ch 1

Tell Me How to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

In a busy airport where everyone is walking around, a girl sits on the waiting chair for an hour already. One side, she is bored already. She came to the airport too early. Thanks for oh so early reminder from her over excited older brother. He continually sent messages –even until now— just to make sure she is at the airport already. Even since last night, he called her for hours just to talk and talk. Don’t blame them because they’re being inseparable since forever.

Good thing that her crazy best friends are helpful enough to help on entertaining her, enough to buy time until her flight. That’s what she currently doing now. She is looking onto her phone. She will let out annoyed groans yet sometime she will complain on whatever the other side said. Sometimes she will chuckle although the joke was too dry for her taste while eat her doughnut or drink her chocomilk. Talking to her friends is really doing well for her. Always. Her best friends, despite their naturally crazy self, they’re the only friends she has.

Although distance is separating them apart, technology can always bring them close to each other. No matter how much time difference, whenever she need them, they always just one call away. They can be annoying –most of the time— but they are also her savior. Her friends. Her brothers.

She is so busy with her own world until not even realizing that a boy looking at her since she sat in front of him. And he is listening all of her conversation. Not that he is ear dropping or so, just her voice is loud enough for him to hear whatever she said. Also because the talked they’ve shared is too...chaotic.

Her smile is so attractive. Not only it is attracting him, but every people who passed her will always take a glance on such an eye catcher like her. But she doesn’t even realize it. Her voice, although her voice a bit off –due to common cold, peoples are still curious about her. And that boy is gonna be perfect example.

That girl, Byun Youngneul is smiling again and that boy almost getting heart attack because his heart beat so fast. Her smile is like electricity.

“Ahahaha, I think you need some water, oppa.”

“Why?” Johnny, one of her crazy best friend asked in curiosity. He doesn’t feel like drinking water now. He’s not thirsty anyway. Even if he wants to drink, how can Youngneul know?

She snickers. “Because your joke is too dry. Even from here I can clearly hear how it sounds like a chip.”

The other boys laugh whole heartedly. Enjoying the attack Youngneul gives directly to the oldest. Honestly, Youngneul is such a sweet girl. A bit quiet but she can be quite talkative toward someone she is comfotable with. In their circle of friends –Johnny, Taeyong, Lucas, and her— she is the only sane one. She has soft heart. She can’t even hurt a fly or an ant. And a bit cry baby. She cried and not talked to Lucas for a whole week because he bullied a cutie little cat when they were kids. She also cried when Taeyong accidentally fell from bicycle and broke his left arm.

She is also so clingy. Especially to her brothers and of course to her best friends. It is because they spoil her too much. And she only has them to depend on. She can’t believe anyone easily. She is always cautious to the new people. She may look she can associate well with new people, but inside, she will always feel insecure. She may friendly but she will draw clear line to new people for them not to cross.

“Ya! How could you say that about my joke?! Youngie, you sure you are not forget I’m your Johnny oppa, right? The funniest one! I’m not Taeyong, the lamest person in the entire universe.”

She chuckles. Johnny is partly right. Among them, Taeyong is the serious one. He loves to nag, clean freak, and basically the mother of the group. Sometime, no one could even understand if he was throwing a joke or explaining some kind chemistry formula. He is kinda mysterious. That’s one of his charisma to attract girls. Thankfully, he is not playboy like Johnny who’s being the father of the group. Johnny is the easy going one. He has charming smile. He also the sweet talker. But he cares for his friends more than anything. Being the oldest he is, he will always take care of his friends. He knows what you need even you’re not saying it aloud. And the last, Lucas. He is just a few months older than Youngneul. He is the mood maker. He is the one with innocent face but you will never know what he may have in his head. He is unpredictable. Although he is young, but he will be in the front row to defend his friends. He may look sunshine and all, but when he is being mad, you can never imagine it. Overall, they are dependable on their own way. And Youngneul feels blessed to have them in her life. They always next to her in up and down. Even on the lowest and darkest time in her life, they never leave her side.

“I have no doubt it was you, Youngho-ssi.”

“Thanks. Don’t expect me to pick you up then, kiddo.”

She sticks out her tongue. She doesn’t care with airport’s noisy sound. As long as it’s not the sound of her gate’s announcement, she will never care.

A moment later, she finally hears the announcement for her gate.

”Oppadeul. My gate is open now.”

“We heard. Anyway, it’s a bit cold here. Don’t forget to use something warmer when you land. And take care of your health. Drink medicine. Eat a lot—”

“—Yes, yes. Taeyong hyung, the moment you end with your talk, her plane will already land in Korea.”

Johnny nods solemnly, totally agrees with Lucas while Taeyong glares to the youngest boy.

Youngneul chuckles again. “I will. Well then. See you later in Korea. Bye! Love you guys.”

“Eww, don’t do the kissing!”

Youngneul rolls her eyes playfully. “Whatever. I really need to go. Don’t forget to pick me up, oppa! Bye!”

She bids farewell to her best friends before ending the video call. She grabs her things and runs to the open gate. After the entire checkup done

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter