XLIV

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Violet has lost tract of the time. She doesn't know how many hours she has spent there on her bed, crying her heart out. Kai didn’t call back, which is making everything worse. She just carried out her part in getting back at Amy last night and now she’s in a bigger fight with Kai. Oh life. She contemplates for a long time whether to call Kai or at least send him a message but she just couldn’t bring herself to it.

 

It’s not her ego this time, it’s just pure exquisite kind of agony that she’s feeling.

 

 

 

*

 

 

The next morning Violet texts Kim to come pick her up for school. She hasn’t heard anything from Kai since yesterday morning and she is sure as hell Kai is not picking her up for school. There’s no way he will. Kim didn’t asks any question and agrees right away but she’s aware that something must has happened between the lovebirds. Once Violet is seated in Kim’s car, Kim begins her interrogation.

 

“Morning, V.” Kim greets.

“Morning.” Violet replies as she adjusts herself and put on the seatbelt. Kim’s driver than starts to drive away.

“You want to tell me what's happened?” Kim asks and Violet heaves a sigh. Kim notices the eyebags Violet get under her eyes. It’s either from lack of sleeping or hours of crying. And looking at Violet now, Kim’s guessing it’s both.

“We fought.” Violet simply replies. Kim is not that worried actually, fighting is normal in relationship, she thinks. And she’s not worried because she knows how much Violet and Kai loves each other, that no matter what happens, they will always find a way back to each other, because truth is, Violet wants Kai just as much as Kai wants her.

“Why?” Kim asks again.

“I don’t know, he started it! He was going out of his mind, talking about how I’m not myself anymore because of Amy, and he accused me of being obsessed with her! He literally called me crazy indirectly!” Violet starts to whine. Kim frowns, there’s certain truth in Kai’s words actually. Violet really get worked up over Amy, and Kim also notices how less Violet has been paying attention to Kai but of course she’s not going to say that one out loud.

“You guys will be fine.” Kim tries to comfort Violet. Violet sighs, no, they’re not going to be fine. It’s not just that, there’s more that Violet’s not telling. It’s not just a normal fight, Violet did mentioned something about his parents and Violet sure that one strikes right through the heart. She can only pray Kai won’t do anything stupid even if he’s mad at her because of it. As they are approaching the school gate, Violet finds her heart flutters crazily.  

 

Violet doesn’t know what she expects to find at school today. Of course she’s excited to see what is happening to Amy, but she is also nervous on seeing Kai. After stepping into the school hallway, she parted with Kim as their locker is situated far from each other. Violet walks to her locker with trembled legs and arms, but trying hard to hide it. Once she reaches her locker, Amy is not there. Violet is not surprised, it is not most likely that they’ll run into each other at the locker so she just have to wait until thet got into the class. After taking the books, Violet walks hastily to class, trying to avoid everybody in the hallway, simply because she’s not ready to face Kai, or any of his friends. And much to her delight, she makes it to her class without bumping into him.

 

When the teacher steps into the class, Violet frowns. Amy is not here yet, but Hyo Ri is already on her place. She steals few glances at Hyo Ri. Hyo Ri looks fine, she doesn’t look troubled, but where is Amy? Even if Amy decides to ditch school, she will drag Hyo Ri with her as well. Could it be that her parents are so furious that they didn’t let Amy go to school?

 

After the third period Violet concludes that Amy is really never going to come to school today. She eventually let out a disappointed sigh and tries her hardest to focus on what the teacher is saying. She has just gotten the right mood to study but her phone vibrates in her pocket. Right, now she understands the prohibition of bringing phones to school. She rolls her eyes but she takes out the phone nevertheless.

 

From : Oh Sehun

Message : Did u and Kai fight?

 

Violet blinks at the text message. Wow, what an unexpected message from Sehun.

 

To : Oh Sehun

Message : Why? Did he say anything?

 

Violet sneaks the phone under the desk and pretends to pay attention. There’s no way she’s taking what the teacher is saying seriously now, not when Kai is being mentioned. When she feels her table vibrates, she takes out the phone again.

 

From : Oh Sehun

Message : That’s the thing! He didn’t say anything, he didn’t say a word since this morning. He looks like a walking zombie now.

 

Violet immediately frowns at his reply. Oh, so Kai is here in school. She somehow breaths out in relief. She has been worried if Kai would skip school or do anything stupid. But now she knows that he’s here, she couldn’t help but to feel grateful.

 

To : Oh Sehun

Message : Idk sehun, I think I screwed up.

 

From : Oh Sehun

Message : Then just apologize, Violet.

 

Hah, right. Words of advice from Oh Sehun. If only it’s easier to do than said.

 

To : Oh Sehun

Message : No way…I really made a big mistake this time.  

 

From : Oh Sehun

Message : He has a soft spot for u, u know that.

 

 

Violet shrugs, as if as Sehun can see her. She doesn’t know, what she said yesterday was really over the line, she doesn’t think she can even forgive herself. She pouts to herself, trying to think on how to make it up to Kai. Sehun’s right, she needs to apologize after all. But whether he’ll accept her apologize or not, is something she dare not imagine about.

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch, oh dear lord. Can’t she just stay in the class and skip lunch for today? Violet begs Kim but the later seems to be dragging her no matter how hard Violet protest. Eventually, Violet finds herself at the door of cafeteria. Damn it, she wishes Kim isn’t so persistent.

 

After Violet picks her lunch, she quickly walks over to an empty table, trying to walk pass Kai’s table without being noticed. Unfortunately, she hears her name being called.

 

“Violet!” She freezes at the voice and furrow her eyebrows. She then turns around slowly and looks at the source of the voice, Baekhyun.

“Where are you going? You’re not sitting with us?” Baekhyun asks her cheerfully, unaware of the situation at hand. She scans the table, there Baekhyun sits with Chanyeol, Luhan, Chen and Kris. The rest of the the boys havent arrive yet.

“Kai will be here in a moment, just sit first.” Chen invites her. Violet somehow manages to fake a smile and clears . Kris knows something is wrong, Kris can easily read through her, but he holds his tongue.

“It’s okay, I promised my classmates I’ll sit with them.” Violet lies. At this time, Kim is alrady making her way to Violet’s direction.

“Okay then, bye.” Violet quickly says and leaves. Kim follows her but stops a while to nod at Luhan.

 

 

“Is it really that bad? The fight?” Kim asks Violet once they are seated. They actually manage to find a table filled with few of their classmates. Now that Violet has refused to sit with Kai, Kim is starting to worry. She thoughts Violet and Kai will eventually talk it out in lunch and forget they even fight, but now she’s not so sure anymore.

“The worst.” Violet mutters under her breath before taking the fork and spoon into her hand. After a while, Violet realizes Kai has walk into the cafeteria, because she feels her heart starts beating faster and all the hair on her neck stand up. It’s crazy really. She didn’t even have to look, it’s like, Kai is blessed with an aura that wakes up every cell of Violet’s body whenever he’s in the same room with her. She keeps her head down and not long after that, she hears a screech sound from Kai’s table and that’s when she knows Kai has taken his seat. Violet do her best not to glance, but who is she kidding? That’s her boyfriend sitting across her and of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter