, we both were awkwardly standing outside again. I looked down at my watch and realized that we just practically spent two hours in the cafe. It was now eleven o'clock and I'm sure my father was probably wondering where I was. I took my phone out and was about to check to see if he had called me, but then Chen suddenly took my phone out of my hands and put it into his pocket. I looked over at him, shocked at his actions once again. He looked at me with a stern expression on his face and this time, it looked like he was actually going to have a conversation with me... While actually staring at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I held my hand out in front of him. "Give me my phone."

"Not until you give me those pictures you took of me earlier." Now Chen was also hold his hand out in front of me.

"What? You're kidding me, right?" I stared at him in disbelief. "They're just pictures."

"And it's just a phone." I really couldn't believe he was being so stubborn. "Give me the pictures and I'll give you back your phone."

"What if my father calls? Are you going to-" My voice choked in my throat when my phone suddenly ringing in his pocket.

"Pictures." Chen said nudging his hand towards me.

I didn't want my father punishing me over this. That would mean he wouldn't ever let me out anymore and that means I wouldn't be able to skateboard on my own and that means-... I suddenly got an idea.

"You know what? Forget it." I shook my head as I let my hand fall down onto my hip. "Keep it. I'm going to go home."

I quickly started to walk off in the direction of my house, leaving Chen alone with my phone. I was determined to keep the pictures of him and I wasn't going to give in to him no matter what. While I walked off, I could hear Chen calling out for me, telling me to come back with the pictures and how he still had my phone, but I didn't give in to him. If he wanted to play that kind of game with me, I was going to play it right back. I smirked as I made my way towards home.

 

 

 

When I opened the door, I saw that the kitchen lights were still opened. I closed the door behind me after walking in and locked the doors before heading into the kitchen. I saw my father sitting there with his phone still pressed onto his ear. He looked at me in shock when he saw me making my way in. He put his phone down and looked very upset. I felt bad. I'm sure he was worried out of his mind. I bit my lip and sat on a stool that was set under the counter so I could face him better in a more relaxed way.

"Where were you, Choi Ga Eul? Do you know how many times I've called you and how worried I was?" My father was raising his voice at me, which I didn't blame him. "I almost had to call Ji Min and Jae Kyung to go look for you! What if I had to call the police?"

"I'm sorry, Appa." I pressed my lips together as I bowed my head towards him. "I lost my phone and had been looking for it the whole night... I should have came back home and told you, but I was busily looking for it that by the time I was going to go home and tell you, it was already almost midnight."

I didn't know if I sounded convincing or not, but I guess I kind of did since my father's face had now relaxed. I sighed in relief in my mind, patting myself on the back. This was the reason why I had left Chen; I had this all planned out and I know that Chen was going to give me my phone sooner or later, but these pictures that I was holding onto? He was never going to get them. I had to keep in mind that I would need to take these pictures out of my bag just in case he would decide to dig in there in the future.

"We can track your phone down tomorrow since it's already late right now. Just go to bed and we'll figure out everything tomorrow, okay?" My father leaned over and ruffled my hair lightly. "You must be tired from looking for your phone. Hopefully no one steals it and reports it instead."

"I hope so too." I awkwardly smiled before getting off the stool and heading towards my room. "Good night, Appa."

"Good night, Ga Eul." My father replied before I closed my door behind me.

 

 

I didn't know how dreading it was to not have my phone on the last day of the weekend. My father had tried to track my phone down, but it seemed to have been shut off. I couldn't believe Chen would do that, but I had no control in what he was doing to my phone, which really . There was no way anyone could contact me unless they knew my father's phone and the only people who knew his number was Ji Min and Jae Kyung, but they had only texted him, wondering where I was. I had to wait until school and when I had gotten to school, it seemed like fate wasn't helping me. I didn't see Chen anywhere!

We thankfully had break during class so I took this oppurtunity to go to Ji Min's room hoping to find Chen there. He better had have my phone or else I was going to threathen him in some way. When I got there, I saw Chen sitting in his desk in the corner playing with a phone. I looked closer and saw that it was my phone. I was about to shriek, but stopped when I realized that their class was still in process. I had to find a way to get him to come out here so I could have my phone. How should I do this? Ask him to come out just because I said so? Or make an excuse like the principal wanted him?

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. The teacher stopped their lecture and walked over to open the door. He looked over at me and gave me a confused look.

"Hi... I..." My eyes darted over to Chen and our eyes met immediately. He smirked at me, making me blush.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Their teacher asked, making me recompose myself.

"Uh. Yes. Che- I mean, Kim Jong Dae needs to come to the principal's office." I replied.

"Okay." Their teacher looked over at Chen and with that, Chen got up without anything being said.

I had forgotten Ji Min was also in this class. He raised a questioning eyebrow at me, wondering what the heck I was doing, but I ignored him and waited for Chen to come out. I had also forgotten about Lu Han, Xiu Min, and Lay until I saw them all smile at me as Chen finally made his way out into the hallway. I smiled at them before turning in my heels to follow Chen out.

 

 

Instead of heading towards the principal's office like we were "supposed" to, Chen and I made our way towards the front of the school where no teachers would be at this time. We made sure the coast was clear before going back to our awkward bickering. We both had our hands out in front of each other once again, waiting for one or the other to finally give in and give them their item that they've been waiting for. After waiting in silence for awhile, I realized no one was going to give in.

"Come on, Chen. I'm sure people have been wondering where I've been." I rolled my eyes as I nudged my hand towards him. "Give me back my phone already."

"Not until you give me back those pictures you took of me." He nudged his hands towards me as well. "You want your phone? Give me the pictures."

"You're so stubborn." I whispered more to myself than him.

"I heard that." He gave me a stern look.

"Cos' you are!" I pouted.

Chen smirked at me again and it immediately wiped my pout off of my face. He was so handsome and him smirking at me like that wasn't helping me at all. I could feel my heart inside of my chest fluttering and I didn't want it to be like this. This wasn't right, or was it? I shook my head and looked down at my feet trying to avoid his eyes... Well, more like his face. I didn't want to see things like that when I was trying to get something else out of this. I looked around and then saw my phone sitting in his pocket. I took this oppurtunity and went for it even though I knew it wasn't going to be appropiate.

"YAH!" Chen yelped as I dug my hand into his pocket to grab my phone. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Finally!" I took my phone and looked at it with a victorious smile.

"Are you crazy?!" Chen's eyes were wide with embarrassment and it only made me laugh.

I smiled at him and was about to walk off but stopped in my tracks as soon as I saw Yoo Seung Ho standing in front of me. Chen was about to say something to me again, but he too stopped when he saw Seung Ho. We both stood there in front of him awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

 

 


 

**A/N: OMG! I can't wait for Chen's freaking song to come out for "It's Okay, That's Love"! His voice sounds so freaking soothing and as always, amazing. Keke~ Anyways, here's a chapter for you guys since it's been so freaking long OTL. Enjoy the update! Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah