XXXI

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Violet

 

Saturday. I’ve spent a great amount of time last night thinking about what Sehun told me. But then again, I’ve always spend so many time before sleep thinking about Kai. If only I remember on how to smile when he’s on my mind, that would be a laughable concept, because he always felt heavy on my mind now. He’s gone from my life, but I still think his presence haunting me in every corner of my house, I still stumble upon the image of him burning inside my mind, I wake to his voice during the nights I pray I will not remember in the morning. Laugh at me, but I think if I continue to live like this I might actually lose my mind one day.

 

 

My parents are not at home, they flew to U.S this morning, attending some bussiness matter. I didn’t go to the hospital today, because I’m pretty sure Ji Hoon will ask about Kai and where would I find strength to smile and lie to him that Kai’s busy? I complete my homework and I watch some movies. The day goes pretty fast for me. After dinner, I walk to my room and throw myself on my bed. It’s been a long week seriously. Starts with the rumor of Kris and me, then Kris telling me that Kai likes me, how the hell am I not supposed to get affected by that, seriously? Then with Sehun yesterday. I heave a sigh, then I close my eyes, hoping this week will just end.

 

The ring of my phone is what wakes me up, it’s been ringing for few times, I decide to ignore for the first few time but it doesn’t give up on ringing. I wonder who is so persistant in calling me in the middle of the night. I glance at my phone before I answer the call to check the time, it’s 1:16 in the morning. Oh God, who could be calling at this time? It’s an unknown number.

 

“Hello.” I answer.

“Hello Violet?” A boy speaks on the other line.

“Urm, yeahh,who’s this?” My voice hoarse.

“Violet, thank God you pick up. This is Sehun.” The boy answers. Sehun? I sit up immediately.

“Sehun? What do you want?” I whine, despite the shock that I had, I’m still annoyed he decided to just call me in the middle of the night.

“Violet, I need your help, please.” Sehun pleads.

“What is it?”

“It’s Kai.” He says and I immediately scoff. He notices my reaction and immediately speaks up again. “Violet, Kai is heavily drunk right now. And he wont budge from the bar. He takes too many drink, it’s crazy, Violet. He’s a mess. He broke so many glasses already the bar tender threathen to call guards if we didnt take him home now. I tried to bring him home, but apparently all I got is a punch on my face.” He says.

“And?” I ask again, couldn’t clearly see where this is going.

“Can you please come and coax him to come home. He’s creating a scene here. If somebody calls the guards, he’ll fight them, the guards might have to use force on him.” Sehun says. Is he crazy?! Kai is drunk, and even Sehun got punch, does he want me to have bruises all over my body? God know what that kid would do when he’s drunk.

“And what makes you think I can do it?” I ask Sehun.

“C’mon Violet, let’s just skip all the bull for once and admit that Kai wont lay a finger on you, he likes you that much.” Sehun says. “And I’m pretty sure he wont punch you in the face like he did to most of us.” Sehun says. I heave a sigh, clearly not knowing how to respond to this.

“Sehun, I don’t know, I can’t…”

“You seriously not gonna come, Violet?” He spats at me.

“Sehun, it’s 1 in the morning, you expect me to just run to some club to save Kai?” I ask him.

“Yes, because if it were you, I know Kai would do the same.” Sehun says and he hangs up. What the hell? That dude just really love leaving things hanging didn’t he?


Should I go? Would it be some kind of prank they’re playing on me? I shake my head, trying to think of something. Should I call Kris? No, wait, stop dragging Kris into this. Nothing have ever turn out well with Kai whenever Kris is in the picture. I bit my lower lip, frowning at myself, and rake my hair. Damn it, just damn it. I walk out of my bed, open my wardrobe and pull out my black hoodie. I’m giving Kai the benefit of the doubt tonight, he better not ruin it.

 

 

I call Sehun back and it takes him forever to answer. “Sehun, which club?” I ask as soon as he picks up.

“Octagon.” He answers, now it sounds very noisy in the background. I hang up as soon as I get the answer and I walk downstair, it’s empty. Hmm yeah, what do I expect.  It’s 1 in the morning. I walk pass the living room, then straight to the door.

I walk to the security guard house near my gate and find one of my driver is there, talking with one of the guard. We always have a driver on duty 24/7 in case of emergency. Well I guess, this is an emergency.

 

“Mr Yoo, can you take somewhere please? My friends need help, it’s an emergency.” I tell him. They both look startled when they see me there and Mr.Yoo quickly stands up.

“Does your parents know?” He asks. , just lie, V, lie.

“Yes I called them already.” I manage to lie without stuttering or stammering.

“Where to?” He asks again.

“Just get in, I’ll tell you on the way.” I ask and he quickly walks out of the guard house towards the car prepared in front of the porch of my house.

 

When I tell Mr.Yoo I’m going to the octagon club I swear I see his face change like I just tell him I can fly.

“Just go, don’t ask anything. And I’ll keep quiet about your scandal with Eun Soo.” I tell him. Yep, perks of knowing my employee’s secret. Mr.Yoo isn’t that old, if Eun Soo is 6 years older than me, he would be just 7 years older than me. They’re the youngest staff in the house, living with us, seeing each other every day and every time, for sure did something on them. One day I caught them kissing in Eun Soo’s room, which I feel like cleansing my eyes and my ear. I didn’t tell anybody because Amy told me at that time I can use it when I need them to do something for me. Tonight, it works. He didn’t protest and he keeps driving. I receive one text message.

 

From : Unknown number.

Message : I’ll wait for you outside of the club to let you in.

 

I’m guessing it from Sehun. When I reach the club, I swear under my breath for actually agreeing to come. I see Sehun immediately and when I open the door of my car, his head lift up to look at me.

 

“Violet!” He calls for me.

“Wait here.” I tell Mr.Yoo and close the door then immediately walk to Sehun. He jogs to my side.

“Thanks for coming, let’s get him out of here.” Sehun tells me. Oh he really got punched, his right cheek is blue black now.

“It’s just you?” I ask him while walking inside the club. Sehun nods at the guards, then they let us in.

“No, Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun is here.” He says then he leads me inside.

 

 

 

I don’t like, I don’t like it a bit. It’s noisy and it’s dark, and it’s full of people. The sounds of the music that is blastering in every corner makes me sick. I never set my foot in any club, hell, I’m only 16. I don’t know how these guys gain admission to clubs, they’re only 17 and 18, they’re still not legal. I push the thought away then follow Sehun into the different chamber in the club. Surprisingly, there’s less people in here and the dance floor is smaller than the one I saw just now. Sehun keep walking and I follow his lead, we almost reach other bar, I can see it now but suddenly Sehun stop walking because we are being greeted by few familiar faces I recognize. Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Suho’s eyes widen like an owl when he sees me.

 

“You called Violet?” Suho asks. Despite all the noise from the music, I can still hear them. But of course, who know how hard they yell to get the words out of their throat.

“There’s no choice, Kai wont listen to us.” Sehun explains to them.

“Kai will hurt her.” Suho warns us.

“He will not, c’mon Suho, you know how Kai feels about Violet.” Sehun defends his action of bringing me. Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t say anything.

“Fine.” Suho heave a sigh then he moves a bit to reveal to me the bar behind him. My eyes wildly scan the every person that is sitting there and I gasp when I see a familiar back, with a tousled hair, holding a glass of alcohol to drink. It’s Kai, it’s really Kai. The next thing I know is my feet already taking me to him. I walk closer to him, step by step. I havent talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter