Chapter 1

Problem Solved!

You shifted from left side to the other side as the alarm clock kept ringing and it really annoyed you. You opened one eye, took the alarm clock and threw it at the door until it made a sound.

“What was that sound?!” Jongin, your brother yelled from outside of the room.

You covered your face with a pillow and continued to sleep. Jongin slammed the door open, with a spatula in his hand while wearing the pink apron, “Kim Jinnie, get up now!” He shook your body but nothing happened.

You were really in the deep sleep even though you just passed out a minute ago, considered yourself very tired after a long day yesterday.

“Yah, Jinnie, wake up. Faster. Get ready for school baby ~” He sang “Na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae” very loud until your soul got into its body. You opened your eyes and Jongin was really close with you, “There, you’re awake!” He clasped his hands, still holding a spatula.

You groaned and pouted, “Can you not do that again brother? I’m tired.”

Jongin put both of his hands on his waist, shaking his head, “No no no. Go to school. That’s mom and dad want.” Hearing mom and dad, your shoulder went down, “Mom and dad.” You muttered. “I miss them.” Jongin sighed and sat beside you, “I know.” He patted your back, “I promise you after school, let’s go visit them?” He flashed a sweet smile which made your heart softened after what he did just now was really irritating.

“Okay.” You nodded, “I’ll get ready and…..” You eyed him and the apron, “Yah, I thought you weren’t going to wear that? You hate pink don’t you?” You pointed at him and chuckled. You admitted it, he’s really cute sometimes. He rolled his eyes, “Yeah whatever. You were the one who bought this. Get ready.” He walked out from your room and you prepared yourself for school.

 

 

“Oppa ~” You hugged Jongin from the back while he washing the plates, “Thanks for the great breakfast!” You showed him a thumbs up and grinned widely.

“As usual ~” He replied and wiped his hands with the towel. He kissed your forehead and smiled, “Be safe in school okay?” You nodded. Sometimes, he could be so caring and loving but sometimes, weren’t. He usually pissed you off. Before the death of your parents.

“Let’s go!” He cheered, grabbing his car keys and headed to the front door, “Lock the door.” He threw the keys on the air but luckily you managed to got it, “Aish this guy….” You puffed your cheeks and locked the door.

After doing whatever you know what, he drove you to the school with his car. After about ten minutes, you arrived at the school. You jumped out from the car and stood in front of the school gate. Jongin rolled his car window down, “Oi kid, I’ll be late today. So if you can wait, just do. If you aren’t, go back with your friends, okay? Tell me if you have decide.”

From far, you swear you could heard a bunch of girls squealing like a squirrel getting hit by a lorry. You and Kai looked at the where the sound came from and yes it’s true, a group with 5 girls squealing and jumping and ahhh! Whatever.

You scoffed and turned to Kai, “Yah Kai oppa, is that the girls who were in outside of our house before this?” Kai nodded, “Yeah, bunch of idiots. I mean, oh god am I that handsome and cool until they acted like that?”

You were reading your favourite novel until you heard a voice, no! Voices, and they were whispering something. You went to the balcony of your room and took a peek. 5 girls, talking to each other.

“Okay, let’s find his room and took one of his things as a rememberance, okay?”

“Whatever things?” A girl with a ponytail asked the shorter one, which you assumed as the leader since she was standing in the middle.

“Yes.” She nodded.

“His boxer?” A short hair girl raised her eyebrow.

“Take the things that you want. Okay don’t make a sound. They’re probably sleeping you know it’s 2 in the morning, who else wants to stay awake now?” The other girls nodded in agreement.

erted girls. Like what?! No one stay awake until 2 in the morning? Are you kidding me?

You were interrupted by a husky voice, “What are you doing out here?” You jumped in surprise just to see Kai, looking at you.

“Oppa! Can you not?!” You half whispered and half yelled to him. Kai made a blur face and pouted, “What?” You put your index finger on your mouth, signalling him to be quiet.

“There are these girls who wants to sneak in our house, go to your room and take your things so-“

“What?! What the-“ You covered his mouth with your palm, “Emfffffemffffemmmmfffffeeeemmfff”

“Be quiet!” You whispered, “I have an idea so listen to me.” Kai nodded. You let go of him and ushered him to go inside the room.

“Okay, so here’s the plan……” You began explained your ideas to him and he seemed interested in pranking those girls. “My sister is really jjang!” He giggled. “I know right ~”

 

 

You tiptoed to the living room and there they are, tiptoeing in front of the door. Their shadows could clearly be seen and you just rolled your eyes.

Thank god mom and dad bought this kind of door which could see someone from outside.

Jongin who was already getting ready on whatever plan you gave him, he waited patiently on the upstairs.

You rushed to his room and called him, “Oppa, faster. Do your work!”

He nodded and ran into the living room.

“I hope it’s work. Ah I can’t wait!” He smirked joyfully and held the door knob.

He slowly opened the door and took a peek. “No one?”

“Omo! Jongin!” He heard a girl’s voice calling his name. He turned to the right and saw a girl jumping in joy while covering .

Am I that handsome?

“Yah Seol Hiri! Slow down!” The other girl walked out from beside the wall and hissed. She widened her eyes as she saw Jongin stared at the two of them.

“Oh my god…..”

She froze immeadietly and passed out. Her 3 friends walked out from their hiding spot and panicked.

“Jongin…” Jongin just stared at them in disbelief. Why are they so dumb?

He stepped forward while crossing his arms, “What are you girls doing here?” He asked in low voice.

“I---um… We----uh” The short haired girl stammered.

“Go. Away. From. Here. And. This. Area. If I see your face again, I’ll report to the police.”

The girl who fainted just now had just gained conscious, “Ouch…..” She groaned.

She squinted her eyes only to see her friends now standing. She stood up and massaged her temple.

“Guys what’s happening----What?! Kim Jongin! Omo! Sign ~ Oppa sign ~” She cheered and hugged Kai.

“Kai.”

He pushed her made her stumbled backwards.

“Yah, why are you hugging him?!” The long haired girl pushed her chest.

She glared, “Why? Are we in the same team? So you should proud at least I got to hugged him.”

“Yah! What do you mean by “You should proud at least I got to hugged him?”” The other one joined him.

Kai sighed at the scene and reached for his phone, “Come down.”

Your POV:

I looked down from the balcony and saw a girl fainted and the 4 of them, standing in front of my brother. Sometimes they were all staring at his face but after a few minutes, I caught them staring at his body. “These people……”

The girl who had just fainted was now gained conscious. She looked hurt based on her face but I care less about that. What? I knew their intention so, I’d give them no mercy.

If Kai is a badass, I’d let them in, steal whatever they want. I mean, Kai’s belongings. But that was before. After the tragic accident happened to us, he began to take care of me, loved me and protected me.

That one day, I went to camping with my friends. Before that, I had to give him 5 reasons why I should go. Okay, my answer is reasonable so he let me go there.

While I tried to sleep in the tent, I heard a music been played. It was more like a ballad song. So I woke my friend but she didn’t budge. It just me and her in the tent so I got up, opened the zip and all the students got out from their tent to see who it was.

Even the teachers.

I walked out to the crowd. Once I managed to see clearly, I gasped and face palmed myself.

It was my brother, Kai. He was the one who played the ballad song and he danced. His body was so smooth and it moved based on the rhythm. I smiled at the sight.

Everyone cheered for him once he ended his “performance”.

He winked at me and I came towards him. I slapped his chest, “What was that for Kim Jongin? Why are you here?” I asked.

He pouted cutely and made a puppy eyes, “I came to see you.”

“They’re like a couple, aren’t them?” Teacher Park whispered to his friend. Teacher Lee nodded in agreement.

“Ahhh I am so jealous. I wish I had a brother like him.” Hyeri sighed, remembering she didn’t had any brother. She’s the only child.

I linked my arm with him and we sat on the bench. Everyone went to their tent.

“I don’t want you to sleep in that tent. Come, I already booked a hotel for us.”

You stared at him, “Oppa, it’s okay here. I can take care of myself.”

He rolled his eyes and stretched his arms, “Says the  person who cried when she had a nightmare.”

I titled my head not understand what he said, “No connections.”

He pinched my cheeks so hard, “Yes it is. It’s the same. Please….. I am so lonely ~~” He sang.

I chuckled and sighed in defense, “Under one condition?”

He raised an eyebrow, “What?”

I grinned widely, “Cakes….”

He nodded, “Of course! I’ll buy you lots and lots of cakes!”

“Yayyyyy! Oppa is the best! Love you!” I kissed his cheeks and we giggled.

I snapped out of my thoughts by a beep sound. I slid my thumb, unlocking the screen and Jongin’s name popped on it, “Come down.” He texted.

Mission started.

I went straightly to the outside to meet Kai. I raised my eyebrow towards the bunch of idiots in front of my eyes. Seriously, they looked even worst when they were nervous. I could tell. Hah! My brother is really the best! I mentally laughed like a mad woman while turning my head to him.

“Yes?”

He put both of his hands in his pocket and gave me a smirk. Uh, why did he got that smirk? Is that smirk from our father? Or mother? I swear I never seen that smirk from our parents. Maybe….from our grandparents? Nah!

I nodded. “Girls, I know it’s too quick but, would you like to join with us for lunch?” I titled my head and grinned.

The long silence suddenly filled with cheers and squeals, god these humans, slow your volume!

My brother  held his chest and breathed smoothly, “Okay, deal. Now what?”

“LEAVE!” We both yelled in unison that made the girls rushed to the wall and jumped through it.

“KEEP QUIET, IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE GO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU KIDS!” One of our neighbours yelled. We covered our mouth to suppressed our laughter to burst out. Truly to be said, I and my brother had the worst laughter in the world. Is it only us? I don’t think so…..

I double checked the front gate and door before I sat on the couch in the living room with Kai.

“Make sure they come to lunch okay?” Kai smiled and patted my head. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed, “I really don’t like you being treated like that, Kai. I’ll make sure they’ll get it from us.” I raised my fist on the air and Kai chuckled.

“Aigoo, my sister….” He ruffled my hair. I groaned, “Stop it! You’re messing my hair!” I pouted.

He stood up and stretched his arms, “Go to sleep. Make sure our plans go well. Ok?”

End of POV.

 

 

“Hey girls ~” You and Kai approached the girls as they were waiting impatiently at the café. When you got to school this morning, you informed them to meet at the café nearby after school. Guess what they said?

“Oh my god, okay!”

“I have to look pretty.”

“Ah my dream comes true.”

And the others were only kept silence but you saw their cheeks reddened. Tch, the hell? If I get to collect money because of my brother's popularity, I’d be a damn rich woman.

You smirked at the thoughts. Good idea, isn’t? Kai would be so furious.

Here you and Kai were, surrounded by bunch of squirrels. Kai let out a sighed as the girls kept on staring at him. He rolled his eyes and nudged his arms with yours. You turned to him and raised your eyebrow, “What?”

He gritted his teeth and leaned next to you, “Faster will ya? I’d be crazy if I stay here.”

You smiled at the girls sweetly, “So…..” You started the conversation. “What do you guys like about my brother?” You placed your arm around his neck, head-locked him.

“He’s handsome, hot and y.”

You smiled, “What’s your name?”

“Name is Choi Minri.” She bowed her head.

You cleared your throat, “Is that it? You like my brother because of his features? Miss Choi Minri?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I? All the girls at school knew him. So it must be it.” She simply said earning a glare from me.

The others just nodded, agreed with the girl’s words.

“You know what, this Kai is really an expert baker. He always baked a cake for me.” That’s a lie, Kai never bake cake, but he buy cakes.

All of them made an “awwhhhhhh” sound, “R-really? It’s hard to find a guy who loves baking!” The girl named Hiri exclaimed.

“Well, I brought something for you.” Kai smiled sweetly as he took out a box from a paper bag, “But, open it when you reach home, okay darlings?” He winked.

You almost puked on their faces when you saw that wink. Kai is really…….

“Oh I can’t believe this, you actually gave us something!” The girl named Namjoo cheered.

You rolled your eyes. Yeah, luckily he gave you something when your intention want that something.

Kai glanced at his watch, “Uh I guess we should get going now, do you mind?” He asked you.

The girls sighed in disappointment, “Why so fast?”

“Kai is really busy lately. You better feel lucky because he sacrifice his time just for you guys.” You stood up and linked arms with him, “See ya!”

 

 

“Let’s see what’s in the box? Ahhhh ~ I bet it’s something really precious.” Hiri said.

Namjoo nodded and began to opened the box. The box revealed a chocolate flavored brownie with a cream in the middle, “Wahhhhh ~” They said in unison.

Once they have cut it by small pieces, they cheered, “I’ll eat well ~” Yeah, very well. Just eat until your face turn to green one. It’s a prank, idiots.

They munched and munched until one of them spoke, “What the is this? Why is it so…… Wait, why is it tasted like a tooth paste?” 

"You're going to be late? But you promised me to visit mom and dad." You pouted and played with your fingers. Kai sighed, "I'm sorry dear, but.....we'll go tomorrow okay? I just got a text, the manager wants me to stay over time. Next time okay?" He hugged you.

Just one hug, it eased your heart, "Okay."

"I gotta go, take care my baby." He kissed your forehead, "Why is my brother is so romantic?"

He chuckled, "I suppose to since I don't have any girlfriend."

You crossed your arms, "Then fine one."

"It's not the time yet. I'll go now."

With that, he entered the car and drove off. You let out a sighed and was about to turned around when someone yelled, "Jinnie-yah!"

You turned around just to see your friend, Luhan, approaching you. After he got in front of you, he bent his knees and stood up, straightly.

"Good morning!" He made a peace sign, grinning at you. You giggled at the sight, "Yo Luhan! What's up?" You swung your arm around his neck.

"Oh come on, let's go ~" Both of you entered the school gate and 7 hours in hell just started.

The bell rang signalling that the school had just ended. All the students were rushing to the front gate as if there'sa pig chasing them. In a matter of seconds, the school is empty and only left with a sound of the wind.

You went home with Luhan and walking side by side. You guys talked about random things and Luhan even made some jokes. You laughed at his jokes and kept hitting his shoulder when you laughed. He knitted his eyebrows when you hit him and asked, "Are you like to hit people when you're laughing?"

You catch a breath and smiled, "Most of the people are like that."

He shook his head, "Not really, but I kind of......like it." He smiled cutely.

Both of you walked side by side and a beat of silence filled between both of you. You rubbed your palms and blew some hot air into it. Your body started to shiver, thank god, you wore a thick jacket that Kai had bought to you.

"Cold?" He asked.

You nodded, "Yeah, but the weather is really nice." You glanced up to the sky and smiled, "I really like winter."

When there's a winter, your mind feels so calm and you don't have to think so much. Just look at the clouds makes your heart ease at the sight.

While you were enjoying the scenery, a hand slowly interlanced with your fingers. You looked up from your hand and Luhan smiled.

He then brought your hands to his pocket, "I don't like winter." He pouted and squeezed your hand.

You felt so warm and smiled, "Why?"

He kept silence for a second, "Because I don't like."

You rolled your eyes, "Such a tease." You mumbled.

"Oi ." 

You stopped in your track and turned back. Luhan glared at the five of them, "What did you say just now?"

"B.I.T.C.H"

"Oh come on, why would you call me that?" 

"Because you and your beloved brother pranked us!" Luhan chuckled, "Serve you right."

He laughed so hard when you told him about the prank you and Kai had made. 

Hiri stepped forward and slapped your cheek, hardly. You glared at her and was about to slap her back when Luhan reached your arm, "Stop it. They won't stop until you don't."

"See, don't try to fool us again. We are not interested."

You heaved a sighed, "I don't asked whether you are interested or not." You smirked.

"It's only a prank. Get over it. It's normal. Duh.." Luhan rolled his eyes.

"It's not normal you fool! No one ever do that to us!"

"Tch, as if you are a queen." You scoffed.

Minri grabbed your hair and pulled your hair, "I am really a queen." She hissed.

Back then she was really shy in front of Kai but now, the other way around. Plastic. Fake.

"You aren't a queen."

All of you turned to where the voice suddenly boomed into your conversation with that Minri girl. 

"Kai."

 

 

 

A/N:

Thanks for spending your time! Kamsahamnida! <3