Chapter 9

The Senatorial Candidate

 

Kyungsoo was surprised when he felt arms around him from the back. His back was turned away from the door, waiting for the coffee maker to finish making coffee, so he wasn’t able to notice that Kris had entered the kitchen.

 

“Good morning,” Kris greeted and kissed Kyungsoo’s cheek.

 

“Good morning,” Kyungsoo greeted back although he felt like his heart got stuck in his throat. It was a nice surprise being greeted that way from the Senator. “Do you want coffee?” Kyungsoo asked; conscious about the arms around him and the Senator’s face so near his.

 

“Yes, thank you,” Kris let go of Kyungsoo and went to his place at the table.

 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, let out a sigh of disappointment at the loss of contact. He prepared two mugs and poured the coffee in. He put cream and sugar in his while he left Kris’ coffee black, just how the Senator preferred it. Once done, he placed the mugs on the table and sat on his chair.

 

They were silent for a while. Neither of them wanted to break to silence first; observing what the other was doing. Kyungsoo was stirring his coffee, back hunched, looking intently inside the mug, while Kris rested his back on the chair, a hand was reached over the table to play with his mug.

 

“The Phantom of the Opera will be playing at the Opera House tonight,” Kris started, breaking the silence between them. “Would you like to watch it with me?”

 

Kyungsoo looked up questioningly at Kris. “You mean, like a date?”

 

“Yes, a date. I should take my fiancé out on a date, shouldn’t I?”

 

“Your fake fiancé you mean,” Kyungsoo corrected. But he tasted bile in his mouth as the words came out.

 

“Well, fake or not, as adults we should go out and have a great time amongst ourselves too,” Kris pointed out and Kyungsoo was thankful for that.

 

“If you insists,” Kyungsoo agreed and Kris couldn’t help but notice that it was always how the smaller male would say yes to his invitation.

 

A little later, Kris knocked on Kyungsoo’s room to say goodbye before he went to work. The smaller male immediately noticed the Senator’s tie when he got out of the room. It wasn’t properly tied and looked kind of crooked. Kyungsoo summoned the Senator to move closer to him and did the tie properly. He was surprised because his lips were captured by the Senator’s own when he was finished with the tie. But he didn’t fight it; he had let their lips devour each other of its flavors. It was like Kyungsoo was addicted; addicted to Senator Wu’s lips. And it seemed like the Senator felt the same because just earlier they were in the same situation in the kitchen.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know how it happened. They were having coffee in the kitchen and the next thing he knew he was sitting on the table with Kris in front of him sitting on his chair. The latter had his hands on Kyungsoo’s hips, drawing circles with his thumbs on the smaller male’s skin under his shirt. Kyungsoo was hunched over Kris who was looking up at him so their lips could meet in a kiss, the younger male’s fingers threading through the blonde hair. They only stopped for air and the Senator had to prepare for work.

 

And now, they were at it again, kissing passionately in the middle of the living room, before the Senator would go to work.

 

“You’re going to be late,” Kyungsoo breathed against Kris’ lips when the kiss was broken for air. “Tao and Chanyeol will be here any minute.”

 

“Just a little bit more,” Kris appealed and captured the smaller male’s lips again in a heated kiss. Kyungsoo’s lips were addicting but his tongue was intoxicating to Kris. He couldn’t get enough of it. His head spun when his tongue swiped across Kyungsoo’s own as he explored the inside of the smaller male’s mouth. He could feel Kyungsoo’s broken breaths as the kiss went deeper.

 

The doorbell rang and Kris groaned after his lips separated from Kyungsoo’s just an inch away. He stole one last peck on Kyungsoo’s lips before he totally untangled himself. He opened the door scowling at the two bodyguards but didn’t say anything.

 

Both Chanyeol and Tao entered and could feel the tension still looming around the house. Tao noticed how swollen Kyungsoo’s lips were when he got near and just smirked at the smaller male. The latter tried his best to act indifferent about it.

 

“I’ll see you later,” Kris looked at Kyungsoo for confirmation and the younger male just nodded.

 

Kris and Chanyeol left while Tao stayed. And how Kyungsoo wished that Tao just went with the other two so he didn’t have to face a teasing panda.

 

 

 

In as much as Kyungsoo wouldn’t want to ask Yixing’s help, he had no choice. His wardrobe composed of shirts, jeans, and hoodies—none of which was appropriate for a formal evening at the Opera House. Yixing would come over anyway because the manager had become Soojin’s unofficial babysitter. And besides, Yixing wouldn’t say no, he was too addicted to Soojin. So he decided to call Yixing for help.

 

“So…you’re going out on a date with Yifan.” It was a statement, not a question. But Kyungsoo ended up answering with a “yes” anyway. “Kyung, can I ask you a question?” Yixing continued and Kyungsoo tightened his hold on the phone. “Do you like Yifan? I mean, do you have feelings for him?”

 

“No…I…I don’t know,” Kyungsoo stammered. He didn’t know how to answer the question properly. Of course he liked Kris, he had feelings for the Senator, otherwise, he wouldn’t have agreed to being called the fake fiancé of Wu Yifan. But he also knew that the Senator had a real fiancé, one who would be coming home at any moment, and he knew he should not get carried away by any of it.

 

“Oh no,” Kyungsoo heard Yixing mutter over the phone. “Oh no, that answer, oh no. I’m coming over as soon as I find a suit for you and we’ll talk about this more.” Yixing did not give Kyungsoo time to answer and just ended the call.

 

Two hours later, Yixing arrived just right after Kyungsoo settled Soojin in her crib for her afternoon nap. The manager slash stylist, slash Yifan-everything, had brought with him the suit he found for Kyungsoo. He did not waste any time and made the smaller male wear the suit to see how it fitted. When Kyungsoo finished changing, Yixing admired his fashion sense as the black suit fit Kyungsoo perfectly.

 

“I can’t believe I’m saying this but although I don’t wear suits normally, I like this one. How did you manage to find this? And how does this fit me so well like it’s tailor-fitted?”

 

“Oh honey, I’m a magician. I make impossible things possible. When you work for Wu Yifan you have to be.”

 

Yixing’s statement woke up Kyungsoo’s curiosity. What was the Senator’s work ethic? Was he strict? Was he one of those who were beyond reason? Was he an incomprehensible jerk boss? Questions flooded his mind. He wanted to see Kris in action, to see how the Senator dealt with his staff in the Senate. Well, he had seen how Kris treated his staff during the campaign but that was just the tip of the iceberg. To be blunt about it, Kyungsoo wanted to know why Yixing said that someone who worked for Kris needed to be a god for impossible things to happen. And maybe he would, someday.

 

“And speaking of Yifan, we haven’t finished our talk about him yet,” Yixing prodded and the move made Kyungsoo jerk a little. “Are you in love with him?”

 

“I told you, I don’t know,” Kyungsoo answered in the most nonchalant voice he could come up with.

 

“Kyung, it’s not that I don’t like you for Yifan or anything. It’s just that he already has a real fiancé. Baekhyun may be difficult sometimes but I don’t want him to get hurt because of this. Remember, Yifan gave his word to this man for marriage and I don’t want him breaking his promise.”

 

Kyungsoo bowed his head in submission. Yixing was right. Well, he knew all along that what they were doing, sharing consensus kisses, was wrong especially since Kris has already asked somebody else’s hand in marriage. It wasn’t right. It should stop.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

……………………………….

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

Excited to watch XOXO EXO!

 

Thank you all! I love you!

 

Cheerios! Ivee Noona (sunskyivee)