12: lunchroom drama

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

twelve: lunchroom drama[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]

["We are monsters, don't forget that."] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Lunchtime came in the blink of an eye. Juyeon sighed in relief. For once, she didn't enjoy her lessons. Science was just … too strange. Professor Terror had a very twisted, dark sense of humour that Juyeon couldn't really appreciate.

The PCs left in small groups of twos or threes, chatting happily. Sumi walked by Juyeon without a word, laughing at something her friend said. Someone bumped her shoulder hard, shooting her a dirty look.

Juyeon sighed and quickly followed the students before she lost them. They all walked down the hallways before entering what was presumably the dining hall. Except unlike the warm, friendly dining hall Pole, Tropics, and Sunset shared, the High Class dining hall was cold and barren.

It was just as big as the other dining hall, except with only one Wing's worth of students it seemed empty. The walls were also bare, the floor littered with soup spills, crushed soda cans, and leftover bits of dropped food. The cafeteria line seemed just as unappetizing, with bland colours of mashed-up blobs Juyeon supposed was food.

Welcome to High Class, Juyeon thought with a sigh, and moved to stand in line. The earlier students were sitting and shoveling food into their mouths. Even with all the PCs shouting and laughing, the noise echoed off the large room and made it seem even emptier.

Juyeon hardly noticed the person in line behind her until he spoke. "I sure hope you aren't thinking of sitting at our table."

Juyeon turned and narrowed her eyes at Sehun. The back of her neck tingled uncomfortably. "Why would I want to sit with you crazy jerks?"

The truth was, Juyeon had hoped she could. She always had a few friendly classmates to eat with, and to suddenly be faced with the prospect of eating alone was something she didn't want to deal with.

Sehun snorted softly. "Yes, I'm sure you weren't planning to."

"Don't act like you know everything about me," Juyeon snapped, and turned back around.

A small squeak of surprise (and maybe fright) escaped Juyeon's lips when she felt the familiar icy cold hand close on the back of her neck. Sehun stooped until he was about her height.

"You think I don't know you?" He hissed into her ear, his words as sharp as knives. "You're a bookwormy smartass who likes to look down on people you can afford to look down on, and act tough in front of people you can't intimidate. You talk back to us because you want to give the impression that we don't scare a normal like you. Well, that worked so far. You've caught the interest of Baekhyun and Kai, and maybe Chanyeol if he ever concentrates on one thing long enough."

Juyeon wanted to say something like "so, what?" to his face. Shock him like she did that day in the courtyard. But she couldn't move a muscle. She had the same feeling before around this guy; like being dunked in cold water and being frozen solid.

"But here's the thing, normal. The protection you're working so hard to receive is piti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter