Chapter 1

Kiss the Rain

South Korea, I was home. After 20 years, I finally had the courage to come back. As soon as I took a step outside the airport, it was raining. I was finally able to feel the touch of the clean Korean rain on my skin. Not the light sprinkled, ash filled rain back in New York.

People would associate rain with bad luck. Such as car accidents, break ups, and death. To me, it was good luck. Why would I consider a gray cloud day to be good luck?

I met my first love in the rain.

~~~~~

I was 4 and he was 5 1/2. I didn't think there was a difference between 5 and 5 1/2, but he said 5 1/2 year olds were more mature than 5 year olds. I still laugh at that today. I think he just wanted to look cool in front of me.

Anyways, we met on a playground in Seoul. On that day, it was raining. Mother took me to the park in the morning and asked me to wait for her. I sat on the swing for hours in the rain, crying, because I knew she wouldn't come back for me.

"Why are you crying? You should be happy," a boy in a monkey rain coat came up and asked.

"I'm waiting," I tried wiping the tears off my face, but the raindrops kept falling.

"Waiting for what?" he squatted down to my eye level.

"My Mommy."

"Where is she?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Then, I'll wait with you. I'm waiting anyways."

"What are you waiting for?" I asked as he sat down on the swing next to me.

"I'm waiting for the rainbow."

"What's a rainbow?"

"Um," he pondered for a moment while looking at the sky," A rainbow happens when the sun is trying to make the sky stop crying."

"Really?" I shivered from the cold.

He nodded and jumped off the swing. He stood in front of me and held out his arms, "From now on, I'll be your sun and you can be my sky, okay?"

I nodded and he embraced me tightly.

The rainbow he was waiting for came out, but who I was waiting for never came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aren't I evil ^^ Haha! I always hated when writers would write super short chapters. It kept me on edge. >.<

Now its my turn to be evil! Muhaha!

Actually...I haven't edited the rest of the story...but that's beside the point!

Hoped you enjoyed!

Comment! Or I will send Heebum after you...