Prologue

Room For Rent

 

do I have a choice?

 

The moment Kyungsoo had probed the bowl of rice with his apple green chopsticks upright in the morning at breakfast, undeniably, there was something wrong. About four hours in total had passed ever since his session on human anatomy had ended with the cute meds freshman named Sehun  and he did nothing but sigh and hang his head low, gaze hitting the table top and the flowery pattern of its mantle about infinitely. There was just something awfully wrong today and no, it wasn't the college druggie moving in with him till he doesn't really know when.

"Having a tenant is like having a roommate, Kyung," visual and performance arts student Luhan started with a nibble on his moon cake, "Think of it as an advantage, like, you have a bodyguard." He grinned sheepishly, crumbs on the ends of his lips falling on his script copy.

Jongdae, the not-too-good with logic (in Kyungsoo's endeared opinion) law candidate had stopped typing on his phone briefly, "Minseok is entirely a different subject. I mean food science and game design? Luhan, please."

Why was he friends with such people even?

"It's like a level up to your social life," Junmyeon chirped in with his impeccably shiny rimless glasses. Kyungsoo grunted, his cheek meeting the table cover and its, hopefully, utter cleanliness. Who knows if college cafeteria lunch tables were wiped and disinfected? 

"I'm sorry but since when did vets ever get concerned about sociology?" Jongdae batted his eyelashes at Junmyeon, deliberately pissing him off.

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, waiting for the Aphrodite of the group, Byun Baekhyun, to state his Einstein-like thoughts. Apparently today (of all days, god forbid), Baekhyun played pretend to be mute.

"What?" Baekhyun stared back at their gawking, "What did I do?" His newly manicured fingers continuously tapping on the plastic lid of his container. The color of guilt flashing in his eyes.

His arms flailed, the case of his ID hitting his chest as he moved in frustration like a child, "This was your idea, Baekhyun!"

Kyungsoo half-screamed half-moaned out the thing with a depressed tone. He covered his face with his palms and wished that he had never stuck those thirty white flyers or so anywhere. He even stuck them on toilet cubicles, now how terrible is that? 

Jongdae rubbed his palms together, "But you know Kyungsoo, this is actually a real level up to your life, and not just the social part."

Suggestive looks were criss-crossing the lunch table and Kyungsoo's nape started sweating. "And by that you meant?"

Luhan didn't even have to hold back or think on his morals and any values that he lived by in concern to respect and personal privacy," He means it's about time you got a real specimen to explore with due respect to your picked course." They laughed menacingly around Kyungsoo.

Being the poor little lamb he is, the other fidgets and Baekhyun stops the dumb mute act. About time. "I mean, have you watched before, since highschool?" Kyungsoo wants to swallow his five-inch thick anatomy coursebook. He stays unmoving and dead silent.

This earns him a few sighs from his friends, "You haven't, have you?" Jongdae taunts and Junmyeon takes his specs off for a 'trying-hard-to-be-so-cool' effect, "I don't understand, but you're a biology student."

Kyungsoo grips his folders hard and a deep sigh escalates from his systems, "Guys, we discussed about this," making sure no one was practically near their area he bends forward in an attempt to enclose the space between him and his best buds, "I don't like seeing reproduction and how it occurs or its stages or just, like what you say," he clears his throat, " the process of making babies."

Baekhyun mentally face-desks and chews on his index finger, staring at Kyungsoo, musing on how his innocence is thicker than all his science books combined and multiplied by two. Junmyeon just nods with a stupid expression on his face, the obviousness of his 'Not giving any s' reaction slapping Jongdae on the face. Luhan on the other hand, tries to bombard Kyungsoo with trillions of ual facts that he somewhat discovered through browsing the net endlessly. Talk about getting a life. In this peer group, only Kyungsoo has a semi-stable one. Honestly speaking.

"Just," Baekhyun paused dramatically, "give me one sensible reason why you don't want or even dream of getting laid."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and prays to any god possibly listening to his silent rant about and other things boys are stereotyped to like, he tries to find any clarity in his mind but ends up in a pre-drooling state because, "Oh Sehun."

Baekhyun and the others knit their brows altogether, "Come again?"

"Hi, Oh Sehun." Thank you, whoever you are, most almighty yet anonymous god that gave Kyungsoo the most handsome save in the universe, Oh freaking Sehun.

"Kyungsoo hyung! Fancy meeting you here!" The said boy approaches their table, waddling like a penguin as he does his best to carry his lunch with a rather heavy backpack slung on his shoulder. "Have you eaten? I'll treat you food."

Luhan eyes Kyungsoo's unbelievably and inexplicably new supposed target of affection (not that his baby Kyungsoo had ever proclaimed adoring someone) and framed out the million dollar question - Kyungsoo wanted Sehun to initiate the love making.

Junmyeon seemed lost in his own thought on whether he'd seen this Sehun guy before or maybe it was just a different student in the institute that he tried to hit on.

Either Jongdae was judgmental or just really a horrible person but the first thing he noticed about Kyungsoo's friend was that he was a little four-dimensional but comes with a nice body and attractive facial features package. It was a little mind boggling to realize that Kyungsoo actually had a targeted boy toy or the likes. Baekhyun was just...speechless.

Maybe Luhan's theory was right or just so very wrong but Kyungsoo gladly arises and dashes out of their sight fast, dragging the poor awkward boy to a farther corner of the cafeteria. There were lots of tables in the place but he just had to pick the one where the air conditioning was the coolest because it was isolated. 

"Kyungsoo hyung, those were your friends?" Sehun engages a conversation, "They look cool, seniors right?"

Oh, how adorable is he when he tries to act cool in front of him, this had lasted for about two and a half hours during the anatomy class earlier but it's not like he minded it. Was he possibly his once in a lifetime missing puzzle piece? Not.

Kyungsoo lasted about fifteen minutes with Sehun and their small talk on social aspects then it diverted to a number of books written by John Green and finally, the human heart. Not metaphorically speaking, like how the heart has four major chambers and how the heart can be revived by CPR - carefully avoiding the mouth-to-mouth subject and only going into detail on other basic first aid compulsory know-hows.

He was glad to have ended his day with a school concerned conversation with a student from the same field but like what others say, after you face a mountain another comes after that mountain and you have to ing face it again one way or another.

Goodbye to solo-life student Do Kyungsoo and hello to bed-space sharing life student Do Kyungsoo who has yet to discover about Minecraft, Flappy Bird and other pixelated games like the first ever version of Castlevania and Final Fantasy.

 

 

"Thanks for letting me move in, Kyungsoo."

 

He was frustrating.

The first thing Park Chanyeol does the second he sets his feet on the sixth floor of the building, in front of his flat, was to scratch the door frame. With some scary, huge metal desk that he mentioned was 'badly needed' or he can't 'study' well for his 'exams'.

And what was more frustrating was that he smiles every single ing thing off like whoo, I'm a positive sock head from Mars who landed on earth to give Kyungsoo the worst nightmares he's ever dreamt of!

The last thing Kyungsoo wanted to do in his life was to hang himself, but it seemed like a priority today. Right now. At this moment. Absolutely right now.

The thought of Chanyeol under drug influence or being mentally disturbed was out of view at present and all that mattered was how reckless this buffoon was and how absolutely unaware he is of all the damage he causes.

He came into Kyungsoo's life (or his house) like a wrecking ball of gaming consoles, flat screen monitors and a mess of tangled wires with pointy ears, long alluring legs, a slender frame, toned biceps (sweet baby jesus) and a glorious behind.

Behind because well, Kyungsoo isn't going to ignore and give up whatever values he lived his life by, not for Park Chanyeol. Maybe just not yet, but really soon.

And by soon, Kyungsoo's mind meant never but his heart - this time metaphorically speaking - meant a few weeks time with sleepless nights, awfully burnt popcorn and nonstop losing to really simple games because Chanyeol's victory grin was worth seeing. Dying for, even.

 


This is just the start owo/ Please look forward to more Chanyeol in the following chapters ~ 

Thank you for reading and subscribing (in advance) <3333333

 

Don't forget to

Read : Subscribe : Comment 

 

 

wupapi ☮ }