2: high class

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 

 

two: high class[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]["I try to be careful for what I wish for."][/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Juyeon's Class 12, Second Years, weren't so bad. Sure, there were the slackers she waged war daily with, but some of the more hardworking students were all right and she was perfectly friendly with them.

She may be a , but she wasn't that big of a .

One of her closer friends (if they could be called friends) was Park Suji. She was a round-faced girl with short, messy hair that had a streak of dark blue in the front. She mostly kept to herself, but was a nice — if not unpredictable — girl and ate lunch with Juyeon when they both had free time.

"How was the history test?" she asked one day. Everyone in Class 12 were lazily sitting about and chatting. They had a break in-between classes, and nobody wanted to return to their seats just yet. The teachers weren't very strict about silence before the lesson started.

"Not bad," Juyeon said with a small smile and shrug. She was pretty sure she aced it. Understanding concepts and reapplying them in different situations was Juyeon's biggest problem. She liked things that didn't change, things set in stone: therefore, subjects that focused on memorization, such as history and some sciences, were Juyeon's forté.

"I heard that some kids think you'll be transferred to High Class if your grades keep up." Suji wiggled her eyebrows.

Juyeon snickered. "That's ridiculous," she scoffed, playing with the end of her braid. "High Class is only for those dumb rich kids. I'm perfectly happy right here."

"So says the scholarship student," Suji said with a little grin. "Don't you wanna get transferred to High Class and woo some rich little snob, let him pay off your school debts?"

Juyeon gave her an exasperated look, although she was rather amused by her words. "They don't send students to High Class for good grades, Park Suji. It's for snobby boys and girls who like to spend daddy's money."

Suji simply shrugged. "Hey, it's happened before."

"No, it ha—" It was then that the large group of students sitting nearby pulled them in to their conversation.

"Yah, Juyeon!" a girl said excitedly. "You like walking around in the main courtyard, right? Have you ever seen a High Class student?"

"Apparently they always wander around there!" another said. "Kim Eunhi from Class 7 swore a super handsome guy from High Class gave her a flower in the courtyard. She still has it too; even with the petals all wilting and everything. She said he was unlike anything she's ever seen. Like a prince."

Juyeon thought about it, although she was trying hard not to bust out laughing from the idea of obsessing over a guy who gave her a flower.

For a moment, her mind turned up blank. Then, like resurfacing from a dream, the image of a scowling face broke out of the mist. She distinctly remembered the hair: it seemed to be an impossibly light shade of brown, but when the sun hit it in certain places it turned the crown of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter