XXXIII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Violet

 

“I’ve fallen inlove with you since the day I bumped into you, silly.” Kai whispers into my ear. I breath out heavily and relaxe all my muscles, only to realise I’ve been tensing them since the moment Kai takes me into his arm, waiting for his response. Now that I got it, I close my eyes in relief and thank God for it. But wait, he has fallen for me since that long? But that doesn’t make any sense, he was being a jerk back then, especially with the phone incident and cutting my name off the dance club. I want to ask him about that, hell, I have thousands of questions to ask him, but for now, I just want to dwell in the comfort of his arm and the presence of his company. I stay in silence for few minutes, just to hear his heart beating behind my back, and I don’t even give a damn about the heavy rain that is pouring on us. All that I know is that he’s here, and he loves me. Kai loves me.


After some times I slowly push his hands off my waist and my neck. At a slow pace, I turn around to face him, heart beating like a drum. When my eyes finally lock with his, I feel like collapsing to the ground. How the hell he manage to stay this handsome even with those wet hair and sad eyes that look like he spent 10 days crying. He looks down at me now, not saying anything. I swallow the image of him in front of me and then my hand automatically moves to caress his cheek. He flinches a bit when my fingers first come in contact with his flawless skin but then he leans in, signalling me to go ahead. I his cheek with my fingers and couldn’t help but notice that he’s gotten skinnier, I then run my fingers along his wide cheekbone and finally I brush my thumb against his lower lip. That’s when he smiles at me and I know that’s my cue. I tip toe a bit, curl my hands around his neck and crash my lips against his like that is the only place I belong.

 

I feel his hands making its way around my waist and I let him scoots me closer to him. We kiss and we kiss, slowly like it’s our first time kissing, but passionately like we’ve been doing this for years. The rain sometime got into our mouth but I pass it into Kai’s and then he swallows them for me. I slant my lips against his and then slant them again for few time, just to make sure I get to kiss every inch of his lips. I rake my hand into his hair and that’s when he gasps and pull away from the kiss. He pushes his forehead against mine, and still firmly holding my waist.

“Sorry, that was surprising. You never did that before.” He says. I frown, it’s true that I havent play and pull his hair when we’re kissing but he’s Kai, I’m sure he kissed plenty of other girls before and havent they did that before too? Why does he react like he’s not used to it. I’m sure he have gotten into more passionate make out session but somehow that thought angered me. The thought of another girl kissing him and touching him so I brush away the thought quickly.

“I know how much girl like kissing in the rain sort of thing, but we really need to get inside. You might catch a cold.” Kai says and I nod at him. He then takes my hand, drags me across the field and then we’re back into the hallway we came from just now. Kai then looks at me and I raise my eyebrows at him.

“You want to go home now? You need to change and dry your hair seriously. The last thing I want is for you to have a fever.” Kai tells me. I think about it for quite a while, I can actually just go home, my parents wont mind to see how  drenched I am, the worst thing that can happen is that they’ll lecture me about how I’m supposed to take better care of myself. But I’d be lying if I say I want to go home straight away. There’s so many things I want to tell him and ask him.

“Let’s go to your place.” I blurt out. “I don’t think my parents would be pleased with me coming home soaked.” I tell him, partly true, partly lie. He seems to consider it for a while too, and then he nods at me.

“Alright, let’s go then.” He takes my hand in no time.

“Wait, my things are still in the library.” I tell him and stop following his track.

“And you want to walk into the library with this condition?” He asks. “No offense, but you are soaked to the skin, I can easily see right through that white shirt of yours, I’m not letting any of the boys in the library see it too.” He says. I gasps at him and hurriedly cross my arms in front of my chest. He then chuckles at my reaction.

“No point, I can still see your singlet strap.” He tells me and then I punch his arm.

“ert.” I scowl at him.

“It wasn’t my fault, you were the one who ran outside.” Kai defends himself childishly. “Just, c’mon, I’ll call the boys to get your things for you.” He tells me and then  straight away catch my wrist. I can’t even protest, this dude is still impossible.

 

 

 

 

Once we get into his car, he turns on the engine and the heater. He then takes out his phone from his pocket and curse under his breath when he tries to unlock his phone.

“, it’s not working anymore. Must be because of the rain.” He says and then he drops his phone on his laps. Kai then leans to my side and opens the the glove box and runs his fingers into the things inside there. Then, he takes out another phone from there. What? Who keep phones in their glove box in the car?

“How many phones do you keep in there?” I ask him.

“I think around 3.” He says and then I see he’s tapping on his phone.

“Why do you need that much phone anyway, each phone for each girl?” I can’t help but to ask that one out loud, Kai, is a player after all.

“Violet.” He says my name in warning tone now. “Careful, I meant what I said to you back there in the field.” He speaks and then he brings his phone to his ear. What? That he has fallen inlove with me since the first day we met? And am I supposed to deduce that he never went out with any other girls after that? I roll my eyes and then I slump in my chair.

“Hello Sehun?” I hear Kai says. “Can you please gather Violet’s belonging in the library and bring it to my apartment when you get back?” Kai asks. I then tap his arms and then he looks at me.

“Wait a minute Sehun.” He says to the phone and then look at me.

“What is it?” he asks me.

“Tell him to tell Kim that I’m going back with you also, and tell her I apologize I didn’t see her before leaving.” I tell Kai. Kai nods at me and then conveys the message to Sehun through the phone. When he’s done, he starts driving.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai key in the same password that I managed to guess last Saturday when we’re in the elevator. I need to ask him about the 1437 thing also. I start making a list in my head now, things I need to ask him, stuffs I need clarification on. By that time we’re in the elevator, I notice our clothings are not that soak with water anymore, the heater in the car helps. Our shirt is only damp now, but it’s still cold.

 

When we get into his apartment, I smile at the memory of entering this place before. Kai didn’t know that I’ve been here of course, and that’s one thing I’m glad for. I follow him to his bedroom upstairs and smile even wider when I see his bed. The memory of kissing him there come flooding back. Kai stops walking and I accidentally bump into his back because I obviously not paying attention to the surrounding when I’m looking at his bed.

He turn around and frown at me confusely. He walks into his walk-in closet and I sneak a peek at it, wow, he got bunch of clothes and shoes and pants in there. He then comes out with a towel and a bathrobe in his hand.

 

“Here you go, you can have a shower first. I’ll go make you something hot to drink.” He hands me the towel and the bath robe and I slowly take it from him.

“And leave your clothes in front of the bathroom door, I’ll take it to dry them when I’m done with the drink.” Kai tells me. I blush at the thought of leaving my clothes for him to handle, what? Am I supposed to leave my undergarment as well? That will be awkward, he was already teasing me about my spaghetti strap just now. “What?” He asks when he notices my reaction.

“I’ll do it myself, just let me know where the drying machine is later.” I tell him.

“And why are you blushing?” He asks me sarcastically, smile carved on his face. Damn it, he knows exactly why, and he still need to hear it from me. Bastard.

“Don’t be a jerk, you know why.” I start whining now. He giggles at me and then he nods his head.

“Alright, alright. If you really feel that uncomfortable with me handling your ‘clothes’…” He smirks at me. “Now go shower.” He turns me around and pushes me to the bathroom. It’s true what I always thought, Kai will really be the death of me.

 

 

After shower, I dry myself with the towel then I wrap myself around the bath robe. I also rinse my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter