XLIII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Caution : Long chapter ahead. 

Good luck ;)

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ludos…..

 

 

 

As soon as Kai and Chen reach the company building, Kai feels his blood boil as bad as it was this morning when he read the article. They are currently waiting for the elevator to arrive and Kai is tapping his foot, indicating how nervous and furious he really.

“Relax, will you?” Chen says, standing beside the anxious Kai has somehow make him nervous as well. Kai didn’t have anything good to say so he keeps his mouth shut and groans. Once the elevator door is opened, Kai wastes no more time as he takes a big strides into it. He is desperate, and he doesn’t care showing it. Not when Violet is in the picture, not when their relationship is at stake.

 

“Ah here you are.” Luhan greets them as Kai opens the door to one of the office room that Luhan told them about.

“Kai, Chen.” Sehun says as he lifts his head to look at the comers. Kai walks to Luhan and Luhan notices how worked up Kai has gotten over this.

“Where’s the writer?” Kai asks grimly. Luhan knows he will ask of her, will demand to see that one person that has caused this chaos in the morning. That’s why Luhan has sent her off the building and even given her a week off. Only God know what Kai will do to the poor writer that only carries out her duty as gossip columnist.

“She’s not here, and you wont see her. She’s only doing her job, Kai. If there’s one person you want to take your rage on, it’s the person that sent her those photos.” Luhan explains patiently. Kai has never been the wisest in controlling his temper in the group, and Luhan has his ways of calming people down, it’s one of his many charm. Sehun and Chen who is watching the scene before them mentally feel grateful that it’s Luhan that is trying to knock some sense into Kai.

“Then get to your work, Chen. Find out who has a death wish doing this.” Kai says through gritted teeth. He’s angry, and every one in the room acknowledge it. They can only pray that there’s still few humanity left in Kai when they found out who actually sent those photos.

 

 

 

Violet is still pacing back and forth in her room. She skips breakfast and it’s almost 1 now. Her stomach is grumbling, making a loud rumbling sound, but her ego and pride get the best of her. She refuses to get out of the room, refuses to see her parents. Suddenly, her phone rings.

 

“V! I just saw the news!” She hears Kim’s voice on the other line. Somehow Violet breaths a sigh of relief. Her bestfriend is finally calling her. “Oh my God, V. Are you okay? How is your parents dealing with this?” She asks. It doesn’t take a genius to tell that Violet’s parents are the one who’s going to flip because of this, oh well, to be precise, her dad.

“Bad.” Violet replies shortly.

“Oh V I am so so so sorry to hear about this. Do you want me to come over? Do you want to talk about it?” Kim asks.

“Yeah sure, I could really use some talk right now.” Violet agrees. She really need to see somebody, to talk things out. And she knows Kai will be a bad option, there’s no way her dad is allowing that boy to enter the house now considering the issue at hand. Kim hangs up immediately and slips into her sneakers.

 

 

*

 

 

10 minutes after Violet ends her phone call with Kim, her phone rings again. She looks at the screen and smiles upon the ID she sees.

“Kai.” She greets him.

“Sweetheart.” Kai greets back. “How are you feeling?” He asks her. Violet finally stos pacing around and she sits on her bed now.

“Hungry.” She blurts out and Kai chuckles at her comment. Kai momentarily forgets about why he calls her at the first place, and he forgets the fury and wrath he calls her with because all that he’s feeling now is bless and happiness. That’s how much Violet affects her, and he does the same to Violet.

“Hungry?” He asks.

“Hungry.” She reconfirms.

“Why are you not eating, baby?” He throws another question.

“I don’t want to get out from the room, I’m still upset with my dad.” Violet says and immediately slaps her forehead, forgetting the fact that Kai is still unaware with the decision her dad made to send her away. Kai on the other hand didn’t find anything weird with her statement, of course they’re both upset with each other. “Anyway, why are you calling?” Violet asks hastily, trying to change the topic so Kai wouldn’t suspect anything.

When Violet asks that, Kai is immediately reminded by the reason he calls her in the first place and he furrow his brows right away. Before he found out who sent the e-mail, he was so filled with rage that he swore whoever did it will pay for it. Now that they have found out who actually sent it, Kai is worried. He is worried because he knows that as much as he wants to beat the sender to the pulp, he knows he can’t. The sender is a girl, and the group has never uses violence on girls. Sure, Kai plays the hearts of many girls before this, but to actually beat one, is not his thing. He’s not that low.

“We got information…on the identity of the person who sent those pictures.” Kai says carefully and he hears her breath hitch.

“Okay….who is it?” Violet is trying to keep her temper in check. Violet, on the other hand is pretty much the same species with Kai. Among the three of them, Violet, Kim and Amylia, Violet got annoyed so easily and she has a very short temper over things she really hate. She’s not good putting up with people. It’s not that she’s ill mannered, she’s nice, it’s just that getting on her bad side is really not the wisest decision someone could possible make.

“Baby, I don’t think you’ll like this, so you might want…..you know, take a deep breath for a while.” Kai tries to comfort Violet. Kai is not happy with this too, he’s mad, he’s beyond rage, but when he found out about the sender, he realizes that this is not his war, that the article is meant for Violet, and he hates that beyond anything. The thought of somebody will go that far in hurting Violet just sickens him to the pit of his stomach. Violet roll her eyes now, getting a gist of what Kai might reveal.

“Just spill the bean, Kim Jong In.” Violet says annoyingly, her temper is getting the best of her now. Kai notices the sudden change in her tone, and this is exactly what he’s worried about.

“Chen managed to track the IP adress and it seems that it was sent from the Yoo resident.” Kai says quickly, couldn’t hold the horror of revealing it to her. Violet gasps, is opened so wide but she couldn’t care less now, she narrows her eyes and she feels her heart beating so fast she swears they’re going to come out from her chest soon.

“That !” She cries after few second processing the information Kai just told her. Kai on the other hand, bites his lower lip, expecting this kind of reaction.

“What a nerve! She actually did it!” Violet says again, in amusument that it is actually well played, but also in resentment that Amy would go that far, embarrasing her in front of the whole nation.

“Baby, calm down--”

“No, hold your tongue, Kai! This is too much. I can take it if she wants to humiliate me in school, but this?! The whole population of South Korea can get their hands on the newpapers now, already got their hands on the newspapers!” She corrects herself. “And also, my parents…! That really got nerve to play it this way!” Violet explodes and Kai raises his eyebrows. Well, Violet’s no saint, he knows that, but cursing like this isn’t really Violet’s thing. The last time she behaved like this was on the night she confessed to him, the night she also exploded because Kai was accusing her of being together with Kris. This is bad, of course it is.

“She’s going to pay for this! I swear, she will.” Violet says firmly.

 

Kai is half glad half afraid to hear this. He’s glad that because he can’t do anything to Amy, Violet will do something because honestly, Kai himself wants to see that girl goes down in the drain. But he’s also scared, because Violet will be doing something bad to get back at Amy. Kai is no saint also, he admits. But to have his girlfriend getting her hands dirty just to get back at Amy is not something he find himself fond of. He admires the courages she has and how she’s not easy to be played with, but he also worried for the fact that Violet might get into trouble by scheming something against Amylia. But for now, he is going to stand by Violet’s side, protecting her from everything that might ruin her and her plan, and supports her in everything she plans on doing.

“Wow sweetheart, remind me to never make you angry again.” Kai replies finally.

 

 

Before Kim can even get out from the car to enter Violet’s house, Violet already waits for her in front of the big door of her house. Violet opens the door of that white Mercedes Benz that Kim is driving and get herself in the car.

“Where are we going?” Kim asks Violet, clearly realizing that Violet want to go somewhere, with that black jeans and grey hoodie she’s wearing.

“We’re meeting Kai.” She replies shortly and Kim feels gushes of blood running through her veins.

 

 

 

*

 

 

“Hey.” Violet finds herself in Kai’s arm as soon as she steps out from the car. Kai is waiting for them in Baekhyun’s house front yard, because all the boys are gathering in the basement.

“Hey.” Violet mutters against his chest as he holds her close. Kim gets out from the car as well and tries to not make any weird sound, witnessing the scene before her eyes. To see Violet this affectionate is actually a new thing for Kim. Romance does not actually suit Violet, she’s been growing up avoiding one. And plus, all this while, Violet and Kai never get in close proximity in front of Kim. They always do their things in private. Violet realizes Kim’s presence and as much as she wants to stay there in his arm, she pushes Kai and clears his throats.

“We got things to talk about, you want to wait here and do you want to go basement? The boys are there, even Luha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter