Chapter 11

Goodbye Autumn

Chapter 11

 

As Seung Ho's car rolled up to my house, I felt kind of sad that our date had already ended. It was almost close to ten at night already; I really couldn't believe how quickly time had passed by when I was with him. I was about to open the door on my side, but Seung Ho grabbed my hand and stopped me from going out. I looked at him, confused to what he was doing, but I saw his driver in the front seat suddenly get out and close the door behind him. His driver went off down the street, as if he was going to strand us on here.

"Why is your driver going off like that?" I asked staring at Seung Ho.

"I wanted him to leave us alone for a bit." Seung Ho said as he turned his body towards me. "I wanted to talk in private."

"Oh? Why?" I was surprised actually. "We've been talking the whole night already."

"I know, I know, but I wanted to talk about something more serious since it's just the two of us now."

I stared at Seung Ho and waited for him to go on since I was kind of curious to what he was talking about. What more did he have to say to me that he didn't say before when we were walking out on the streets together earlier?

"Did you have fun today?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Of course."

"Okay, this is going to sound a little awkward." His cheeks turned a little pink under the light. "I... I wanted to ask you something..."

"What is it?" I was really curious now.

"I... I really like you, Choi Ga Eul. I've liked you for a long time now, but I finally only had the courage to come talk to you." Seung Ho said quickly, not taking any breaths in between. "I was really disappointed when you couldn't come to the SHINee concert with me since I was really anticipating for so long. Now that I finally got to go on a date with you... I... I wanted to ask you... If you..."

Seung Ho was staring into my eyes as he was talking. His last few words were really getting me nervous; was he really going to ask me out right now or was I just imagining things? Maybe I was only assuming that he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend because he was confessing to me right now, but what do I say? Do I accept it and become his girlfriend or do I.... Do I say no because I'll only end up hurting him and leaving him with nothing? He wouldn't like that, would he? He even said it himself; it was a selfish thing to do.

"Choi Ga Eul, will you go to a dinner with me and my parents?" Seung Ho finally asked after a few seconds of silence.

I mentally facepalmed myself.

That wasn't what I was expecting at all since I was waiting for him to ask me to be his girlfriend, but while he had said all of this, my eyes were wandering off and staring at someone else who just happened to stroll down by the street with their skateboard. Without even realizing, my eyes followed the person until they stopped at the corner and got off their board to bend down and tie their shoes. I've never seen him over in this neighborhood before so I was kind of curious to why he was here.

"Ga Eul?" Seung Ho waved his hand in front of me. "Did... Did you hear me?"

"Oh... I'm... I'm sorry." I shook my head and stared back at Seung Ho.

"So?" He didn't seem to notice that I was looking elsewhere which made me sigh in relief.

"Oh... Right." I blew out a sigh as I managed to compose myself again.

"Do... Do you not want to?" Seung Ho looked afraid.

"No, no." I waved my hands in front of me. "I do. I would actually love to have dinner with your parents."

Maybe I was lying a little because everyone knows that it's very nerve-racking to meet people's parents and what makes it even worse was the fact that I wasn't even dating Seung Ho yet so anything could happen.

"Oh goodness. I thought you were going to back out because you were going to be scared or something." He started laughing awkwardly. "My parents really wanted to meet you."

"Why? Do you talk about me a lot to them?" I asked teasingly as I poked his chest.

Seung Ho suddenly blushed and scratched the back of his head. "Well... Yeah..."

I chuckled as my eyes made way towards the end of the street, wondering if the person I was staring at was still there. "I... I should go, okay? It's getting late anyways and I'm sure my father's waiting for me."

"Oh right. Hold on." Seung Ho got out of the car and quickly ran over to my side to open it for me.

"Thank you." I smiled as I got out of the car.

"I'll see you at school on Monday, okay?" Seung Ho smiled as he walked me to my door.

I nodded my head before I held onto the doorknob. "I'll watch you go."

"No, I'll watch you go inside." Seung Ho waved me off.

I decided not to argue with him. I twisted my door open and just before I was about to go inside, I smiled at Seung Ho. He quickly pulled me back and hugged me tightly, surprising me again. This time, I had decided to hug him back and that's what I did. His hug was really warm and I liked the way his arms had felt around my body. He made me feel small and safe. Could I be like this for awhile please?

 

 

The next morning, I heard a knocking on my bedroom door. I opened my eyes and threw my blanket off of me, not moving off of my bed. I was going to wait and see if the person behind the other side of the door was going to come in without me having to say anything, but after a few minutes of waiting, there was a knock on my door once again. I finally gave up and got up from my bed and opened the door. As soon as the door opened, Ji Min pushed right through me and jumped onto my bed and wrapped himself in my blankets.

"Every morning, whether you sleep over or not, you always ruin my sleep!" I closed the door behind me as I turned around to walk towards my bed. "What are you even doing here so early?"

"It's eight o'clock in the morning, Choi Ga Eul. It's a little late in the morning actually." Ji Min smiled as he peeked out from my blankets. "We should go for a walk around the park to start off our day."

"Park Ji Min, get out." I groaned as I yanked my blanket off of him. "I don't want to-"

"But you'd rather go skateboarding, right?" Ji Min sat up and threw my blanket at me.

I rolled my eyes, not caring to respond to him even though he was right. I rather skateboard than go take a walk in the park and we all knew this too, so I don't know why he even asked this question.

"Oh come on. This is good for you heart." Ji Min stood up and patted my shoulders. "Hurry. I'll give you ten minutes to get ready."

"Where's Jae Kyung?" I asked giving in as I went towards my bathroom. "Is she not going to walk with us?"

"She'll meet us at the park." Ji Min said as he went out of my room.

 

 

I guess it was a good thing that Ji Min kind of forced me to go walking with them. I got to breathe in the morning's fresh air and relax my body as well. It was the perfect combination, other than the fact that my two best friends were holding hands and talking among their selves as if they had forgotten I was there. Ah, the perks of being the third wheel. I guess I should have invited Seung Ho to come walk with us or something so I wouldn't have to be stuck in this situation. Seriously. How did these two always do this and not remember that I was there when I was practically in front of them?

"Oh, Ga Eul!" Jae Kyung ran up to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "How was your date with Seung Ho last night? Did it go well? What did you two do?"

"Oh, thanks for bringing my clothes and not letting me know that he was going to do that in front of the whole school." I looked over at her and gave her a stern look. "Why didn't you let me know?"

"Why should I? It would have ruined everything that he had planned. Besides, it was cute." Jae Kyung teasingly smiled. "Come on, Ga Eul! I'm sure every girl at school is practically envying you now."

"Ugh. Stop it." I shook my head and looked over at Ji Min who was walking on the other side of me. "Ji Min, did you know about that too?"

"No, I didn't know anything until I saw it." He shrugged. "It was... Kind of cheesy, if you'd ask me."

"You wouldn't know what romantic is, Park Ji Min." Jae Kyung rolled her eyes as she let go of my shoulder. "You've never done anything like that to me before in front of the whole school. Heol!"

"Why should I have to do that? You already know how much I like you." He rolled his eyes as well. "The school doesn't matter; they're not a part of our relationship, Han Jae Kyung. It's just you and I."

"Talk about cheesy..." I glared over at them and walked faster so I wouldn't have to walk with them anymore.

 

 

When we got done walking, we went back to my house and ate breakfast that Ji Min decided to make. I guess there's one good thing about Ji Min coming over in the mornings; his breakfast always tasted yummy and I always wanted more and more of his cooking. It was really hard to resist. Han Jae Kyung is one lucky girl; she's dating someone who can cook and is very kind and caring. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that these two looked like they were really meant for each other. Will I get to see them get married?

"So what are you going to do today?" Jae Kyung asked as Ji Min started to pick up our empty plates from the table. "Did you want to go shopping with me and my mom?"

"I thought we were going to go watch a movie today." Ji Min stopped mid-way to the kitchen.

"We are, but that's after I go shop with my mom at the mall." Jae Kyung smiled at Ji Min. "Don't worry, Ji Min, we'll have time together at the end of the day, okay?"

"I hate it when you make plans and you don't inform me what you're going to do beforehand." He scowled and then headed into the kitchen.

"So?" She turned back to look at me again, ignoring Ji Min's comment.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost the afternoon. "Uh... I don't think I can-"

"Do you have somewhere to go?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"What? You made plans without us for once?" Ji Min popped out from the kitchen and looked over at the both of us. "Who are you going out with today? Seung Ho?"

"No, I'm not going out with Seung Ho today." I replied, looking down at my hands awkwardly only because there'd really be no one else who I'd hang with. Hopefully they wouldn't catch me.

"Then who are you going out with?" Ji Min leaned against the door frame and eyed me. "Are you even hanging out with anyone today?"

"Stop pestering her, Ji Min." Jae Kyung got up and tried to push him into the kitchen but he wouldn't budge. "Yah!"

"Well, she doesn't have anyone else to hang out with other than us, right?" Ji Min looked over at Jae Kyung. "She has to be going out with someone."

"Fine. I'm going skateboarding!" I told them half the truth and I knew whether or not I lied, they were going to be mad.

"Yah. You can't always go skateboarding." Jae Kung turned back to look at me, giving me a 180 degree personality change. "Just go shopping with me instead."

"No." I replied immediately. "I'm going to go skateboarding."

Ji Min shook his head. "Alone?"

"Whoever goes with me?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to make it seem like I wasn't meeting anyone, which I kind of wasn't, if you'd ask me.

"Where's Seung Ho?" Ji Min asked raising his eyebrow back at me. "Is he not going with you?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I don't even know if he's even into those kinds of things."

"I'll hang out with you until Jae Kyung's done shopping then." Ji Min smirked at me, as if he was planning something up his sleeve.

"What? No." I waved my hands in front of me refusing anything from Ji Min.

"Why not?" Ji Min glared at me.

"Because... Because I want to be alone!" I replied, not knowing what else to say. "I haven't done it for awhile... Please... Please just let me go alone."

"Leave her alone, Ji Min." Jae Kyung hooked her arms with Ji Min.

"Fine." Ji Min eyed me before going back into the kitchen.

 

 

I went straight up to my room and changed into a black t-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans with white converse, and a red and black plaid flannel that was tied around my waist. I grabbed my hat in my closet, my backpack by the door, and my skateboard that was outside before running out into the streets. I looked at my watch and saw that it was a little bit past the afternoon so I quickly decided to grab a cab. I don't know why I felt like I was running late to something that I wasn't even invited to... It made me feel weird thinking about it.

When I got to the beach, I got onto my skateboard and strolled down the sidewalk. The place wasn't packed, but there were a few people running by or taking strolls. I grabbed my polaroid camera from my backpack and decided to take pictures since I kind of had nothing better to do.

"What should I capture..." I thought out loud, turning side to side, as I strolled along the sidewalk on my skateboard.

I put my eye into the camera view and looked around to see if there was anything I wanted to capture. I stopped myself from moving and turned in circles to see if there was anything else other than the view from the side. Just as I turned around, I saw someone in my camera; they were coming towards me with their head looking down at the ground. I kept my eye in the camera view and watched as he looked up at me. I didn't know what made me do this, but I took a picture. I pulled the camera away from my eye and looked over at him hesitantly.

 

 


 

**A/N: How did I go from updating every day to updating only once a week? I'm sorry that I've updated so slow on this story compared to My Gangster. I don't know why I'm writing so slow for this story... Maybe because I wanted it to be a little more in depth with this story :( Please forgive me! Enjoy the update though. Oh, and did you guys see my first chapter for You're Beautiful? If not, go check it out! I know. Shameless advertising, but why not? Keke~ Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah