XXI

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

2 hours and a half. That’s how long we’ve been in this car, speeding through the highway. Apparently, the boys’ stamina only last for a while. For the first hour, they were making noises singing their favorite songs in the car, they also asked me about how Kai treats me, which Kai then got annoyed at their question and shut them up. Now, both Sehun and Baekhyun are sleeping at the back, sometime I hear them snores, but they’re just soft little snores, like snore babies would produce. I look at them through the mirror and smile at how adorable and innocent they actually look. 

 

I’ve been going through a dilemma with Kai’s friends also. It’s not just Kai, it’s his whole circle of friends. The fact that they are all so nice to me and Kim, is sickening. Because I know these boys are the one who put a price on my head, these exact same boys I see at lunch. I am so mired in my thoughts that I end up looking at them through the mirror longer than I should, that, until Kai clears his throat. I then look at Kai.

 

“What?” I ask.

“Stop staring at them.” Kai whines and then I raises my eyebrow at him.

“You rather I stare at you then?” I ask him and almost in an instant, he smirks.

“Yes.” He answers and I regret that I ask. Kai then yawns and then he shakes his head, trying to shake his sleepiness as well.

“You’re alright?” I ask him.

“Just don’t sleep too, then I wont be alright.” He says, ops, he’s being annoyingly sweet again. I roll my eyes at him.

“Seriously, I think you should stop tho, wake Sehun or Baek up, ask them to take turn.” I suggest.

“Nehhh it’s okay, I can manage.” He says and then I heave a sigh. Right, it’s not like Kai ever listen to me anyway. After a few minutes, he yawns again. I shake my head and decide to just wake one of the boys up. I turn my body slightly to my side, and my eyes land on Baek who sits behind Kai.

“Baekkkkk, wake up.” I call for him.

“What are you doing?” Kai asks while holding my right arm.

“Baekhyunnnnnn, we’re here!” I raises my voice and then instantly Baekhyun opens his eyes and sit up.

“Huh huh? We’re here?” He asks with a swollen eyes. Oh boy. I then giggle at him.

“Nope we’re not.” I answers and then Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

“Kai, your girlfriend is such a tease. She’s becoming more like you now.” Baek says and then I hear Kai scoff at my side.

“Anyway, can you please replace Kai to drive? I think he’s very sleepy and I’m sure none of us would like to get into an accident.” I tell Baekhyun and then he grins at me.

“Awww such a sweet girlfriend. Kai, can I keep her?” Baekhyun asks and then I roll my eyes.

“Sorry bro, can’t do. I’m having a hard time myself in keeping her.” Kai replies and then I slap his arm. Seriously, why does he need to play along. Baekhyun laughs and then stop when I shoot him a glare.

“Okay okay, I’ll drive. Kai, pull over.” Baekhyun says and Kai does exactly just that.

 

Kai wakes Sehun up as well, asking him to sit at the front. Apparently, he’s not allowing me to sit beside Baekhyun. I heave a sigh, it’s not like I have a say in things like this, Sehun mumbles few words when he wakes up and then move to the front seat, poor boy. Then, we four take our seat inside the car, right after that, Baekhyun starts driving. I look at the scenery of our sorrounding through the window and then I turn to my left, only to find Kai looking at me.

“Go to sleep.” I tell him.

“I don’t want to miss such a beautiful view.” He answers. I’m not sure what he’s talking about tho, the view of the mountains and forests around us, or..

“You, I’m talking about you.” He says, answering the question in my head. Baekhyun clears his throat at the front and we both look at him.
“I think I’m just going to plug in the earphone and drive.” Baek teases us and then he slips both of the earbuds to his ear and starts shaking his head to the song he’s listening. I turn my attention to Kai again and then I notice the eyebag under his eyes.

“Seriously, what time you went to sleep last night?” I ask.

“2” He answers. 2? And by 0530 he’s already in front of my house to pick me up. What did he do that he stayed up so late anyway?

“We went for futsal last night.” He answers, again, like reading my mind.

“Go.to.sleep.” I stress my sentence and then he shakes his head like a little boy refusing to do homework.

“Fine, then I’ll go to sleep.” I tell him and then I close my eyes. I hear him chuckles and I stay like that for few minutes. I don’t want to open my eyes, not so sure how to react if I find him starring at me, that would be awkward. But if I open my eyes and find him already sleeping, that would somehow be disappointing. I’m not sure anymore, so I just keep my eyes shut and after some times, I feel his hand sneaking around my waist and then he pulls me close.

 

I still keep my eyes closed, but my hearts is thumping like it’s going to give up soon, the butterflies in my stomach now are making their comeback and are flying around again, like they’re in some kind of garden and my stomach is their playground. I curse myself for not being able to stop feeling all of this emotion. When my shoulder meet his, he stop pulling and tightens his hand around my waist. He then push the side of my head gently, until it land on his shoulder. After that I feel his lips on my forehead. “Dream of me.” He whisper after kissing my forehead and then rest his head on top of mine. I frown, because I realise that’s all it could be, that’s all him could be, that’s all us could be. Something never really exist in reality but only a dream. And I feel my heart being torn into two because sometimes, a dream stays a dream.

 

 

 

 

I wake up the voice calling for me and in an instand I know the owner of the voice. I try to open my eyes but shut it right after when an abundant of light penetrates my cornea. I realise I’m still clinging into Kai so I move away from, with my eyes still shut close. I begin stretching my hands and then slowly I try to open my eyes again. This time, it’s not as painful as before so I manage to gather my sight in a matter of second. I turn to look at Kai, and as expected I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter