11: that is crazy

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

eleven: that is crazy [/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]

[In this new world she was shoved into, everything was so harsh and everyone was so loud.] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Juyeon shakily raised her hand. Why were all the teachers in High Class so terrifying?

"Alright. I am Professor Terror, your Science teacher. I expect appropriate behaviour in my class at all times, and if you're sickened by dissections, too bad, because I've always wanted to dissect a normal and I don't like it when students question my dissections. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." Juyeon suddenly missed her old science teacher, who was a timid, forgetful woman that never spoke above her 'inside voice' and didn't stand out. In fact, she missed everything ordinary and unnoticeable about her normal life. In this new world she was shoved into, everything was so harsh and everyone was so loud. Everything demanded attention. It made Juyeon's brain hurt.

Professor Terror went up to the chalkboard and erased a good chunk of the scribbles, then began writing something down. She turned back to the class, a wicked gleam in her eye.

"Our lesson today: do frogs feel pain when we dissect them? You have twenty minutes to come up with theories and proof, and you are allowed to work in partners or small groups of three or four. If the noise level gets too loud I will put you on an operating table. HURRY UP!"

Juyeon turned hopefully to Baekhyun, whom she was beginning to like the best, but someone suddenly hissed her name and she turned to them instead.

Chanyeol grinned broadly, his teeth bared in a crazy, but not necessarily scary, smile. "Ha! Eye contact rule! We're partners now."

Juyeon started to complain, but Chanyeol had already hopped over to her desk and slapped his paper down. To Juyeon's annoyance, Kai joined them, and the quiet boy who could control the earth, D.O, silently turned around in his seat without asking. Suho and Baekhyun, the two boys Juyeon would rather work with more than anyone else, moved to work with Sehun.

Juyeon sighed. "Why are we even doing this? Of course the frogs don't feel pain in a dissection." She was very disappointed by this class. She'd hoped it would be a mixture of what she already knew with some PC twist in it, like History. "I mean, the frogs have already been long dead before they even arrive in the classrooms."

Kai gave her an evil smirk. "Not in High Class."

Juyeon gaped at him. "You don't mean―the frog is still alive when you dissect it?"

"Lets us blow off some steam," Chanyeol explained, but Juyeon was too horrified to care why.

"THAT'S DISGUSTI―"

"LOWER THE VOLUME!" Professor Terror roared.

A few students were looking at her and snickering meanly, but Juyeon didn't care.

"That's animal cruelty," she said quietly, through gritted teeth.

"That's kind of hypocritical," Kai observed with a sly look on his face. "You don't mind opening up a frog when it's dead, but you're mad at us opening it up when it's alive."

"Do you have any idea what animal cruelty means?" Juyeon snapped, her temper rising when they shot her blank stares. "When it's dead, it feels nothing. When it's alive, it feels pain. It feels every cut we give it, every bone we break in it. How would YOU feel if you were tied down and cut open and someone started to remove all your internal organs until you die?"

Kai paused. "Sounds pretty fun, actually. Besides, I can teleport. Nobody can do that to me."

"RRRGGGHHH!" Juyeon pulled out her braid, messed up her hair in irritation, then began to redo the braid, fuming silently. Kai watched in amusement.

"Professor Terror loves making you think," Chanyeol explained to Juyeon, as if she even cared. "She adores creativity and outside-the-box crap. So, come on guys, think of some factors. It would feel pain if we just tied it down and went loose―"

"But it won't feel pain if we overdose it with tranquilizers or something," Kai suggested. "Like somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter