XXXIX

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Violet

 

 

From : Love

Time : 11:52 p.m

Content : I heard you guys won the second place. Proud of you, baby. Congratulations :)

 

 

From : Love

Time : 07:13 a.m

Content : Good morning, sweetheart. Havent heard anything from you since yesterday, call me.

 

p/s : I miss you.

 

I smile as soon as I read the text messages after I finished my breakfast. Kai sent one message last night and he sent one again this morning. I immediately feel guilty that I didn’t even call him last night to tell him I’m home and we won. I hit that ‘call’ button hurriedly and sneak a glance at the clock. It’s 09:38 a.m.

 

“Hello!” I say as soon as I hear he picks up.

“Morning, Violet.” He greets me. My lips automatically curve upwards upon hearing his voice. Oh baby. He sounds out of breath though.

“What are you doing?” I ask him.

“I’m working out, baby.” He tells me and I flush at the thought of him working out, in the gym, running on the treadmill, sleeveless, sweaty. Damn sweaty and hot.

“Oh.” I manage to say. I then shake my head and try to focus on reality. “Hey look, I’m sorry I didn’t call last night, it’s been a long day and I was just too tired, I went straight to sleep. And I woke up quite late this morning-”

“Hey hey, it’s okay. I got it. You finally called, that’s all that matters.” He says. I’m sitting down on my bed now, ruffling my bedsheet.

“And thank you, for the congratulatory message.” I tell him then I throw myself on the bed, laying on my back now.

“No problem, I wanted to come and watch, but you wont allow me. That’s the least I can do.” Kai says. Yeah, he did intend to come yesterday, but of course I said no. How can I even focus on debating when I know he’s in the crowd watching me? He argued with me for it, but I told him I feel exactly the same when he feel about me watching him dance. Apparently, that he can understand and agreed to not to come.

“So what are you doing today?” he asks me.

“I’m going to rest. Seriously, it’s been a tough long week. Oh and, are you coming tonight? For dinner?” I ask him. I know I told him about this already, and I hope he didn’t forget it like I did.

“Of course I am. I was going to ask about that. What time?” he asks me. Oh thank God he didn’t forget.

“Urm, 8? Everything’s okay with you? Anything you’re allergic to?” I ask him for a confirmation. So far that I know, Kai is not allergic to anything but still, better safe than sorry, right? And I do know he loves chicken. He can literally survive on only chicken, no rice or anything else.

“Yep, everything’s okay with me. I’m not allergic to anything though.” He answers. I nod at him.

“So, where are you working out?” I ask him now.

“In my gym. I do have a gym here in my penthouse.” He answers. Oh he does? I never actually got any chances to explore his penthouse. I’ve only been there thrice. When he was drunk, which, he never know until now, when we made up, and the last time I was there, he ended up only in his boxers. I smile when I am reminded of that.

“Alright then, you go on and continue your thing. I’m going to take a shower now.” I tell him.

“Okay baby, thanks for calling. I’ll see you tonight.” He says.

“Tonight then.”

 

 

 

 

 

I watch as Eun Soo and two other maids set up the tables with the dishes. I notice there’s almost 5 different dishes on the table. Hmm, yeah right, Kai is treated like a royalty, even by my mom. I then hear my mom’s voice behind me so I turn around to look at her. She’s wearing a simple grey blouse with a black skirt that stops right below her knees.

 

“Oh honey, what are you wearing?” My mom asks me while gasping. I look down to my clothes. I’m wearing a sweatpants and a long sleeve peach t-shirt. Why? I don’t see any problem in it.

“This is what I always wear at home.” I tell her. She rolls her eyes and come forwards to rest both of her palms on my shoulders.

“Yes honey, but Jong In’s coming tonight, go and put something nice.” My mom says. Nice? This is not nice? I am about to open my mouth to protest when we suddenly hear the bell rings. I quickly get out from my mom’s grasp.

“I’ll get the door.” I raise my voice so everybody can hear then I turn around abruptly so my mom couldn’t catch me.

“No, Violet Lee, go and change you clothes first….” I hear my mom nags behind me, but I walk faster. Pffft, there’s no way I’m dressing up for Kai, and it’s just dinner with my parents. No big deal.

 

I put my hand on the door knob and breath in. I open the door and there, I see Kai standing in front of my door. He looks amazing as usual. He’s wearing a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeve stripped shirt. In his hand he have a bouquet of flowers, which I pray hard he didn’t buy for me. I scan the bouquet and recognize the flowers to be a mix of different of violet family flowers. There’s Teesdale Violet, Wild Pansy and Bog Violet amongts the flowers. I don’t like flowers but I can easily recognize them because my mom’s hobby is gardening. When I was little, she will ask me to accompany her to grow and cultivate plants in our garden and she’ll spent hours on lecturing me on different types of flowers. Her favorite flower would be the Viola Tricolor, which is why she named me Violet. Kai then flashes me that usual glorious smile of his and I smile back at him in no time.

“Hello.” He starts.

“Hello yourself.” I reply and then I take a step back, trying to beckon him to come inside. “Come on, let’s get inside.” I tell him. He nods at me and then walks towards me. I close the door behind him and then at that moment I hear my mom’s voice coming towards us. Oh great.


“Ahhh Jong In, here you are.” My mom says happily when she sees him. Behind her, there’s few maids that follow her. My mom smiles at Kai.

“Mrs.Lee,” Kai bows at her. “It’s good to see you again. It’s been a long time.” Kai says. Then, he hands the flowers to my mom. I sigh in relief. “This is for you.” Kai tells my mom. My mom smiles like so brightly I swear she’s going to tear into two. She takes the bouqet and scans it.

“Oh boy, they’re beautiful. Thank you so much.” My mom says and then she gives the bouquet to one of the maids. “Put them in a vase please.” My mom orders and the maid nods her head.

“Ah now, come. Let’s get to the dining table.” My mom tells Kai and we both follow her. I give Kai an apologetic smile and shrugs at him. God, have mercy on Kai please.

 

 

My dad comes down when all of us are already seated. Kai for once, looks like he’s nervous. He stands up the moment he sees my dad steps into the kitchen and greets him immediately.

 

“Mr.Lee.” He bows at him. My dad looks at him and nods. He then pats Kai’s shoulder which I must admit, quite shocking.

“Kim Jong In.” My dad says his full name.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, sir.” Kai says. My dad gives him that warm smile but I couldn’t quite decipher what that smile means.

“Likewise.” My dad replies and then he sits down on the head of the table. Kai is sitting on my dad’s left while my mom sits on my dad’s right. I sit beside Kai, knowing I have to help in calming down his nerve all the time. But he’s done a quite good job so far. Kai is a charmer after all, everyone is bound to like him. I guess my parents are no exception, even though I still couldn’t figure out how my dad feels about him.


We start to eat and my dad starts asking question about his background. I roll my eyes in annoyance though. My dad knows exactly what his family does, he knows them. Maybe not personally, but proffesionally. My dad knows most of the big bussiness man in South Korea. Kai answers his questions without fail and my mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter