Epilogue I

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

K.J.I

 

It’s annoying, it’s so annoying that I actually have to endure long hours of sharing my wife and children to other people. I’m not sure why they insist of having a birthday party every year seriously, why can’t people just wish my children happy birthday on Facebook or KakaoTalk or something? Urgh

 

There was this one year, I think it was my kids’ 3rd birthday, I took them away for a holiday, hoping to avoid the birthday party. So I took them to Bora Bora Island and we had a good time, fantastic time. I thought I was off the hook, but oh, two days after we got home, my so brilliant wife throw a belated birthday party and there’s nothing I can do about it. Oh I did argue, it was a blood bath battle between me and her but at the end she always win after all. I mean, how can I not give in when she suddenly turned into a seductive temptress and started giving me ual innuendo? I gave in right away, oh and it was worth it. That that night after we argued, was mindblowing!

“Daddy!”

 

I turn around and see my baby boy running in my direction. I immediately open my arm and take him into my embrace and starts showering him with kisses on his face.

 

“Hey birthday boy.” I tell him and he beams at me. Oh that glorious smile. He’s a good looking little kid, seriously. I mean how can he not? He got it from me!

“Daddy guess what?” He asks me, his eyes are filled with excitement and glow that it makes my heart melt again and again.

“What?”

“Uncle Sehun just called and he told me he got me the newest controlled airplane that I want!” He tells me cheerfully.

 

I try to hide my scowl but fail terribly bad.

 

“I thought I bought you the newest controlled airplane in ToysRus last weekend?” I ask him. I did, I really did. He was practically dragging me by hand to show me the airplane in the store and I bought it straight away. He’s my boy after all. I wouldn’t even hesitate for a second to buy what his heart desires.

“Yeah but you bought me the white one, Uncle Sehun bought me the yellow one!” He replies with no doubt. I heave a sigh and then I nod at him.

“Alright Kaleb, of course, whatever you want, mate.” I tell him and then I walk in front of the mirror in my bedroom. I stand there with Kaleb in my hand and look into the mirror.

“See how handsome we are, mate?” I ask him and he nods his head at me. He is dressed in a pair of brown jeans and denim shirt. Clothes I picked for him this morning.

“We are!” He cheers as I chuckle at him and then I put him down on the floor.

“Now, where’s mummy?” I ask him.

 

“Downstairs, kitchen.” He answers me as he walks to my bed. He spots my phone there and take it into his hand. I sigh, there’s no point on putting password on that phone, he always figures it out anyway. His attention is now fully on the phone as I’m guessing he’s  opening one of the game installed on that device.

 

“Alright, let’s go find mummy.” I scoop him in my arm again and I start to descend the stairs.

 

 

I stop at the doorway as I spend a few second drinking in the sight of my wife in the kitchen, stirring something in the metal pot on top of the kitchen counter. The curve of her body is so perfect I feel like striding forward and takes her into my arm but then I realize I have my little man in my arm so I dismiss the idea quickly. Oh man, life’s good. It wasn’t an easy start between us, absolutely not. We had a rough beginning but then we survived high school together. After that, a scandal errupted and she was sent away to United Kingdom. Well now I’m not trying to flatter myself but we really are meant to be together, as my dad also was placing me in London at that time to attend bussiness school. It’s all a sign, a sign that she’s mine and I’m hers.

 

Living in London with only two of us is a complete heaven. We stay over at each other’s place most of the night, and I rarely sleep alone the whole time I was in London. Now, hold that thought, when I say sleep, I really literally mean sleep. I respect her faith that she won’t ever practice a pre-marital and I love her more because of that. But hell if I say it was easy. It wasn’t easy, difficult isn’t even enough to cover it. I was having a hard time controlling my raging hormone around her but she was worth the wait. I was a young healthy good looking teenage boy, in a city of London, and I deprived myself from having . Oh lord, things I did for her. After she finished her O-Level, she straight away started her degree in Law, in King’s College London too, so we both spent around 5-6 years in London finishing our degree. I finished mine a year earlier and I told my dad I’m starting in his company from the London’s branch which he gladly approved. I waited for her to finish hers in a year then we both returned to Korea. It was all a good time, until I decided to settle down and proposed to her.

 

She said no.

 

Yes, that’s right, I proposed to her when she was 24 and she said no. Plain, straight cold, no. She said she wasn’t ready and we were too young but if I care. All I know was that I was in a stable relationship with a woman I adore and love since the first moment I lay my eyes on her and I wanted to start a life with her. Age was just a number after all. But I didn’t give up, in order to prove to her how matured and ready I am to be a man that worth her life, I decided not to play the tantrum card, instead I told her it’s okay and I’ll wait for her.

 

It wasn’t bad. We continued our little romance as a couple and live a good life. I started working in my dad’s company in Korea with a little experience I gained in London and she started working in her dad’s firm. A year after that, she told me she wanted to pursue a master degree back in London. That, was when I got nervous.

 

I couldn’t possibly let her go back to London alone. No way, there was no way in hell and heaven I’m letting her to go back to London without me. But on what basis I’m going to follow her to London? I wasn’t even her husband, not even her fiance at that moment. My dad will laugh at me if I tell him I want to work in London’s branch again just because my girlfriend is going back to study there. My employees will also laugh at my lack of proffesionalism, changing worplace following my girlfriend’s current study location. Hell, I was going to be a laughing stock in the company! And she wasn’t compromising either. There were hundreds of university in Korea but she wanted to go back to her alma mater. Seriously, how bad was that? Very bad. I was going berserk thinking of a way to make her stay but it all went in a drain. I tried talking to her to convince her to further her study in Korea but we often ended up yelling at each other.

 

I had no other choice, seriously. It was the only thing that I know will solve the problem and even thought it seems like she won’t agree, I still had to try.

 

So I proposed to her again.

 

She cried. This time, she cried when I got on my knees and pulled out the ring. How can she not cry seriously? I brought her back to the lake behind our old school, waited until the fireflies come out and proposed to her under the vast sky filled with stars. She started sobbing hysterically and I was sweating profusely waiting for her answers. She didn’t give a yes, instead she started talking.  

 

“Kai, I love you. I really do. But you’re doing this so that I’ll be tied to you. In that case you can dictate me to not go back to London.” She told me.

 

“Sweetheart, it wounded me you think so little of me. I was never going to trap you with a marriage. If you want to go back to London to further your study, I have no problem with that. As long as I’m coming with you. And the only way I’m coming with you is if I am your husband. But that’s not the sole purpose of me proposing to you. I love you, I’ve always love you, and I always will be. I want to be with you, baby. And it wont be very matured of me to follow my girlfriend wherever she goes like a lost puppy. I want to be your husband where I can be with you, guarding you like an alpha dog. And I don’t care, whether you’re going back to London or not, I’m still going to propose to you. I proposed to you once, and you said no and I’m not going to give up. I’ll propose to you again tomorrow if I need to.” I told her and saw her gaze soften. I wanted to kiss those tears and frown away but I held my ground and waited for her responses. She took my face into her hands and smiled weakly at me at last.

“Oh Kai baby, are you even real?” She chuckled at me and I couldn’t help but smiling at her.


“I am the realest you can ever have. Now say yes, Violet Lee. Say yes.” I coaxed her and she flashed me the most stunning smile ever. The smile I’ll forever remember.


“Yes, Kim Jong In. I’ll mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter