The Assembly

You and I

The student body's cheers filled up the gymnasium as the assembly begins.  Principal Eric Mun, a handsome man only in his early 40's, made his way to the front of the stage.  He tapped the microphone and cleared his throat, shushing the crowd.  

"Good morning, ShinHwa High!" he shouted through the mic.

The students went wild, cheering and hooting at their principal's cheerful greeting.

"Yes, hello, hello!"  he said, bringing his students noise level down again.  "Thank you so much for joining us so early in the morning.  As you all may know, our school football team has made it to the Championship and will be going up against our rival school, Sech Kies Academy."

The student boos echoed throughout the crowd.  Principal Mun hushed them back to a quiet level again.

"Yes, yes.  I understand how you guys all feel.  Last year's game was devastating when they broke our three-year winning streak, but this year...TONIGHT, we will kick their butts and get our trophy back!!!" 

The crowd went wild and applauded as Principal Mun pumped his fist in the air.

"Now, without further ado...here is...your returning 2015 State Basketball Champions...the ShinHwa Tigers!!!"

The students jumped to their feet as the basketball team ran through the paper banner with the Sech Kies Academy's mascot, the Eagles, drawn in the middle, ripping it to pieces as the ran towards the stage.

Yuri and Yoona cheered on with their friends, waving their little pompoms around.  

"Lame!"  WooYoung shouted.

Yuri nudged WooYoung in the ribs to behave himself.  TaeCyeon laughed and shook his head, knowing WooYoung was asking for it.

Coach MinWoo finished his motivation speech to the team, praising his players and the difference they've made to one another, and how well they have played this year.  He especially bragged a lot about his favorite player, NichKhun, who shamelessly accepeted the compliments.  Coach MinWoo handed the mic off to the his star player, NichKhun.  The crowd cheered and the girls squealed as he cooly walked up to the mic.

"What's up, Tigers!"  

Wahhhh went the crowd.

"Yeah!  Now like Coach said, we ain't got nothing to worry about tonight.  Why?  Because we are the 14-0, baby!!! And what does that make us??? The BEST!!! And what are we called when we're the best?!! THE SHINHWA TIGERS!!!!!!!"  

NichKhun held up the mic and dropped it on the stage floor.  Everybody was now up on their feet and hootin' and hollerin'.  His teammates went up on stage and starts chanting "Ti-Gers! Ti-Gers!".  

NichKhun found Yoona on the bleachers, waving her pompom along with the chants.  Her eyes met with his and he flashed his smolder.  He pointed at her and sent up a wink.  Yoona shyly pointed at herself and NichKhun nodded.  Yuri glanced back and forth between the both of them, her face in shock.  Yoona rolled her eyes and looked away.  Yuri squealed and shook her in excitement.  She seemed more excited than Yoona was.  

NichKhun smirked as Yoona looked away from him.  His teammate, Choi MinHo, walked up to him and looked at where he was pointing to.

"What are you doing?  Who's that?"  he asked.

MinHo found Yoona and confusingly turned to him.

"Im Yoona?  Since when did you associate yourself with someone like Im Yoona?"  he asked.

"I guess, now."  NichKhun shrugged.  "Just something I wanna try.  Yeah?"  

MinHo saw his wink and playful high-fives him.  

TaeCyeon watched as MinHo and NichKhun exchanged glances after that little message he sent to Yoona.  They threw their arms around each other and walked off stage with the rest of the team.  

He looked over to Yoona and Yuri, who were busy squealing and giggling over NichKhun and Yoona's telepathic moment.  

"What as that all about?"  TaeCyeon shouted, knudging Yoona.

"What? Oh, nothing."  she said, pushing the excited Yuri.

All that made you giggle like a teenage girl? Psh.  He thought.

Whatever that message was, it was annoying.  TaeCyeon doesn't know why, but it was annoying.


  A   U   T   H   O   R   '   S      N   O   T   E   :

Chapter 3: Done! Finally! I am finally updating again!  I sometimes have sudden bursts of inspiration and then I get lost in how I want to explain it to my AWESOME readers and then I'm back at Square 1 again...ugh! The struggle is real, guys!  I will try to update as soon as I can!  Thank you to all that has been keeping up with this story! You're the best!! much luvv <3