Chapter 42

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Friday, 12 noon.

 

Crystal stares at the round clock that’s stationed on the wall, ticking its way since 10 minutes ago when she just reached HanBin’s office. There is no way HanBin will reject her visit since she’s already being led to his office by his secretary.

 

She waits patiently. Because in all truth and honesty, she realizes that she’s not really willing to know everything that she wants to hear from HanBin. Perhaps she should leave, she contemplates on this idea.

 

Crystal stood up, but her hand remains firmly grabbing onto the sofa as if forcing her to stay.

 

She heaves a sigh and sat down, covering her pale face with her hands. HanBin should be here soon, it’s already 12:03pm. She watches the clock tick again since she has nothing to do except wait.

 

She hears footsteps. Heavy and loud of a man’s shoes, unlike the high pitched sound echoed by ladies’ heels. Wiping off the worried look on her face, Crystal stood up.

 

This time round, she’s not about to leave, instead, she is preparing herself to meet the one that has played a part in her pathetic life.

 

The door slide opens after a beep echoed through the still air. HanBin walked in with an apologetic face, fatigue and guilt all written over. Crystal obviously recognizes those emotions but, she chose not to sympathy this one man.

 

He slowed down his steps and stood a step away knowing that this distance is required to make the girl comfortable. Deep down HanBin’s heart, he knows forgiveness will not be given for all the failure he has to confess the truth to this girl.

 

“Why…?” Crystal whispers.

 

“Crystal…” But the words disappeared and HanBin couldn’t find the courage to say anymore, anything.

 

“Why…?”

 

“WHY…!?”

 

HanBin flinch because of the girl’s sudden agitation and tears. He has seen it coming but he knows he’s not ready to accept the fact that he wouldn’t be able to give the girl consoles like before.

 

Crystal cries, at the thought of how her parents left her at the orphanage. All the years of denigrated life she’s being living. Not having another chance of telling her parents how much she has loved them. Waiting for them to return but in the end knowing they wouldn’t.

 

“Crystal…” HanBin begs for her to stop. It hurts him to see her cry. He would have wished it was him that’s carrying the pain and not the one that caused the pain. HanBin stretches his hands out of instinct to hold her.

 

“Don’t touch me!”

 

“Crystal… I… I’m sorry, for all the pain you had to go through because of me.” HanBin shake his head in misery and took a step away from the girl.

 

He hates himself. He hates himself to the core. But she didn’t know. She had no idea how much guilt and pain lies on his shoulders as well. It is suffocating for the both of them and they failed to see the importance of letting it go instead of carrying it along all these while.

 

“Sorry…?” Crystal asked. “You’re sorry?”

 

“My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter