Finale

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finale....

 

 

If that bet Kai mentioned just now about who misses who first will lose is real, Violet is definitely losing now. As soon as she turns around to walk away from Kai and his group of friends she immediately feels a pang in her heart. It also feels like someone has just shoved something into her heart and leave it hollow. She feels empty.

 

But she made a mistake, and now it’s time to face the music. With a heavy heart, she steps into the plane, feeling a pool of tear at the back of her eyes.

 

 

*

 

10 hours and 56 minutes. That’s how long Violet has been cramping her in the plane. She however, thanks her parents for the bussiness class. If not, she would have feel sore and ache all over her body now. Not that she’s not feeling any pain at all, but the pain is bearable. She streches her muscle as the plane touch down, and heaves a sigh when her mind goes back to one person she has missed. Kai.

 

Violet waits until everybody leave the cabin before she makes her own movie because honestly, she isnt entirely happy about being here anyway. When the cabin is almost empty, the stewardess on duty comes to her place to usher her out. She follows willingly and shivers in cold as soon as she steps out of the plane as the London air finally greets her. So this is it, she thinks.

 

 

 

“Violet!” Her mom who is waiting at the arrival gate greets her as soon as she land her eyes on her. Violet then walk straights to her mom while pushing that big luggage and few of her others bag on the airport trolley.

“You’re here, finally!” Her mom cries in excitement when Violet reaches her side. The air in the airport is quite chilly and it’s quite packed in there with other people, who are busy greeting their family members and friends there. Violet smiles and bows to her mom. Violet then notices one man on her mom’s side, which she assumes the driver because the way he dresses.

“Leave your things to him now. C’mon.” Her mom says and she complies.

 

 

 

*

 

 

“So this is your apartment. How do you like it?” Her mom asks Violet as soon as they steps into an apartment located in the middle of the busy city of London. It’s quite nice, actually. Her apartment is already filled with furnitures, she just has to unpack her clothes and accessories and that will be it. The block of her apartment consists of 3 floors, her apartment is on the second floor. It is also near with the convenient store, it’s quite near to the bus stop as well. Her mom told her just now the school she’ll be attending is only 4 blocks away. It’s just, good. Not even close to perfection, she thinks. Not when Kai’s not around.

 

“I love it, thank you.” Violet replies. Her mom smiles at her and then the driver steps into the apartment, bringing her last luggage and then he breathes out heavily.

“That is your last bag.” The driver announces. Mrs.Lee nods at the driver and smile at him.

“Alright thank you, you can wait downstair.” She tells him and he excuses himself.

“You’re not staying here?” Violet asks her mom.

“No honey. Me and your dad is staying at the hotel in Machester. We bumped into an old friend of his when we landed earlier and turns out he owns a hotel there. He invited us to stay there and apparently, your dad want to catch up with his friend tonight so we’ll be staying there.” Mrs.Lee tells her daughter. Violet nods. Mr.Lee indeed graduated from University of Manchester after all. So he must has some friends around the area and of course he wants to catch up with them. Even to the point of abandoning me, Violet thinks.

“But don’t worry. We’ll come to visit you again tomorrow before we fly back to Korea.” Her mom pats her shoulder and Violet smiles at her. She didn’t mind actually, she’s used to be left alone. It’s not like her parents are always there for her. But it’s her first time staying alone in London, and she thought her parents would want to give her some tour around the city first. But oh, how wrong did she think.

 

“Alright then. Have a good time, you both.” Violet says.

“We will. Anything just call me, Violet.” Her mom tells.

 

As soon as her mom steps out from the apartment, Violet sits on the sofa and breathes out. She takes a look at the amount of bags she needs to unpack and she rolls her eyes. So many things. She then takes out her phone to check the time.

 

11.45 a.m.


Violet is doing some calculation in her mind. The time difference between United Kingdom and South Korea is 8 hours, so it must be around 6.45p.m there. She then opens her mail application on her phone and types a new mail.

 

From : [email protected]

To : [email protected]

Time : 11.46 a.m

Subject : Arrived.

Content :

Kai,

I’ve safely arrived in UK and now currently sitting on the sofa in my apartment. Alone :( Just letting you know.

Yours,

V.

 

 

She breathes out, contemplating on whether to add there that she miss him or not, but soon shakes her head and decides to not add it. She sends the mail and places the phone on the cofee table in front of her.

 

After a while, she hears a ping sound from her phone and almost immediately she grins and takes the phone.

 

From : [email protected]

To : [email protected]

Time : 11.50 a.m

Subject : RE: Arrived.

Content :

Baby,

I'm so glad to hear from you. And it’s so cold here without you :(

And why are you alone, sweetheart? Where’s your parents?

 

p/s : Have you missed me yet?

 

Yours, forever and always,

Kai.

 

 

Violet chuckles at the mail. Even so far away, he’s still so playful and annoying. That just makes her even sadder. The thought of not seeing him every day anymore now just kills her. Why did she even agree to move away at the first place?

 

From : [email protected]

To : [email protected]

Time : 11.53 a.m

Subject : RE: Arrived.

Content :

Love,

I’m glad to hear from you too. It’s cold without me there? You’re sure I’m your girlfriend not your blanket?

My parents are staying in Manchester. My dad met his friend earlier n apparently they’re going out tonight.

 

p/s : I should be asking you the same question.

 

Yours,

V.

 

 

 

 

From : [email protected]

To : [email protected]

Time : 11.58 a.m

Subject : Sarcasm

Content :

 

You and sarcasm suit each other better sometimes I get jealous :(

Oh then you’re staying the first night in London alone?

 

Your jealous boyfriend, 

Kai.

 

 

Violet laughes this time. She’s about to type him a reply when she hears the bell rings. She frowns, who could it possibly be? She breathes out and then put the phone on the couch. Then, she stands up and walks closer to the door.

 

 

*

 

 

Kai is smiling like a mad man in the taxi while replying to her e-mail. He is on his way to Violet’s apartment, which the adress he got from Kim earlier before he left Seoul. Kai doesn’t have to worry much about his belongings as his dad had already arranged everything for him even before he arrived in London. He was on his way to somewhere else actually but once Violet mailed him saying her parents are not with her, Kai straight away instructs the driver the turn around head to her apartment. Oh, things she does to him.

 

 

When he reaches her block, his smile turns wider. Happy would be an understatement to what he’s really feeling right now. He sends that last mail to her and climbs the stairs to the second floor. Heart thumping louder than usual.

 

 

Violet opens her door only to find the man she’s been missing forever in front of her and her eyes goes wild scanning the figure standing in front of her. She gasps and the later smile at her.

 

“Oh my God, you’re here!” Violet squeaks and jumps into the later’s arm without further ado. The man just chuckles at her reaction and hugs her back.

“You missed me that much babygirl?” He asks her. This time Violet thinks she will drop a tear.

 

 

When Kai reaches the second floor he feels his knees goes weak. There’s a hallway in front of the stairs and there’s four doors, two on his left and two on his right. He’s about to walk forward on his right when he notices a man knocking on one door. He stops in his track, amazed because the man is not white. He’s Asian, and by guessing from the look of it, he might be Korean. The door is opened and Kai pretty sure he sees a girl eventhough he just get to see a half of her body because she isn’t entirely out of the door, but when he hears her voice after a few second, he knows he’s going to faint. It’s Violet, hugging another man on her door.

 

Kai feels like running over there and tear her and the man apart, but when he hears the man calls her ‘babygirl’ he straight away goes back behind the wall, hiding there and breathes out. Who’s that? And Violet looks so happy seing him, no Sherlock! She was giggling like a little girl! And he even called her babygirl! No body calls her babygirl and nobody touches her! She belongs to him! Kai stays behind the wall, and listens to the two converse, hoping to find his sanity in the process.


“Of course I miss you!” Violet squeaks again and she pushes him away. She then takes a clearer look at the man in front of her and smiles even wider.

“Come in.” Violet invites her in and the man with a sweet smile nods. But suddenly his phone rings. Both stop in their track and Violet watches the man picks up his phone.

“Hello.” The man answers. After a few seconds, the man replies. “Ahh I see, alright wait down there.” The man replies and then he hangs up.

“Violet, my friend was driving me here and he called me saying I left my wallet in his car. He’s waiting for me downstair, I’ll go pick it up and come back to you right after, alright?” The man asks her and Violet roll her eyes at him.

“Always so clumsy, old habit die hard eh?” Violet says to him. He smiles and nods at her.

 

Upon hearing what the man says to Violet, Kai runs a floor higher, knowing he has to use the stairs and he might bump into Kai if Kai continues to hide there. Once Kai makes sure the man has already left, he returns to the second floor and brings himself to Violet’s door.

 

Should he knock? If she opens then what does he say? Who’s that guy? Why was Violet hugging him like her whole world is depending on him? Did she cheat on him? No no, Kai quickly shakes his head. Violet won’t cheat, she won’t. But, seriously, they seem so close and it feels like the man knows Violet even longer than Kai do. He sighs while closing his eyes, standing in front of Violet’s door. Then, he slowly brings his hand up to knock the door.

 

Violet is ready to throw another sarcastic remark to the man who forgot his wallet when she hears the knock. Seriously, what adult would actually forget his wallet and go walking around without it? She roll her eyes and finds another surprise of her life. She widen her eyes at the boy she sees now and mentally slaps herself. Is Kai really here?

 

“Kai?” She calls for him in disbelief. Kai didn’t reply, instead he just stands there with eyes so teary they looks like they’re going to cry soon. He continues to stare at her.

“Kai! It’s you!” Violet squeaks again. She thinks she’s about to collapse. A minute ago the man she have been missing her entire life appeared, now her boyfriend is here. She then runs to his arm and curl her hands around his neck. She doesn’t know what’s wrong with her and hugging today. Maybe she just misses everybody.

 

Kai slowly pushes her away by her waist and Violet bite her lips.

“Kai what’s wrong?” She asks him once they are parted but he continues to stare at him with that blank and sad eyes. Didn’t he just flew from Korea to London then why doesn’t he look happy to see her? And wait, when did he even fly at the first place? When Kai didn’t reply, Violet holds his hand and drags him into her apartment. Kai lets her drag him and Violet closes the door right behind them.

 

“Kai? What is it? You’re scaring me.” Violet asks him. Yes, it does scare her. The fact that Kai is supposedly be in Korea right now but he suddenly here scares her. No, not that actually. The fact that he is so cold towards her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter