XL

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Violet

 

Shoot.

 

My gaze follows the arrow that I’ve just released and I stare in wonder as I witness the arrow stuck itself on the blue ring. 6 points. I gasp in fascination, couldn’t contain the feeling of astonishment. The last time I tried to do archery, I ended up shooting somewhere that was not even on the board. I don’t know if I have more stable and strenght in my arm now or I just really have a good teacher now. Kai.

 

I hear he chuckles behind me and then he takes the bow from my hand.

“You’re a fast learner.” He says in amusemet. I turn my body slightly to look at him, only to have my shoulder to come in contact with his chest. I shudder when I realize how close we’re actually are with each other. Not that I’m not used to this. 

“How does that feel?” He whispers in my ear. What? The shooting or having you close?

“Wonderful.” I answer slowly.

“Wonderful?” he asks for a confirmation. I nod and manage to mutter ‘hmm’ as I watch him closes the gap between our face. At this rate, there’s nothing more that I can do. He has completely enchant me.

 

The same fireworks and sparks fly when our lips come in contact with each other. Amazing how I never seem to get tired or bored with this. I welcome his lips on mine and I turn around completely now to allow him to have a better access. His right hand is still holding the bow and I feel his left hand on my back. I want so much to wrap my arm around that delicious sweaty neck of his, but I restraint myself as I realize we’re on the school field. We could really get into a huge trouble if anybody sees us. I put my hand on both of his shoulder and slowly push him away. He complies, even though I notice how hard it is for him to stop at first, but eventually, his kiss slowly comes to an end, and at  a snail’s pace, he pulls away from me.

 

“Do you think…you need few more minutes to shoot some more arrows?” I ask him, chest is still moving up and down. He smiles at me and then he shakes his head.

 

“No, I think I’m good to go now.” He says.

 

 

 

 

 

“Fweeeet” The sound of the whistle echoes throughout the whole field, marking the last goal I shoot just now as the last goal for the round. I am panting heavily now and I see my team mates are making their way to me. We won the round, no screw that, we have won the final round. We’re officially the champion for the netball category this year. I smile even though I am out of breath. The girls pat behing each other’s back, telling each other we did great. I walk out of the court, go straight to the bench where I put my bottle and grab it as soon I land my eyes on it.

 

The sun is nearly blinding, I couldn’t look straight to the sky without having to narrow my eyes because the sun is shining so gloriously. The breeze whistles through the turning grass of our school field yard. I am walking to calm around aimlessly to calm my breath and I could hear the whistle being blown here and there, countless of time, it is, the Sports Day indeed.

 

There’s so many events going at once on the different corner of the field. The football match, is of course being held in the middle of the field. At the upper right corner, there’s few students and officer judging the long jump event. On another corner, shotput event is being carried out. Few of other students are also in the swimming pool, few are in the gym for the handball and basketball competition. Today is the final day of Sports Day, which mean that all the events today is participated only by the finalist.

 

Kai made it to the final, which mean he’ll be shooting arrows today. I walk hastily as soon as I remember that, trying to get to the archery shooting range. Once I’m there, I heave a relief sigh for they are still preparing. My eyes scans the crowd that is gathering on one corner and I find Kai immediately. He’s sitting on a bench, looking at the ground. I know he’s trying to gather his mind and calm his nerve. He's nervous, that is so obvious.

 

I was told yesterday that apart from Kai, Kris is also moving on to the final in archery. Seriously, that lad excel in basketball, now you’re telling me he’s good in archery too? He cant be serious. Another finalist is a second grader which I don’t even know his name. I walk to Kai but he is too bothered in his own thoughts to even notice I am approaching. The other students are there also, mostly supporters from each house. When my shadow finally covers Kai from the top, he finally looks up at me.

 

“Oh hey Violet” He smiles as soon as he land his eyes on me. I smile back at him.

“Hello.” I tell him. It’s empty beside him on the bench, so I take my seat. I then look around, and notice Kris is talking to one of the coach not far from us. From the look of it, the coach is giving Kris few advices.

“How was your match?” Kai asks me. I turn my head to look at him and gives him the most humble smile I can because I don’t want him to accuse me of showing off .

“We won.” I say and another bright smile creeps upon his pretty face.

“Wow, congratulations, baby.” He tells me and then I nod at him.

“Thank you.” I reply. “So how’re you feeling?” I ask him. 

He shrugs his shoulder in that adorable way he always is. “I’m nervous.” The he bites his lower lip.

“Don’t be. You’ll do great.” I try to comfort him. He then shrugs again.

“I don’t know. Kris is in it. I never seem to surpass him in archery. He has always been better at this.” He tells me. Ah so that’s it. It’s not like Kai is preassured to win, but he’s afraid that Kris will win over him. That’s not really a good sentiment to hold, especially when you’re competing in a sport event. But of course, this is Kai we’re talking about, and Kai doesn’t like losing to anybody.

“Sportsmanship, baby. It’s not always about winning, it’s the spirit that counts, alright?” I tell him, in hope I’ll manage to knock some sense into that thick skull of his. He smiles weakly at me and the he nods.

“Calling for Archery, men’s indidual final. Calling for Archery, men’s indidual final.” We suddenly hear a voice through that blasting speaker. We look around us now, and see people are starting to take their place. The supporters outside the shooting range, the finalist are making their way to the shooting point.

“It’s time.” Kai says and then I nod at him.

“Good luck.” I tell him as we both stand up.

“You’ll be watching?” Kai asks me.

“I don’t know, do you want me to watch?” I ask him. Kai seems to be thinking about it for a second. He blinks at me, and then he nods.

“Yes.” He slowly answer.

“Watch I shall then.”  

 

 

 

 

 

8 points. Kris’ last attempt at winning. Apparently, the other finalist is lacking 2 points so he is confirmed the third place by now. Kai and Kris on the other hand, is still tie. Kai frowns as soon as Kris’ arrow lands on that 8 points and I see he starts to breath heavily. Kris’ coach pats Kris shoulder after he shot and then they return back to the bench. Kai now stands up and I see his coach giving his the last pat on his back. If he score another 8 points, then both Kris and him have to shoot again. If his point is below 8, then Kris will win and that will put Kai on the second place. At this point, the only option Kai have is to hit that yellow ring, securing 9 points.

 

Kai takes his stand now, and I hear few girls chanting his name from outside of the shooting range. I roll my eyes mentally, that’s my man you guys are shouting for. But then I push away my jealousy, for that makes me sound like a control freak and my jealousy is not relevant. Those girls are from his sport house and are genuinely supporting him. I should stop acting like a spoiled .

Kai raises his bow over his head and place it in front of him now. I watch his graceful movements, how he pull the string, how he put his fingers below his jaw, how he make sure the string is close to his nose, how he squint his left eyes so his right eye will have a better focus, how he breath in and then hold his breath for a few seconds. In that short moment when Kai is aiming, everybody on the field stays quiet. All eyes are on him. I know how nerverwrecking this is to him, and I can only pray he’ll push away all the unnecessary nerve and stay true to his aim. He slowly let out a final breath and in that spur of moment he releases his bowstring.

 

9 points.

 

The crowd goes wild. The girls from his house are now jumping on their feet, celebrating his win. The other boys from his house run to him to hug him. The moment that arrow lands on that yellow area, Kai turns around and raises his hand that is holding the bow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter