I

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“Violet, are you almost donet? c’mon, all the other girls are already in the gym.” Kimberly calls for her bestfriend who is still changing into her sports attire in the changing room.

“A minute!” Violet replies. Kimberly sighs, not sure what is taking her so long to change. Maybe Violet just wants to look good, it’s their first week in high school after all. Being a junior in a high school definitely gives them the chills. Seeing those older girls being scary and pretty at the same time. Not to forget the older boys who are more masculine than their same age guy friends.

“I’m done!” Violet says when she opens the door, only to find Kimberly standing there, rolling her eyes at her.

“Where’s Amy?” Violet asks when she sees nobody else is in the changing room.

“She has already left, let’s go.” Kimberly replies so the two girls make their way to the gym.

 

“Alright, divide into two teams. We’ll be playing netball today.” The gym teacher yells at them. Violet smiles, she has always been good at netball. No, screw that, she’s a netballer in middle school, for goodness’s sake. She’s not good, she’s amazing at it. Kimberly runs straight to Violet, because obviously everybody wants to be in one team with an expected winner.

“I’m going to lead another team!” Amy shouts at Violet, Violet nods at her. Amy too, is a good netballer, they’re on the same team in middle school. Kimberly is the only one out of the three of them that doesn’t do sport. If there’s one thing Kimberly is good at, it is academic. She excels in them.


When the gym teacher blows the whistle, Amy swears she sees Violet smirking at her. Amy plays the ‘center’ position while Violet takes position of the ‘goal attacker’. The girls start running on the court, serving and receiving balls from each other. It is indeed a good game. When Violet gets the ball, she turns her body but she keeps her stepping in check, she aims at the net and when she’s about to shoot the ball, she feels another ball coming straight at her shoulder. Losing her balance because the balls that hits her was coming so fast, she falls to the ground, wincing in pain. First pain is on the shoulder, the next one is on her .

“Ouch!” She winces. Everybody gasps.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” She hears a boy’s voice calls out for her across the gym. She also hears footstep coming towards her direction but she didn’t bother to lift her head to look at the boy.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.” The boy says to her again once he reaches her side. He bends down to her level. Violet then makes a decision to just look at the thrower and she reminds herself a few times to not throw him a punch once she sees him. She lifts her head up, and stops when her eyes meet his.

 

If she says she is looking at an angel she will be exaggerating but that is exactly what she’s looking at. She locks her eyes with his, mouth not saying anything. She senses everybody else is coming to her side, to check up on her but she couldn’t move her eyes from looking at him. Those fine twinkling eyes that she is looking at are so beautiful she almost thought he got a plastic surgery for it, that pointed sharp nose of him that really fits his delicate face, that sharp jawline that makes him look so masculine, so manly, and that adorable lips of him that she would be more than willing to kiss. She blinks again, she is pretty sure the ball just now hit her shoulder, not her head so there is no way in hell and heaven that she is getting a concussion and she’s imagining things. This is real, he is real.

When she feels a nudge on her shoulder, that’s when Violet snaps out from her dreamy little thought.

“You’re okay?” Violet hears Amy asks. Violet musters all of her courage to look away from the boy and nods at Amy.

“Yes, I’m okay.” She nods at her then Amy lifts her off the ground. The boy also stands up.

“Violet Lee, are you okay?” The gym teacher asks her. Violet nods at the gym teacher and then the teacher blows her whistle and instruct the crowd to disperse.

“Look, I’m really sorry. It was an accident. I hope you’re not badly injured.” The boy apologizes again.

“It’s okay, don’t worry. I’m used to it.” Violet smiles at him. The boys smiles back at Violet, relieve that she is now talking to him. He has been worrying for the past few seconds if Violet might hate him, or maybe thinks of him as a jerk.

“You’re used to having balls being thrown at you?” The boy asks again and he raises his eyebrows. Violet chuckles and the boy follows suit. 

“No, what I meant to say is, I’m used with balls, I’m a netballer. One hit from a ball wont kill me. ” Violet says. The boy nods at her admission while smiling at her. Almost immediately, his smile disappears and is being replaced by a frown. 

“But still, it doesn’t give me an excuse to not feel sorry on my mistake just now. I truly am sorry.” The boy says again.

“Like I said, it’s okay.” Violet politely replies.

“Oooookay, so, Violet, is that your name?” The boy asks and she nods at his question.

“That’s a very nice name.” He smiles again, a smile that he doesnt even realise on what it's doing to Violet. “Oh, I have to go.” He abruptly bends to pick up the balls that hit Violet just now. “And I’m sorry again.” He smiles at her and turns around. As he makes his way to the basketball court, Violet watches him. She didn’t get to ask him what's his name, actually, she’s not sure if she’s allowed to. He’s a senior, and you don’t just go around asking a senior’s name as you please, that just doesn’t seems right. But then again, she smiles at she watches him leave, because she realizes she doesn’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter