XVII

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

When I come down to the living room to tell my parent I’m going to the hospital with my friend they mention Kai straight away. My dad apparently told my mom I’m going out with him on the first day Kai came to pick me up for school and I’m glad they don’t talk to me about it since then.

But I guess today it is not my lucky day.

 

“Oh, it’s Kim Soo Roo’s boy isn’t?” My mom asks me while putting down the magazine she’s reading. I look at my dad and he shrugs his shoulder at me. Giving me ‘this is your battle’ look. I heave a sigh and then look at my mom again.

“Yes.” I say.

“What is his name?” She asks.

“Kim Jong In.”

“I see, when can we meet him?” She asks and I widen my eyes at her.

“Meet him? For what?” I ask in disbelieve.

“He’s dating our only princess, of course we have to meet this boy.” My mom tells me and I shake my head.

“Mom, we’re not in that kind of relationship. And I don’t think he’d appreciate being interrogate by you.” I answer.

“We’re not going to interrogate him, just a simple dinner together would be nice.” She smiles at me. No, he’s not even my real boyfriend. This all relationship boyfriend girlfriend thingy is not even real. I’m not going to introduce a fake boyfriend to my parents. What will I tell them when we break up later?

Right at that moment, one of the maid walks to us.

“Miss Lee, your friend is here.” She says and I nod at her.

“It’s her boyfriend, Eun Soo.” My mom tells the maid and emphasize the word boyfriend. I turn my head abruptly at her.

“Mom!” I whine and she giggles with my dad.

 

 

“Hello.” I greet Kai once I am seated in his car. Ah, he’s not driving a sport car today. Just a normal BMW sedan car. I’m glad. He kisses my cheek quickly and smirk at me while I roll my eyes at him.

“What?” He asks innocently.

“Just shut up and drive.” I tell him and I put on my seatbelt.

“My girlfriend is in bad mood today.” He playfully says and drive away.

 

 

“Good morning.” I tell the receptionist at the counter. We’re on the child patient’s floor and I can already hear the giggles. It must be the kids, they must be playing in the playroom.

“Oh Miss Lee, it’s been a long time.” She smiles at me.

“Hello Hana, yeah I got quite busy.” I tell her. Hana then look at Kai who’s standing beside me. She raises her eyebrows at me and I smile at her. I shake my head and she nods. And then I hear another voice calling my name.

“Violet!” A woman’s voice. I turn to look at the source of the voice and smile when I finally see who is it.

“Aunty.” I bow and Kai do the same. She walks to us and then she hugs me when we come close.

“You come.” She says.

“Of course, I’m sorry I havent been able to come in such a long time.” I say and she shakes her head.

“It’s okay, what matters is you’re here. I’m so tired of answering Ji Hoon’s question. He keeps asking for you.” My aunty tells me and I smile at the name of the boy. Kai then clears his throat beside us.

“Oh, you brought a friend.” My aunty says while looking at Kai.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jong In.” He introduces himself and bows at her.

“I see, I hope you guys have a good day. I have a patient to attend to, I need to go now.” She smiles at us and we both nod. When she disappear from our sight, Kai nudges me.

“Who’s Ji Hoon?” He asks and I start to walk forward. He follows me immediately and walks beside me.

“A patient here. He’s a good boy.” I answer.

“How old is he?” He asks.

“6.”

 

We walk to the playroom and I open the door. There’s about almost 20 kids in there, range between 5-13 years old. They are listening to a woman reading a story to them. When the woman sees me and Kai, she stops telling story and greets us.

 

“Oh, hello.” She says and all the kids turn their head to look at us.

“V!” One kid shouts and he stands up from the crowd. He runs to me and I bend to embrace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter