XXXII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Violet

 

“I’m going home now, don’t you dare say a word about this to anybody.” I warn Sehun once I close the door of Kai’s bedroom.

Sehun smirks at me and then he tilts his head. “Not even to Kai?” He asks me.

I narrow my eyes to intimidate him. “Especially to Kai.” I tell him.

“But why?” Sehun whines now.

“Sehun, give me some time. I’m not ready, let me think things over.” I honestly tell him. I also don’t know what’s going to happen after this. Is this considering as making up already? I don’t know. Kai’s drunk, it’s not like he will even remember anything tomororow. And I don’t like the idea of him finding it out from Sehun about what's happened tonight.

“I don’t get it, you like him. Kai likes you. I don’t actually understand why are you guys still torturing each other. Well, for Kai I understand, he thought you and Kris are a thing, that’s why he’s damaging himself now, but seriously though, for you, I don’t get it. I told you clearly that Kai likes you.” Sehun preaches. I frown, not knowing what to respond.

“Maybe I want to hear it from himself.” I blurt out and then Sehun blinks at me. As much as I hope what Kris and Sehun told me is true, I couldn’t help but to doubt Kai a little. He need to say it, he need to tell me. I don’t want to hear it from his friends.

“Don’t tell Kai that I came tonight, please. I promise I’ll sort something out, Sehun.” I plead him. Sehun finally gives in and then he heaves a sigh.

“Fine, I seriously don’t know what to do with you guys anymore.” He says. I nod and then I turn around to get out of there.

 

“Are you staying for the night?” I aks Sehun as I press the button of the elevator.

“Yeah, I don’t feel like driving home this late.” Sehun answers me.

“When he wakes up please make sure he eat some aspirin and drink a lot of water.” I tell Sehun. “He have aspirin in here right?” I ask Sehun.

“I guess so, I’ll look for it later.” Sehun tells me. I nod and then hop into the elevator once the door is open.

 

 

 

When I wake up it is already 12 in the afternoon. I curse under my breath as I recall last night incident. Right, so much for helping a drunk bastard, I’ve spent the whole morning sleeping. I quickly get off my bed and then take a shower. I hope Sehun didn’t tell Kai about me coming to his rescue last night or I swear I don’t know how in the world to face Kai. It will be awkward. After I finish my shower, I get out from my room to go downstair but stop when I see my dad in his reading room. Oh they’re back. I slowly step into the reading room and my dad’s head lift up from the tablet he’s reading to me. I smile at him.

“Hey dad.” I greet him and then he takes off his glasses.

“Well hello, Violet.” He smiles at me. I walk to sit in front of him, on the sofa.

“You wake up quite late today.” He tells me. I nod at him and gulp. What am I supposed to answer to him? That I was out until 3 a.m managing a drunk boy?

“I’m tired. I stayed up last night doing some reading.” I lie and then I bit my lips to prevent anymore lie to come out from my mouth. “What time you and mom got home?” I ask.

“Around 6 like that. She’s still sleeping, jetlag.” My dad tells me.

“Is everything doing good in US?” I ask him.

“Yeah, everything’s doing good, except for some downfall in the market, but that’s normal.” Right, here my dad goes again, talking about business like I understand them. I nod and fake a smile at him.

“How about you? Everything’s okay with you?” He asks me in return. I’m not okay dad, I’m confused, I’m puzzled, I feel like I’m in a maze that will not be solved no matter what I did.

“I’m okay.” I shrugs at him. He then nods at me then he puts down his tablet on the coffee table in front of us. He also put down his reading glasses then he look at me again.

“You know Violet, you can always tell me if anything’s wrong. You’re still my princess after all.” My dad tells me. I smile right away when I hear this, because honestly I kindda miss this.  One to one talk with my dad. He’s been away most of the time, and even if he’s home, he’ll spend hours in his reading room doing his work and talks on the phone with his secretary.

“I’m okay.” I reassure him and then stand up immediately before he can intterogate me anymore. I walk to the door and about to walk out when I turn around and decide to just ask my dad a question.

“Dad, it’s just….” I pause. He looks at me and raise his eyebrows now. “How do I know if a boy really likes me?” I ask him. My dad then smirk at me.

“Violet, we comminucate differently. People might say women is the most confusing creatures on earth, but that’s not entirely true. What I can say is, stop listening to what he says, and pay attention to what he does.” My dad tells me. What he does? What Kai does? Well basically, nothing. Why is this conversation leading me to a deeper confusion that I am already in.

“And most of all, trust your intuition. You girls, are always right.” He smiles at me. I heave a sigh and then smile back at him.

“I’ll see you at lunch, dad.” I tell him and walk out of the room.

 

 

Before I go to sleep I repeat my dad’s advice countless of time in my head. Pay attention to what he does. Well, so far Kai has done nothing. But wait, is his act of returning the necklace is nothing? The fact that he wants me to keep it is nothing? Is his act of walking away that day in café once the article about me and Kris came out is nothing also? His act of damaging himself, according to Sehun is because he’s furious about me and Kris is nothing as well? I growl in frustation, seriously, why can’t he just come up to me and talk to me if he’s so mad about it? He’s the man, I can’t possibly go and talk to him, that’d be wrong! I sigh, and then I sigh again. My dad also told me to trust me intuition, and that is actually the hardest thing to do. I don’t even know what my intuition is. 

 

 

 

Monday. My heart has been beating rapidly since the second I step into the school’s hallway. I don’t want to bump into Kai, I don’t even know if Sehun stay true to his word. I’m walking with Kim beside me and I look down to the floor the whole time, please, let’s just end this day quickly.

 

“Oh Violet, what time does your training finish?” Kim asks me when we’re seated on our chairs in the class.

“Around 5 like that.” I tell her.

“Ahh I see, I’m staying back at school today. The mid term is coming up in few weeks. I need to study. I’m going back at 8. You want to come with me or go home straight after your training?” She asks me. Oh right, the mid term assessment. I’ve been so preoccupied with the debate thing that I forgot we have an assessment coming. I facepalm myself, realizing there’s a whole bunch of chapter I havent covered yet.

“I guess I’ll join you for stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter