XLVI

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long chapter ahead, 

good luck :)

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Ludos…..

 

 

Ever since Violet last spoke to Amy an hour ago she hasn’t been feeling right. Violet is aware that Amy is up to something but she couldn’t figure out what. So here she is, sitting in the laboratory, pretending like she’s listening to what the teacher is saying but her mind is somewhere far away.

 

The thing about Amy is eating her up, she realizes. Now she can’t even focus in class because she is too distracted by the thoughts of Amy. Her relationship with Kai was at risk because they were fighting over this last time, and because of this she has to move to UK. She sighs, somewhere deep down in her heart, she feels troubled. It’s not like she hasn’t feel trouble before, it’s just now, she finally sees how unhealthy all of this is. Before she knows it, the bell rings, marking the end of the Chemistry class. She closes her book and packs her stationery in resentment, because she didn’t gain anything from the class.

 

When Violet is lining up to pick her lunch, she suddenly feels an arm wrapped around her neck.

“Hello baby.” Kai says and then kisses her cheek. She flushes, there’s so many students in the cafeteria now and she feels like punching Kai’s face for showing affection this publicly. She rolls her eyes and Kai chuckles at her reaction. Kai knows exactly how much Violet hates it, when he does this kind of things in front of people, but he couldn’t care less, all he knows that she is his, and he’ll do well so that other people will know it.

“There’s one thing call queue, you know.” Violet tells Kai as she is aware that he is cutting the line and there’s few other students behind her waiting to pick her lunch.

“Well you’re alone so I guess I should come to accompany you. Can’t I just pick my lunch and put it in your tray? Couple shares their lunch you know.” Kai says as Violet takes a step forward after the kid in front of her moves. Kai follows at her side. She is, indeed alone. Kim has already picked her lunch and is waiting at one of the table.

“I don’t think those kids at the back will be happy.” Violet says and Kai pouts at her, begging for symphaty. Violet eventually gives in and then she clears .

“I’ll take it for you, just go wait at the table will you?” Violet tells him and Kai smiles immediately. “One bowl of ramen and apple juice?” Violet asks.

“You know me the best, sweetheart.” He says before he kisses her forehead and leaves.

 

 

Kai is grinning ear to ear when Violet comes with a tray that has their foods in it. Kai likes the idea of sharing things with her, he finds it adorable. Violet realizes Kim is already on their table, Kai must has invited her a while ago when she was picking on her food. Violet nods at Kim and she smiles back at her. The boys are there, but not all of them. Luhan is sitting next to Kim, there’s also Sehun, D.O, Tao, Chen, Baekhyun, Xiu Min and Chanyeol.
“Thank you.” Kai takes the tray from Violet’s hand and she lets him. She sits down beside him and Kai puts her lunch in front of her. Violet is about to eat when her eyes suddenly lift up and she finds Amy walking in front of their table. Kai notices the sudden change in Violet’s body contact and he too sees Amy’s figure walking away.

 

Violet is distracted, she’s more distracted than before. It’s not like she’s scared of Amy because of her threat earlier, it’s just that she comes to a realization that this won’t end, the cycle will never stop. Amy is probably planning something, and then Violet will do something back in return, and where will that lead them? Suddenly, all of her rage for Amy is washed away, it’s not like she’s forgiving her for what’s she done, it’s just that Violet is tired. This battle with Amy is wearing her out, and is changing her into somebody she’s not. The last fight she had with Kai is such a big wake up call. She heaves a sigh and then she starts picking on her food. Kai notices the trouble that is stirring up inside her and almost immediately, he realizes that the two girls have been talking. Violet wasn’t this tense about Amy before this, but now it feels like she could break anytime. Kai rubs her back, not saying anything because he understands. Violet looks up to him and gives him an apologetic look.

 

 

*

 

 

It is silent in the car when Kai sends Violet home. Kai understands she is still bothered about Amy and Kai wonders what did they talked about. When they reach her house, Violet still refuses to say anything. Kai eventually sighs and then he catches her wrist when she’s about to step out from the car.

 

“Violet, you talked to Amy?” Kai asks directly. Violet turns to look at him and she slumps in her seat.

“I did.” She answers truthfully.

“Is it something that she say? That’s bothering you so much?” Kai asks for confirmation but she shakes her head.

“It’s not something that she said, Kai. It’s just, the whole thing there is.” Violet says and then she close her eyes. “I cant even focus in class now, this whole Amy thing is taking its place more than it should in my life.” Violet continues. Kai caresses her cheek. “You were right, I’m not myself anymore.” Violet mutters and Kai feels guilty all of sudden for saying things like that her last Sunday.

“I’m sorry for what I said-”

“It’s okay, you didn’t tell me anything that I didn’t know.” Violet quotes Kai.

“So what are you going to do now?” Kai asks. Violet shrugs, she doesn’t know. She doesn’t want to surrender, it’s not even in the option, it’s just that she’s really tired. Hating on somebody is really tiring, she realizes. To live with such anger and revenge is also very exhausting. And now she have the moving thingy to deal with, and she still hasn’t tell Kai about it. Maybe that’s what add the weight to the burden, the fact that she’s keeping something from Kai.

“If you feel like talking about it, you know I’m always here, Violet.” Kai tries to comfort her one more time.

“Kai, there’s something I need to tell you.” Violet blurts out before she can give it more thought. Kai suddenly feel disturbed. There’s certain urgency in her tone that he coudn’t quite like.

“What is it, sweetheart?” He asks patiently. Violet blinks at her, it’s no use in keeping this any longer, after all, she really is going to leave.

“There’s something more that my parents did than just lecturing me when the news about us going to club made it to the newspapers.” Violet admit slowly. Kai finds his heart beating like crazy hearing this. There’s more? Violet’s parents did more?

“Hmm” is the only thing comes out from Kai’s mouth at the moment. Violet breathes out a heavy breath and close her eyes as she says it.

“They’re sending me away.” She finally says. Kai’s heart skips a beat for a second he almost thought he’s going to die. Send her away? Where? When? For how long? He wants to say something but his throat is dry.

“Kai?” Violet asks when she notices the expression of Kai’s face. It’s, horrible. Kai blinks and then he shakes his head.

“Away?” He murmurs the word in horror, weighing how critical that word sounds. He looks down on his thighs, not daring to look her in the eyes.

“Kai...” She reaches out from him and takes him into her embrace. She knows he’s going to react like this, he made it clear how he feels about her leaving him and Violet hates herself for telling him this. Kai stays in Violet’s embrace, his head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat.

“Where?” He asks in a hush tone.

“UK.” She answers and Kai lifts his head up immediately.

“UK?” He asks again for confirmation and she nods. Violet sighs, of course Kai will react this way. UK is somehow, far from Korea. When she says moving away Kai must had at least thought it’s somewhere in the country, Violet thinks. Oh poor boy, Violet wishes she could do anything to ease his sorrow.

“Where in UK?” Kai asks again.

“I don’t know, my parents didn’t exactly say where, they say I get to pick the city.” Violet answers.

“And have you decided on any?”

Violet shakes her head immediately. She didn’t even want to think about it. Moving away is hard enough, she didn’t want to sit and contemplate where she wants to go.

“Pick London.” Kai tells her. Violet narrow her eyes at him.

“Why?” Violet asks.
“It’s…you know, the capital city. It’s easier for me to visit you there.” Kai says. Visit her? Shouldn’t he be sad that she’s leaving? He actually thinks about visiting her already? Does this mean he’s just going to accept the fact that she’s leaving?

“I’ll….take you recommendation into consideration.” Violet says as she is still quite surprised that Kai is not protesting about her leaving, instead, he helps her pick a city.

“Can I ask you something?” Violet says and Kai nods.

“Why didn’t you seem upset?” Violet asks the boy.

“I am upset!” Kai defenses himself. “Violet, for goodness’ sake, you’re moving away, I’ll go crazy here. But like you said, it’s your parents’ decision. It’s enough we made them angry with our little outing to the club, I think if you continue to defy them some more, they might actually think I’m a bad influence for you. And I’m not planning to have my girlfriend’s parents hating on me before I even made it into the family, you know?” Kai says and Violet find her heart flutter at those last words. ‘before I even made it into the family’, does that mean he intends to make it into the family? Will he propose to her? Make her entirely his? Tie the know officially? Violet shudders, she’s only 16, she doesn’t want to get her hope high. For all she knows, they still have a long way ahead of them. And Kai sounds unbelievebly matured, which is something that makes her shivers as well.

 

 

*

 

 

Violet's parents are there at dinner. It’s not long before the topic of moving away is brought up.

 

“Have you decided on where, Violet?” Her dad asks. She didn’t lift her head to look up to her dad, instead, she stares at that steak lying on her plate. Her dad is serious, he’s not going to change his mind.

“Yes.” Violet answers. Her mom actually raise her eyebrows, surpsised that her daughter actually comes up with a decision. Her mother is expecting a fight, between Violet and her father but that is not what she’s getting at the dinner table tonight. Somehow her mother feels grateful, the fact that Violet is not disobeying her dad, it’ll make everything easier. And it’ll make her dad thinks that relationship with Jong In is not that bad after all. She is still their daughter and she’s still fillial to them.

“Where?” Her dad asks while cutting that piece of steak and dip it into the sauce before putting it into his mouth.

“London.” She answers shortly.

“Excellent choice, I’ll look up for an apartment and school around the area as soon as possible.” Her dad announces.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Violet, the result will be out by today.” Kim says the next day they’re in class. Violet looks at Kim in horror as she remembers another thing that comes with the result, her bet with Kai.

“You don’t look good.” Kim says. The teacher is not in yet.

“I just remember I made a bet with Kai.” Violet says.

“Based on the result?” Kim asks, Violet nods at her, heaving another sigh.

“Well then best of wishes, dear friend. We cant deny the fact that Kai was studying his off for that assessment, I was wondering since when he’s such a geek too.” Kim muses in excitement. Kim somehow finds it amusing, and she too, can’t wait for the result.

 

 

 

When the lunch time comes people are gathering at the main lobby. All are checking their rank in the grade. The notice boards are divided by three divisions, the first grade, the second grade and the third grade. When Violet and Amy reach the lobby, they see bunch of students crowding the notice board so they decide to just wait for a while at the side. Not long after that, Violet sees Kai appears from that sea of people with few of his friend at his side. She gulps, Kai looks….happy. When Kai spots her at the side of the hallway, his grins turns wider. He walks hastily to her and Violet swears under his breath when he stands in front of him.

 

“Hi sweetheart.” Kai grins as he greets her while the rest of his friend continue walking awa after patting his back. Kai’s mood is too good to be true, and Violet frowns, she doesn’t like how he sounds, not at all.

“He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter