36 Protective

Hard And Soft Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan looked at Jinah and hold his breath for a few second. ‘This isn’t happening’ Luhan thought inside. He looked at everyone inside of the room and they also have a same facial expression like him right now. Worry.

“Is she okay?” Kris asked Lay who was sitting next to Jinah.

“Yeah what is wrong with her anyway?” sekyung got really confused. After she said that, everyone looked at her confused.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Luhan hold Sekyung’s hand as she waved to her cousin. She looked at her cousin and Luhan looked at him as well, ‘he looks familiar’ he mumbled inside. ‘do I know him?’

“Oh! That’s him!” Sekyung screamed again. Luhan looked at Lay and his smile faded. “Something’s wrong” Luhan was very sure about it.

“Zhang Yixing…” Luhan heard Jinah’s voice mumbling Lay’s full name. That’s odd. She never really does that. Äre you okay?” She asked and Luhan saw Lay’s face who was already pale.

“Jinah-“

“Everyone!” Sekyung screamed once again and cut Yixing. She ran towards her cousin and smiled, “meet my cousin! Kang Siwon!”

“What?” Luhan widened his eyes. And not only him. So does the others.

And the next thing he knows, he heard something fell to the ground behind him.

 “Jinah! Oh God, Jinah” Lay was holding Jinah who was already on the ground when Luhan turned around. Sekyung covered out of disbelief and everyone was trying to wake her up, “Jinah-ya, ya Kim Jinah!!” Lay screamed.

“We need to take him to the nurse,” Chanyeol initiated to bring Jinah immediately. The others followed Lay who was already holding JInah’s body around him to the nurse.

 

FLASHBACK OFF

 

“Uhm… hellooo” Sekyung tried to get everyone’s attention once again, “can somebody actually answer me on what’s going on with her?”

“She’s just not feeling well, she told me she was dizzy a while ago” Lay answered Sekyung, “sorry Sekyung to make you panic, Jinah was playing tough a while ago” Lay made his own reason.

“Oh,” Sekyung let a small  “o” came out of , “I guess it’s okay, I mean, she doesn’t need to force herself like that a while ago” Sekyung critique her decision. Seems like she’s taking her chance to critique Jinah on her wrongdoings.

“Yeah and I’m sorry,” Lay said sorry once again, “by the way, I think your cousin is waiting outside”

“Oh right” Sekyung remembered all of the sudden, “I’m just going to talk to him for a while okay?”

“It’s okay, take your time” Luhan replied. They saw Sekyung walked out and waited until she looked pretty far from the room. After that, all eyes were on Lay and Jinah who was still unconscious in the bed.

“So… Is that the guy?” Baekhyun asked and Lay nodded. “Wow,” Baekhyun slipped.

“So…” Luhan looked at Lay, “what are we supposed to do?” He asked him.

“Nothing” Lay answered shortly while looking at Jinah who was still fall asleep.

“What do you mean by nothing?” Chanyeol mumbled, “the guy who almost killed both you and her were outside, and you’re not going to do anything?”

“Yea” Lay looked at EXO who looked really confused at them. “I’m pretty sure that it’s him, but there’s literally nothing we can do about it,” Lay explained, “since the case was closed years ago and he paid certain money to Woobin’s family, it’s considered as resolved”

“Yeah, but he almost killed you” Sehun being an adult started to think as well.

“But he did not, and there’s no proof to that,” Lay sighed, “there were only me, Jinah, the guard and Woobin. And honestly, I don’t want to drag Jinah again into this. This tragedy caused her so much pain”

“We understand” Kris nodded, “I mean, man, you gotta do what you have to do for your girl, right?” Kris asked and Lay nodded.

Luhan looked at Lay and Kris at the same time. He almost forgot that Jinah is still Lay’s girlfriend, and Sekyung is his. ‘Insane’ Luhan sighed.

“Luhan” Xiumin looked at him, “I think you really should go to the dinner with Siwon and Sekyung, you know, because he’s our guest”

“Right…” Luhan looked at everyone, “If you excuse me, I have to go now”

 “Okay, tell us how it goes” Suho replied and Luhan nodded. He looked at Jinah one last time and walked out from the room immediately.

 

***

 

Sekyung looked at her cousin who was waiting in front of her school. Siwon looked at her and approached her immediately, “Sekyung-ah” He greeted her, “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah,” Sekyung nodded and smile, “It’s just really hot and my friend was not feeling well”

“Oh” Siwon nodded, “I’m sorry about that,”

“No, I should be the one who says sorry about that!” Sekyung looked at her cousin with a lot of guilt, “but anyways, I’m still going home with you, since the others seems to care about her more”

Hearing the last sentence of her cousin, Siwon knows that his cousin doesn’t really favor this “passed-out” girl he just saw a while back.

 

 

“Sekyung-ah!”

Sekyung looked around and saw Luhan walks towards her. She smiles. ‘At least my boyfriend cares,’ she mumbled inside. Because honestly, she only needs him. Only Luhan and she’ll be okay.

“Oppa,” She calls him, “you’re here”

“You’re my girlfriend, it’s my duty to be with you whenever I can” Luhan smiles and her hair. There, she feels it again: the butterflies.

“That’s so sweet!” Sekyung hugged him and siwon coughed a little. She looked at him and giggled, ”whoops, sorry,”Sekyung laughed and hold Luhan’s hand, “oppa, this is my boyfriend, Luhan” Sekyung introduced her boyfriend to her cousin.

“Hi, I’m Kang Siwon” Siwon gave his hand to Luhan and Luhan shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Luhan” Luhan smiles and looked back at Sekyung, “Sekyung-ah, you said you want to eat lunch, where should we eat?”

“I don’t know, up to you oppa” She looked at Siwon and let him decide on what they should eat.

“Hmm it’s been a while since the last time I stepped my feet on Seoul,” Siwon looked confused, “but you know what? Surprise me”

 

***

 

Jinah woke up and realized that she’s in her room already. “Weird” She mumbled slowly. She looked outside and it seems like the sky has turned dark. “Did I skip something?”

A voice of door opening shooked her as she saw Lay walked inside the room. “You’re awake” He looked at her and looked relieved.

“Why are you here?” Jinah looked at Lay confused.

“You passed out a while ago at school” Lay looked at Jinah as he tried to explain what happened, “and you just woke up now,”

“Really? What happened?” Jinah now panicked.

Lay looked at her. He hesitates for sure. “Mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter