Chapter 8

The Senatorial Candidate

 

The news was out the next day in the Entertainment section of a fairly famous newspaper known for its gossipy topics rather than actual news. The photo of them kissing wasn’t so bad to look at. It looked like what they did was just a peck on the lips when they’d done more than that. The writer of the short article below their photo had written assumptions that the man Senator Wu was kissing was actually the person the politician described in one of his interviews. They assumed that Kyungsoo was the man the Senator loved; small in stature, has creamy white skin, and has a great smile (they couldn’t really tell the last part because Kyungsoo wasn’t smiling in that). As for being fun to be with part, the writer just assumed that he might be seeing that all other qualities fit Kyungsoo very well. And it was mockingly bitter-sweet to Kyungsoo.

 

Senator Wu’s camp didn’t pay much attention when the photo came out. Nobody would read the Entertainment section of that newspaper anyway. Well, not someone significant for that matter. Those who read that part of the newspaper were people who didn’t frequently read newspapers and just jumped right onto the section when they came across the paper. But then the photo reached the nightly news and that was when Kris’ PR team formulated a strategy.

 

It was decided that when a reporter would ask Kris who Kyungsoo was, he would say that Kyungsoo was the fiancé he was referring to in his interview. That they had been dating for a long time and they were getting married soon. No set date yet. Because telling the truth about Kyungsoo, that the latter had no relationship whatsoever with the Senator, was scandalous and would raise a few eye brows. Why would a Senator be kissing someone he didn’t have any relationship with?

 

“Are you okay with this?” Kris asked Kyungsoo after they were briefed about the strategy they were going with to pacify the situation.

 

Surprisingly, Kyungsoo was more than okay. To be called Senator Kris Wu’s fiancé had a wonderful ring to his ear. It was something out of a fairy tale; Cinderella with a baby marrying the Prince Charming. And besides, he had nothing to lose. He had no reputation that would be tainted, but clearly, Senator Wu had, so he decided to help in any way he could.

 

“I’m okay with it,” Kyungsoo assured. “But are you? I mean, you have a real fiancé to worry about. What about Baekhyun?”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Baekhyun will understand.”

 

For some reason, Kris didn’t worry so much about what Baekhyun’s reaction would be. He couldn’t even remember the last time he thought about Baekhyun. Come to think of it, he hadn’t spoken to his fiancé since Kyungsoo’s first night in his apartment. He totally forgot about Baekhyun. And it seemed that Baekhyun had forgotten about him too. His fiancé also didn’t call him.

 

The moment he stepped out of the Senator’s office at the House of Senate, a flock of reporters had swarmed Kyungsoo. With cameras, microphones, and mobile phones almost shoved in his face, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in shock. The reporters asked him questions after questions. He wasn’t even given the chance to answer one when another was thrown his way. He totally did not expect to attract that much attention. He regretted going out first and didn’t wait for Tao.

 

“Young man, what’s your name?” One reporter asked.

 

“What is your relationship to Senator Wu?” Another one inquired.

 

“How long have you been in a relationship?” “Do you have any plans of marrying soon?” “Why did you keep your relationship a secret?”

 

With each question, the reporters were closing in on him, violating his personal space. He felt like he couldn’t breathe. Aside from the fact that there was no more room for him to move, these people were looking at him as if he was a meal on plate, ready to be devoured. His head was spinning and the view was starting blur. Was he going to faint?

 

Just as he was about to lose consciousness, somebody held his arm and brought him upright.

 

“Senator Wu, is he the one you were referring to in your interview?” It was the question that allowed Kyungsoo to know that Kris was the one who held onto him. The Senator did not answer but instead, he dragged Kyungsoo forward by the arm to get away from all of it.

 

The hold on Kyungsoo’s arms was hurting him but it was better to be held and ushered away from the mob of reporters than to suffer more in the crossfire of questions. However, as they were moving, the reporters moved with them that made Kris’ hold on him slip. They got separated and Kyungsoo was pushed further back while Kris was dragged forward.

 

Thankfully, Kris went back for him and this time, the Senator wrapped an arm around his waist to secure that they weren’t going to be separated again. Chanyeol and another bodyguard were able to finally swim their way through the reporters and reached them. The bodyguards were able to somehow clear the way for them until they reached the car already waiting for them. Kris opened the door and assisted him to get inside before closing it without getting inside after him.

 

“Are you alright?” Tao asked when he was finally seated properly in the backseat.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

He looked outside the window to watch Kris address the media. He couldn’t work out what the reporters were asking the Senator, nor the politician’s answers to them. He’d watch the news later that night so he would know how Kris broke it to the media that they were engaged and such. And if the Senator was a great actor, selling what was the biggest lie in the history of Korean political gossips.

 

Finally, the Senator turned his back on the reporters and moved to get inside the car with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol following shortly after in the front seat. The smaller male looked at the Senator intently, waiting for the Senator to tell him what he told the reporters about their relationship and how the politician put their plan to play. But Kris just returned his questioning look with a reassuring smile. He didn’t voice out his question anymore.

 

They reached the Senator’s apartment and were greeted by a sight of Soojin on Yixing’s lap. The latter was holding the baby’s legs on each hand as the manager moved the little extremities to the rhythm of Pororo’s theme song. It was a cute scene that made both of their hearts melt.

 

“Oh look baby, look who’s here,” Yixing cooed and used Soojin’s leg to point at the people who just arrived.

 

“Dada!” Soojin mumbled, surprising everyone in the room.

 

Kyungsoo, who couldn’t believe what he just heard, rushed to Yixing’s side and faced Soojin. “Baby, what did you say? Can you say that again? Say Dada. Dada,” Kyungsoo urged, accentuating each syllable, and wanting to be sure that he heard that right.

 

All attention in the room had been turned towards the baby. Disappointingly, Soojin did not repeat what she said. They waited for a few minutes for the angel to say the word again, but she did not, so they all went back to what they were supposed to do. Tao went to the kitchen to look for something to eat, Chanyeol sat on an empty sofa, and Kris walked by so he could go to his room.

 

“Dada! Dada!” Soojin repeated, following Kris with her sparkling eyes and reaching out her hands for the Senator.

 

A gasp left Kyungsoo’s mouth. Yixing’s jaw dropped. And Chanyeol stared at his boss with widened eyes. As for Kris, he was completely immobilized. He immediately flung his attention towards Soojin when the baby girl spoke the words, but was totally dumbfounded when he realized that the baby was looking at him. ‘Dada’ was meant for him.

 

He didn’t know what to make of what Soojin called him. His mind went blank. How was he supposed to react to that? It happened all too sudden.

 

“What? What happened?” Tao asked, breaking the stunned atmosphere, when he came out of the kitchen and was greeted with silence.

 

“Soojin just called Yifan Dada,” Yixing answered excitedly.

 

 

 

The mood became a little happier. After Soojin’s Dada outburst, Kris realized that he actually liked what the baby girl called him. It opened up a whole new set of feelings in him that made him lightheaded and his heart warm. He looked at the Soojin playing with her food in her high chair while they all ate dinner, and then it clicked. She was in. He had let the angel in and it wasn’t so bad after all. With just a ‘Dada’, he fell into her charms.

 

Kris and Kyungsoo finished up cleaning in the kitchen after Yixing, Tao, and Chanyeol left. While Kyungsoo washed, Kris dried. They were exchanging glances and smiles again in silence. Only this time, there was more tension, more attraction. They had already kissed two nights ago and at the back of their minds, they’d want to do it again.

 

“Good night, Soo,” Kris said just outside of Kyungsoo’s bedroom door, before the latter could go back in after putting Soojin in her crib.

 

“Good night,” Kyungsoo replied and then turned his back so he could finally go inside his bedroom.

 

“Um, Soo,” Kris continued before Kyungsoo could open the door. The Senator moved closer, slowly moving towards Kyungsoo. And before they knew it, their lips touched.

 

Kris’s hands automatically gripped on either side of Kyungsoo’s hips while the latter circled his arms around the Senator’s neck. The kiss went on with more vigor, both of them wanting a taste of each other’s lips again. Ever since the victory party, they were both left wanting for more.

 

Kris tongue prodded Kyungsoo’s lips and the smaller male opened up to let the wet muscle inside. Their tongues met and Kyungsoo moaned because Kris tasted sweet that made him dizzy. Kris pressed him to door, a leg between Kyungsoo’s own, as the Senator started to grind and their kiss was becoming intense. Kyungsoo whimpered, clearly possessed in the high of the moment, and he didn’t want to stop. But when his lungs burned from the lack of air, he lightly pushed the Senator to stop him, and looked at the latter with half-lidded eyes, still trying to get back to his normal state.

 

“Good night, Senator Wu,” Kyungsoo left a peck on the Senator’s lips once more before turning his back and finally went inside the bedroom.

 

Neither of them were able to sleep that night.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

……………………………………….

 

Noona’s Notes:

 

Okay. Here’s Chapter 8. To be honest, I didn’t want to finish this chapter yet and actually decided not to update all of my fics because I got offended by someone who rudely told me to hurry up on my updates. I do not mind when people tell me to update because that’s understandable (I do that to the fics I read too), but at least ask me nicely?

 

Anyway, a reader told me that a tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep. So, I’m gonna brush it off and let that slide. I just hope I don’t see (hear, whatever) anything like that again.

 

P.S.

 

Welcome to the new subbies! And thank you to those who commented and upvoted. For those who haven’t upvoted yet, perhaps you could upvote? Hehe.

 

I want to continue to see all your comments so leave them. LOL.

 

Cheerios! @sunskyivee