Chapter 40

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Crystal watches as the man speeds off in a hurry, taking a glance at his own watch every few seconds or so. If her father is still alive, she would probably stand somewhere around his shoulder but definitely so much smaller than him. She supposes she took after her mother’s gene since she’s small in size and pale in complexion.

 

But what’s the use? She could only reminisce and that adds up her emotional pain. She tasted bitterness in and shook her head to clear off the thoughts, taking in a short breath and curled up her lips, prepared herself to meet Mark and his clique at their hideout.

 

She knows the clique is in there when she heard noises, very loud laughter and talking. This was what she had missed; they were like family to her because they treated her just like a sister and she appreciated it even though she never really spills the words.

 

Walking down the step very leisurely, she tries to peek on them to see what they were doing. Video games, dance and some stupidity talks that they came up with. Crystal’s lips curled up unknowingly, this was what she wanted to feel, the sense of belonging and familiarity as though she belongs here from the start.

 

“Oh! Nuna!”

 

YuGyeom waved both his hands up in the air when he spotted Crystal standing near the stairs and the girl smiled bashfully, suddenly shy because of the appearance in front of them. Mark sees her and then jolts up from the sofa so fast and sprint towards her without a word.

 

“You should have rest!”

 

Mark demanded, his tone unintentionally came out a tad too harsh and he sense the slight waver from the girl.

 

“Gwaenchana?”

 

He asked again and this time round, Mark bends down to meet her height. He placed his forehead against hers and the girl, not accustomed to the sudden skin ship wanted to move away but was stopped by the big hand on her back. If Mark is doing so to feel her temperature, it would only make it worse as Crystal feels the heat rising and her face seems to have flushed.

 

“I’m okay.”

 

She whispered and the murmur came out like how a mouse would plead for safety. Not that she’s afraid of Mark but she feels the need for distance because after all that has happened, you can’t blame the girl from feeling defensive against others.

 

Mark could sense that she had built a wall unknowingly and that he had only himself to blame after all these. But one thing for sure, he will take whatever it takes to gain her trust and reveal that once cheerful girl again.

 

The rest of the members could easily apprehend that situation, all of their attention fixed on the awkwardly standing girl and that enthusiastic guy. Jackson had to suppress a groan and he instead, rolled his eye.

 

Mark reaches out for her hand and she hesitatingly grab onto it, her fingertips tickles and she had long forgotten what it felt like to have this bashful intimacy with Mark. The elder guy smiles, lips curled up hopefully and the girl finds herself mimicking him.

 

At least it wasn’t as bad as how Mark thought it to be. The girl still accepts his skin ship invitation and that gave him the strength to tighten onto that hope he had with Crystal so dearly.

 

“Hyung!” YuGyeom called out. “Let’s do a round of our vocal training.”

 

Though that was sudden, Crystal couldn’t hide the relief that flash onto her face. She was thankful she could escape this awkwardness that’s bugging her even though it wasn’t supposed to be like that.

 

Mark led her to the sofa and have her seated down while the rest of the members took their positions. She hadn’t witnessed this side of them, the serious side which she thought didn’t exist in this jokesters. True that she had seen their dance routine back before the Suzy incident but this was a different case. The melody started and it flowed very slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter