XV

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

When he says breakfast I swear I have imagined at least he’d be taking me to IHOP but here we are, in a place I never thought someone like Kai would eat. McDonalds.

He grins as we walk into the McD I couldn’t help but thinking how was Kai when he was a kid.

 

Does his parents brought him to this restaurant a lot? Do they buy him a lot of toys from the Happy Meals set? Do they let him play in the playground inside the McD for hours? Or does Kai started to come to McD with his friends when he is older?

 

I rarely eat McD, simply because my parents says fastfood is not good for health.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Kai asks me when we’re in line. There’s not many people in the restaurant that morning, just few college students who study nearby and few clerks that work in the offices near the area.

“Pancake.” I tell Kai and he nods.

 

When we get to our seat, I sit in front of him and starts looking at our tray. Pancakes, hashbrowns, burgers, coffee. Hmm

“You don’t come to McD very often didn’t you?” Kai asks me, I bet he caught me scanning the food in the tray. I shake my head.

“Not really, my parents have issue with fastfood.” I answer and he slowly nods.

“You didn’t try to come with Kim without your parent’s knowledge?” He asks again.

“Kim sticks to the rule. Whatever my parents tell her not to let me do, she abide by it like it some kind of law.” I answer.

“Guess I’m breaking all the rules now.” He smirks and I roll my eyes at him. We then starts to eat and Kai helps me to add some creamer and sugar to my coffee in order to make sure it’s not too strong for me to drink. I have low tolerance to Caffeine, in fact. Which I tell him so he starts putting more sugar in my drink than in his.

 

When we’re almost done with our breakfast, I caught a familiar figure walks in the restaurant. Damn it, it’s Kris. Kris’ eyes find mine in a matter of second, like both of our eyes are magnet and we’re attracted to each other whenever we’re near. He smiles upon seeing me but his expression change when he turn his gaze to look at Kai.

 

“Oh Kris!” Kai greets him and Kris nods at him. He walks closer to us and I swear I feel my heart beating like a drum.

“Kai, Violet.” Kris says and I feel like slapping myself right at that moment on how much butterflies he gives me by just pronouncing my name.

“You’re here for breakfast?” Kai asks him.

“I’m always here for breakfast, Kai. You know that.” Kris answers and my eyes shoot up at him by the tone of his voice. I’ve never heard Kris speak like this, I’ve never heard his tone so stern, so threatening. Even though they’re having normal conversation I swear I feel something else going on between them and I can imagine they’re punching each other in their mind. Why? Aren’t Kris and Kai have always been a good friends?

“Yeah it’s really bad when somebody’s forgetting something about their friend.” Kai asnwers and I frown. These boys talk in code.

“Anyway, we’re done. We’re going to school now.” Kai says while standing up and Kris turn his attention to look at me.

“Have a good breakfast.” I tell Kris and stand up. Kai walks to me, takes my hand into his and drags me out of the restaurant, and I swear I see Kai’s smirking at Kris through the glass wall.

 

 

“You know, that was weird.” I tell Kai in the car. His eyes are focused on the road.

“What was?”

“You and Kris.” I say and I can see he tightens his grip on the steering.

“What do you mean?” He feign innocent and I heave a sigh.

“Never mind, forget it.” I tell him. A few seconds of good silence pass through us and then he clears his throat.

“Can I ask you something?” He starts.

“What is it?”

“Why did you went home with Kris yesterday?” He asks and I have to admit I’m quite startled at this.

“We’re in the same club, Kai.” I try to reason with him.

“I know, but why did you let him send you? Are you that close to him?” He asks again.

“He just happened to be there when you didn’t pick up your phone.” I answer and I can see his jaw tenses.

“Don’t get too close to him.” Kai tell me and I frown at this.

“Why?”

“I’m worried if Jessica might think there’s something else going on between the two of you. She’s a drama queen.” Kai says.

“Who’s Jessica?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter