Final

Oppa, Are You Okay?

 

 

I sullenly stared at the marble white phone on the table before me. It had been hours since I'm stupidly waiting for his call. I let out a sigh when I realized that it was an obviously pointless act. The image of him instantly rushed through my mind. Without realizing it, I was slowly overwhelmed with frustation. He has changed. My heart ached as soon as the thought came up to me.

 

Chanyeol oppa wasn't like this before. 

 

I swear, he's not the man I used to know. He's definitely not the guy I dated all this while. The Chanyeol I remembered was a fun, romantic guy whose presence I really enjoyed. His smile soothed me, and his contagious laughter and also his lame, cheesy jokes used to brighten up my day. He was a very loving person who told me he loves me every single day. I always loved being in his arms. And I really missed his warm, affectionate kisses. Every morning, he would make calls to my phone just to wake this lazy girl up. And he would sing for me when I couldn't sleep at night. But that was all in yesterdays.

 

Chanyeol oppa has changed.

 

Lately, he has been acting really weird. He didn't call me in the morning like he used to, let alone asking how I was doing. We rarely go on a date, and when we do, it didn't even feel like one. Instead of having fun together, he would preoccupy himself with his phone, as if I wasn't there by his side. And when we talk, he'd be oddly quiet, as if he's not interested in me. He wouldn't come up with his silly lame jokes like he used to, and he didn't even show me that he loves me. Clearly, he's not the man I used to know. It's not that I'm merely craving for his attention. It's just that he's been acting strange nowadays.

 

A familiar ringtone suddenly popped out of nowhere, pulling me back to reality. I swiftly grabbed my phone and glanced at the screen.

 

 

YOU HAVE 1 NEW MESSAGE.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

To: Kim Hani

Chagiya, I miss you. Can we meet at the usual place?

 

 

I quickly replied to him, telling him I would.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

When I arrived at the cafe, I immediately saw his presence. He was waving cheerfully at me, making a hand gesture for me to come. He was looking very bright and content today. And before I knew it, I was already taking a seat in front of him.

 

"Chagiya, I'm sorry that we haven't go out in a while." He flashed a smile at me, a smile that can make a girl's heart melt. "Do you miss me?" He asked. And as he asked, he held my hand in his. But before I could answer him, a beautiful, young waitress came to the table and placed a cup of americano before him before placing a cup of latte with a beautiful heart shape foam right in front of me. I smiled. He still remembered my favourite drink.

 

The conversation continued, and after a while we went out together. Well, you know, stuffs that couples always do. I need not have to explain it any further. All I can say is everything went out fine. For a moment, I saw the same man I had missed all this while. He's really the Chanyeol I used to know.

 

Time flies by, and soon it was time to say goodbye. For the first time after all this while, he took me in his arms and whispered "I love you" in my ears before pulling me into a deep, romantic kiss. For a few seconds, I felt a genuine bliss. I totally forgot how he acted towards me for the past few days and believed that the man I love is right in front of me. Then, he drove me home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I woke up today feeling as happy as I could. Today's a very special day. I glanced at the calendar beside me just to make sure that I didn't make a mistake.

 

27  November.

 

Yepp. This's the day. It's Oppa's birthday today. And also, our first anniversary happened to be on the very same day too. Who wouldn't be excited about it?

 

I was planning on giving him a surprise for today. That would be awesome! I can't wait to see the looks on his face when he sees this. I prepared a special present for him. Perhaps its not much, but I bought it out of my personal allowance. It's okay. As long as I could see him happy when he gets this. I knew that he had always like skateboarding, and I thought that this nice, brand new deck would be a perfect birthday present for him.

 

After everything's ready, I made my way to Chanyeol's appartment. I had his spare keys, so I just walked into his house. I was really excited about giving this surprise to him. I had a box in my hands which contained a homemade chocolate cake I prepared earlier, and I also brought the birthday present with me. 

 

However, the birthday boy was nowhere to be found when I stepped into his house. The place was somehow a bit too quiet. So, I looked for him in his room. Perhaps he didn't woke up yet, I thought to myself. I went to his room and the moment I opened the door,  I couldn't believe what I saw before me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oppa?"

 

That's the only word that could barely escaped from my mouth. I was shocked, stunned and mostly horrified with what I just saw with my own eyes. There on his bed lay the birthday boy, with a bare torso and a really messy hair. But that's not all.

 

Next to him was another person, barely wearing any clothes, clinging to the birthday boy.

 

He seemed to be aware of my presence and hurriedly letting the other person off his arms. Obviously, he was flabbergasted upon seeing me. Me? You know how I feel. Cheated. Betrayed. Frustrated. And I could list out all the adjectives that can describe how I felt at that time, but I'd leave it to you to imagine it. The birthday boy quickly jumped out of his bed and rushed to me as soon as he saw me going to leave the scene.

 

I was trying to run away from him but he managed to grab my arm and said, " No, it's not what you think it is..." I looked up at him (as he was freakishly taller than me) and shot him a disgusted look. "Looks like you're having fun. I better not spoil it. It's your birthday anyway." And I tried to pull my hand away from him, but it was of no use. He was gripping my arm tightly, as if he didn't want to let me go.

 

I tried my best to hold my tears and said, " So, this is what you're up to all this time." I looked at him in the eyes. Okay, my tears are going to fall soon.

 

"Chagiya, I love you. I'm really, really sorry. I love you so much. Please don't leave me, please. I would be completely lost without you, just please..."

 

My eyes are all red and watery. I tried my best to speak to him despite the fact that I'm overwhelmed with emotions right now. "Perhaps I won't be hurting this much if you're meeting another girl..." 

 

I took a deep breath. " But Jongin oppa?? Seriously?"

 

Okay, this might sound absurd, but it's true. I saw my own brother at the bed with my boyfriend. My brother, Kim Jongin. God knows what they were doing.  Meanwhile, I still can't get the fact that my brother's gay, and my boyfriend's cheating on me to be with my gay brother.

 

What on Earth is happening???